Sponsored

Considering going FI...a couple of questions...

OP
OP

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
2016 auto whipple stage 2 gen 2 for two years now running whipple tune. I have no complaints other than until I got some nitto 555r drag radials I had ZERO traction. Now the 555r's I can actually go WOT. I did not do OPG's but dont plan to race the car and being auto hitting the rev limiter often is not an issue. Whipple tune is great and it comes with the kit.
When you say you had no traction...before the 555s, could you roll into it in 2nd without wheelspin? Could you nail it anywhere in third?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
2016 auto whipple stage 2 gen 2 for two years now running whipple tune. I have no complaints other than until I got some nitto 555r drag radials I had ZERO traction. Now the 555r's I can actually go WOT. I did not do OPG's but dont plan to race the car and being auto hitting the rev limiter often is not an issue. Whipple tune is great and it comes with the kit.
Also, what gas are you running? Thanks in advance.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
The Whipple Gen 5 seems like such a no-brainer but they still sell the Gen 3 for not that much less. So why would someone go Gen 3 in that case?
Personal goal with the car. Gen 5 is the way to go though.

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium, MT, Ford racing x-pipe Roush Phase 2.
I think I remember you from your Power Pack days. Congrats on going FI! How did the original Roush canned tune compare to your power pack? Just noticeably or incredibly more powerful feeling? Also, did you get new wheels/tires?

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
I ended up with PP3 which gave me about 475 at the crank. Then I went FI. The Roush tune claims 727 crank HP on 91 octane. There was a huge difference in torque at low rpm and part throttle. JBA then "optimized" the tune on their dyno. They raised the red line among other things. The dyno read 528 at the wheels on their Mustang dyno. The tuner said I could add 20% for a Dynojet comparison which seems about right. I have Steeda front and rear IRS braces and vertical links. I am running Nitto 555R 305s on the rear and 285s on the front. Fairly good traction. 6sp with an MGW shifter. I love driving this car every day. Also, no blower whine whatsoever. A bit of a sleeper as some have learned. When they ask me if I have any mods I say intake, exhaust and tune because a blower is an intake mod right?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
I ended up with PP3 which gave me about 475 at the crank. Then I went FI. The Roush tune claims 727 crank HP on 91 octane. There was a huge difference in torque at low rpm and part throttle. JBA then "optimized" the tune on their dyno. They raised the red line among other things. The dyno read 528 at the wheels on their Mustang dyno. The tuner said I could add 20% for a Dynojet comparison which seems about right. I have Steeda front and rear IRS braces and vertical links. I am running Nitto 555R 305s on the rear and 285s on the front. Fairly good traction. 6sp with an MGW shifter. I love driving this car every day. Also, no blower whine whatsoever. A bit of a sleeper as some have learned. When they ask me if I have any mods I say intake, exhaust and tune because a blower is an intake mod right?
I was thinking of the Roush stage 2, but I happen to have the wrong combination of a 2017 and living in a CARB state (they won't sell the stage 2 kit or upgrade to anyone in that classification). I assume I could replicate it with a bap, pulley, etc., and a custom tune but it wouldn't have the CARB blessing.

I guess I have no choice but to spend more $$ and get new wheels and tires even if I only plan to roll into it in 2nd or 3rd. Hopefully I can find something cheap. Did you keep the GT350IM or ditch/sell it? I was thinking of a centri with my current GT350IM and TB but I think I want more midrange than screaming at high rpm.

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking of the Roush stage 2, but I happen to have the wrong combination of a 2017 and living in a CARB state (they won't sell the stage 2 kit or upgrade to anyone in that classification). I assume I could replicate it with a bap, pulley, etc., and a custom tune but it wouldn't have the CARB blessing.

I guess I have no choice but to spend more $$ and get new wheels and tires even if I only plan to roll into it in 2nd or 3rd. Hopefully I can find something cheap. Did you keep the GT350IM or ditch/sell it? I was thinking of a centri with my current GT350IM and TB but I think I want more midrange than screaming at high rpm.
I still have the GT350 mani, two GT350 throttle bodies and two cold air intakes. Haven't got around to peddling them anywhere yet.

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
Also Procharger told me that their centris would not be CARB compliant if they were installed on a GT350 mani.

briskspirit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Igor
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium

Come to FL for vacation ;) You can put Stage 2 here and your CARB sticker will still be under the hood :)
Sponsored