Sponsored

Lasik Anyone?

IzVenomous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5oh
I want it so bad "/ 20/200 vision here at 22 have had glasses/contacts since I can remember. Can't even read the gauges in the car without them. How much is the cost?
Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I want it so bad "/ 20/200 vision here at 22 have had glasses/contacts since I can remember. Can't even read the gauges in the car without them. How much is the cost?
I paid $2500 on a LivingSocial deal. No idea what it costs these days but don't cheap out on it lol. I could never go back to glasses. Worth 10 times what I paid.

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
10 years ago, bladeless, zero issues, vision is better than perfect still

20/18
20/18

Cost $4k back then

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yea I did it as well. There are some tradeoffs like what folks mentioned, but I don't regret having it done. I did it when i was about 35. After the surgery I had some cloudy vision for a couple hours after waking up for a couple of weeks which cleared up. It is also harder to read stuff close up but you can train your eyes to kind of fix that, so I don't have that issue anymore. My only issue now, is bright lights at night seem to bother me more than before, that's about it. I'd do it again for sure.

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
I had PRK done instead of LASIK a few years ago because my corneas were too thin. I was basically blind for 3-4 weeks afterwards but it turned out really well and am now 20/20 in each eye compared to 20/bad before. It also helped because I got a no interest for 2 years deal and paid it off in no time.

My wife watched the whole surgery on a big screen in the room next door and said it was one of the scariest things she's ever seen but couldn't look away.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Clink

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Thanks everyone, I'm pushing the exam back a bit or so due to some travel but still plan on going through with it just not this month.

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
I know this thread is old... but it is totally worth it. I had horrendous vision since birth, macular degeneration, and astigmatism. 2 years ago Lasik surgery corrected it all 100%... on a side note, it was the single scariest procedure of my life.. so there's that.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
best thing I ever spent money on. Had -6.25/-5.75 vision, completely dependant on glasses. Surgery was a joke, walked into the operating room 9:45, walked out 10:00, and I could already see a difference. Been 2 years and I'm still 20/20. Paid with my pre tax HSA money. Procedure looks way scarier than what it really is when you watch a video. I found it more bizarre than scary as the patient.

OP
OP
Clink

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Thx guys for the info, I still plan on going through with it but the timing is all I'm working on.

My company merged with another and insurance is changing so want to get that all figured out before moving forward.

ForTehNguyen - that's pretty much the same my eyes are, good to know you had a good experience. Alarm clock has like 3 inch numbers so I can see at night....

Sponsored

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
Lasik at 37, love it. Now 49 I need reading glasses, started needing them about 3 years ago. Still a fair trade off, spent my youth so nearsighted that I couldn't find my glasses on my nightstand if my wife moved them from where I set them at bedtime.

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB PP 6MT Navi 401A.
I had PRK done at 28 years old. Eyes are 20/15 when I was -4.75 diopetres pre-surgery. I was not a candidate for LASIK because my astigmatism was too strong and they felt that PRK would have a better chance of correcting my vision without issues.

I wish I could have done LASIK because PRK was a fucking BITCH. The 3-4 days after the surgery were god awful. No pain killers, just steroid drops. I basically laid in bed in the pitch black for four days with icepacks over my eyes. God awful pain. I went back to work (I'm an attorney that stares at computer screens all day) about a week later. I had some lingering issues for 3-4 weeks but everything was crystal clear after that.

Totally worth it though. I would do it again if I had to. It is amazing to never have to worry about glasses and contacts until my eyes do the old age thing down the road.

If you're going to get surgery, get it early so you have a lot of years to enjoy it before old age fucks em up again.

ZIGZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Premium PP
I had PRK done at 26. I had 20/400 vision prior to the surgery. I was so blind. I HIGHLY recommend it. I am 35 now and still have 20/15 vision. It was the best 4k I've ever spent. Yeah, the first week or so sucks, but it's nothing compared to the benefits. Two thumbs up.

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
It's life changing. You wont regret it one bit.