Sponsored

LASIK Eye Surgery

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
I highly recommend it. It will change your life.
Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
best thing I ever spent money on. Had -6 vision, I was useless without glasses. Improved all my hobbies: shooting, car stuff. Much easier to work with stuff having a full field of vision. Surgery was a joke, walked in and out of the operating room in 15 minutes. Im 33 years old if you were curious. So I will have many years to enjoy it. My mom and 3 of my cousins also had lasik done.

bro (28 years old) just did his lasik today

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
Glasses gave me headaches, contacts will have protein deposits build up on them and I had allergies to that which was very uncomfortable, made my eyelids bumpy. I got to the point where I didn't care, I had to change something. that was 15 years ago, lasik, no problems since.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Had PRK done last year and I highly recommend it to everyone.

Herb

Sponsored

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
My wife and I both had it. she got it about 2 years ago and I did it a year ago. She was -8 and couldn't see literally anything without contacts or glasses and it changed her life completely. Since it worked for her I got it too, but I was only like -1 or so but hated wearing contacts so it was worth it to me. We both were as high as 20/10 for a couple months and I settled in at 20/15 and her at 20/20.

Doc said as we get older we will still need reading glasses as lasik is for distance only. So far all good.

jane025

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheeled
Lasik suregery

It is a good option if you are a right candidate for lasik surgery. Vision is corrected almost immediately and is associated with little pain. Recovery is also quick and no bandages or stitches are required. The only problem is that you might want to use glasses while driving at night. https://www.goldbergcentre.com/lasik/ has all the info regarding lasik suregery. Go through it before you go for your surgery.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
I had lasik done about 5 years ago. Totally worth it. I didn't have glasses or contacts until I was 20 so I didn't grow up with them. My only issue is that my eyes get really dry from time to time. Doesn't help that I live in the desert.

For those that don't want the minuscule risks associated with LASIK you should look into Ortho-K lenses. They are kind of like braces for your eyes. We can't see properly since our eyes are misshaped. The lense is to far or close causing near sided or far sidedness. These make your eyes symmetrical. My opto had me put them in during one of my exams. When I did my eye test before I could only read the 2nd line. 15 minutes with them in and then he removed them I was at 20/20.

It is a no permanent solution. They are just hard contact lenses you wear a few times a week at night. Also if you don't like the results you stop wearing them and your eyes go back to normal.

tjo1186

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mustang GT
I had LASIK in 2008 on both eyes. I am a huge fan of the procedure, as well as PRK, as long as you are a good candidate. There are many factors that go into being a candidate, so make sure you go to a reputable surgeon. There are risks and complications, as with any surgery, but for the most part they are minimal. Haloes and glare issues at night depend on your dim illumination pupil size and the size optic zone created with the laser during the surgery. Most of these side effects are minimized by having a thorough work up and really being a good candidate for that particular surgery. I am an optometrist and have been a pt for LASIK. This is not medical advice in any way.
Sponsored