Sponsored

LASIK Eye Surgery

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone here ever have LASIK done to them? Found out I may be a good candidate for it, but I'm looking for some opinions from you guys.

Those of you who have done it, do you recommend the surgery? Any complications?
Sponsored

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
I had it done 10 years ago. They did it Friday night and drove to the check up Saturday morning. Piece of cake and never a problem.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Lady at work had it done... right around the same time I decided to get mine done.

She had complications... circles in her eyesight that they could not fix. From that she would get migraines every now and again... she was in her 50s and never had migraines before.

I decided to wait and after some research, I decided to definitely not get it done. You are almost sure to have no issues... but if you do, good luck. My eyesight is not that bad... I don't need to really screw myself up.

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I've thought about doing this as well, I can't see anything up close anymore. Used to have 20/10 vision....my doctor said I still have 20/20 but that my "auto focus" doesn't work anymore. He told me I wouldn't be a good candidate for it, but I'm not sure why

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I've thought about doing this as well, I can't see anything up close anymore. Used to have 20/10 vision....my doctor said I still have 20/20 but that my "auto focus" doesn't work anymore. He told me I wouldn't be a good candidate for it, but I'm not sure why
I know why... 1. You have great insurance or 2. You are loaded and can afford it without insurance.

Or the doc believes it will help with your quality of life.

You should ask to be sure.

Sponsored

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I know why... 1. You have great insurance or 2. You are loaded and can afford it without insurance.

Or the doc believes it will help with your quality of life.

You should ask to be sure.
LMAO, well trust me it isn't #2....he said something about it wasn't too helpful for people who can't see up close, it was mainly for people who can't see far away....so I just left it at that

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I had it in 1999. I had worn glasses/contacts my whole life up to that point. My good eye was 20/400 before and bad eye was a lot worse. After LASIK was 20/15 and 20/20. Still right around 20/20. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.:thumbsup:

1 thing to consider is if you're under 40 you will probably need reading glasses once you get past 40. I do and while they are not a big issue they are still an annoyance. There is a flavor of LASIK where they make 1 eye far sighted and the other near sighted and supposedly it makes up for this. I don't know anyone who's had that version.

If you really want to do it shop your doctor hard! You are looking for the doctor with the lowest amount of repeat procedures, or "adjustments" possible. The technology has improved a bunch since I had it, but the guy running the machine is still REALLY important.

OP
OP
Joe 5.0

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I may be a good candidate, but I'm not sure how I feel about permanently altering my eyes... especially when there is the possibility of complications.

But then again, if all goes well, perfect vision without the use of contacts/glasses would be amazing.

PrettySnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 BMW 530I
Had mine done 5yrs ago, 90% satisfied, lost points because i can't focus on things extremely close to me anymore, and i do find incoming vehicle lights blind me easier at night

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
Wore glasses for 20+ years and then had the LASIK done 5 years ago...unbelievable what a blessing! I'm over 50 now so need reading glasses but my distance vision is still 20/10 in one eye and 20/15 in the other. I did have to have two procedures in each eye, however.

Sponsored

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Also had it done in May 2015. I was seeing perfectly by the next morning, it's fantastic.

No more contacts getting things stuck under them, falling out, not being able to rub my eye if dirt gets in it, etc. I can watch tv in bed and just fall straight asleep, I could go on lol. Best thing I've ever done, and got a lifetime warranty so if touch ups are ever needed, I'm covered.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
You need reading glasses.

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
You need reading glasses.
Ya I have glasses, I used to use reading glasses but I got some prescription ones that are progressive or whatever its called and I usually wear those. It's a pain having to take them everywhere I go though in case there's something I have to read. If I could fix my eyes, I would prefer that.
Sponsored