Sponsored

Lasik Anyone?

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
My cousin had some super bad vision around -10 or -11. Way too strong for lasik and probably PRK. She just went ahead and did intraocular lens, where they actually implant a contact lens in her eye. She loved it.

Thx guys for the info, I still plan on going through with it but the timing is all I'm working on.

My company merged with another and insurance is changing so want to get that all figured out before moving forward.

ForTehNguyen - that's pretty much the same my eyes are, good to know you had a good experience. Alarm clock has like 3 inch numbers so I can see at night....
Got home 10:30 went to bed, woke up ate lunch. Sat around watched TV until 430 and went to bed for the rest of the day. The next day everything was ultra sharp, could see the pixels on my monitor that I didnt see before. I was around 20/10 for the first couple weeks reading the bottom line like it was nothing. Eventually it settled down around 20/20 to 20/15, can still kinda read the bottom line. First couple weeks youll be using eyedrops a lot. Wake up in the middle of hte night on purpose sometimes to use eyedrops. Then every couple weeks after that youll notice youll use less and less. By the end of 2 months, no more drops.

Just makes everyday tasks easier. Especially sucks when youre working on something with your glasses slipping all over the place especially with sweat. No more of that crap. It also really helped going to the shooting range. The best thing is you have 100% clear field of vision, something you dont have with glasses.
Sponsored

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I am thinking about doing it. I'm 28 now. I fear my eyes may still be changing though, or maybe I just get a lot of eye strain from being on the computer too much.

The one thing that worried me is a friend of mine who's 25 had it done and loved it. I was showing her something on her iPad and she said, "what's that say? I can't see it."
Freaked me out, lol.

I think I may need an RX done again but maybe it's just me being tired all the time. I really dislike having glasses. They're such a pain in the ass.
I just worry about my eyes falling out of tune in the long run. I sincerely don't care if I need reading glasses, I just want far vision!

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
I used Lasik Plus in Chicago in 2009. Best money EVER spent in my life. Went from -7 to almost 20/20 over night and it changed my life drastically. I use driving glasses at night though as my night vision is not 20/20 but if I don't have them i can still drive just prefer not to. Got mine done when i was 30 years old

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
I am thinking about doing it. I'm 28 now. I fear my eyes may still be changing though, or maybe I just get a lot of eye strain from being on the computer too much.

The one thing that worried me is a friend of mine who's 25 had it done and loved it. I was showing her something on her iPad and she said, "what's that say? I can't see it."
Freaked me out, lol.

I think I may need an RX done again but maybe it's just me being tired all the time. I really dislike having glasses. They're such a pain in the ass.
I just worry about my eyes falling out of tune in the long run. I sincerely don't care if I need reading glasses, I just want far vision!
I don't know how your surgeon does things, it may be the same, but my vision is guaranteed for life. If my sight changes at all I can schedule an appointment and they'll recorrect it for free no matter what, when, or where I am. (In the U.S.)

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
I don't know how your surgeon does things, it may be the same, but my vision is guaranteed for life. If my sight changes at all I can schedule an appointment and they'll recorrect it for free no matter what, when, or where I am. (In the U.S.)
I have same lifetime work also
Sponsored