Sponsored

Anyone PC game?

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Did the whole mop heroic/mythic thing personally.

Being the top DPS as a tank in raids was fun. Throne of Thunder was the most fun I've had in a game since Icecrown. Fully cleared all 3 tiers personally. I did the WoD mythics for about 2 months but they made monks not fun to play anymore tank wise so I quit.
BM monk was really strong in MoP and had really high dmg for a tank. My alt was a blood DK which I tanked norms with during off days. Mained a lock and destro + affliction snapshots were straight deadly.

I don't mythic raid. 4 levels of the same tier is way to much with raid finder, normal, heroic, and mythic. I don't have the time or the patience for mythic anymore. My hardcore raiding days were back in college 7+ years ago.
I see the argument that it can be repetitive but for me, I either play games on the hardcore level or simply don't play them at all. This is probably the reason why I hardly find games to enjoy these days and stopped playing WoW, at least maybe till Legion.
Sponsored

Adaraas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
16 Premium GT, 17 Laramie Cummins
BM monk was really strong in MoP and had really high dmg for a tank. My alt was a blood DK which I tanked norms with during off days. Mained a lock and destro + affliction snapshots were straight deadly.

I see the argument that it can be repetitive but for me, I either play games on the hardcore level or simply don't play them at all. This is probably the reason why I hardly find games to enjoy these days and stopped playing WoW, at least maybe till Legion.
I tried demo lock when the trinket snapshotting was still a thing. I was so terrible at it :headbonk: There is a reason I play a tank class in every game I play haha.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I can understand that...but most games harder modes just mean more health which I hugely hate...at least mythic mode in wow adds something or more to the encounter in their hardest mode.

I tried demo lock when the trinket snapshotting was still a thing. I was so terrible at it :headbonk: There is a reason I play a tank class in every game I play haha.
lock was my main in wod.... god awful class now... at least they are fixing it for legion. some what....

Adaraas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
16 Premium GT, 17 Laramie Cummins
I can understand that...but most games harder modes just mean more health which I hugely hate...at least mythic mode in wow adds something or more to the encounter in their hardest mode.

lock was my main in wod.... god awful class now... at least they are fixing it for legion. some what....
Demo looks super cool now being more summoner vs a demon hunter(like the class hunter with a demon pet, not a demon hunter like the new class:headbonk:). Might try to figure out how to play it for fun.

Sponsored

NowInSixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black,Sixth Gen, GT, Bad Arse
Rocket League is addictive. Who would've thought mixing fast cars and soccer was like video heroin. LOL But, it really is. If any of you like competitive games but want something different, I say check it out. It's out for PC, XBOX One, and PS4. I used to really like MMOs but they're so time consuming. Rocket League games only take a few minutes. I have been thinking about Elder Scrolls however. Have heard good things.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
eso sucks lol. one of my good friends works on it... it still sucks.

i mean it's ok. questing and story is good though but to me that's about it.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
My current one is a bit dated (save the video card):

- I5 3570K OC'd to 4.2 (massive push/pull air-cooler)
- 8GB 1600mhz RAM
- ASRock Z97 Extreme4
- MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G (OC'd a little through afterburner)
- OCZ ModStream 700W PSU
- 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo
- x2 1TB Western Digitial Caviar Blacks in RAID 0 (old Sata 3 drives)
- Old Coolermaster case

In progress build would keep the video card, HDDs/SSD, and power supply, this is the stuff I have ordered so far:

- Fractal Design R5 case (plus 3 additional FD 140mm case fans) - this has to be one of the most well-thought out cases made
- 16GB G Skill 2400MHZ 288 pin ram
- OCZ H60 closed loop CPU liquid cooler

Remaining items:

- I7 6700k
- MSI Z170A SLI Plus mobo
- Either another 250GB 850 Evo to put in RAID 0 (I realize this wouldn't be much faster than the single SSD, but I'm really just trying to double capacity), OR the Samsung SM951 PCI-E M.2 drive (256 GB). The M.2s are lightning fast but I'm not sure the real world benefits are noticeable over a standard Sata 6 SSD, this will basically come down to how much $ I want to spend.

When Nvidia releases their 1070 card I'll upgrade from the 970 GTX once it loses the launch-time price. I also need to update my monitors sometime this / next year.

I play a lot of Arma 3, Total War games, and sometimes GTA IV / other RTSs and shooters...no COD or new/terrible BF games. You guys with $2k computers playing ported console games must be in it for the benchmark racing.

Last edited:

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
lately Ive been playing Battlefleet Gothic Armada and Killing Floor 2. Played WoW for many years on release, quit before Hellfire Citadel came out. Not sure if ill play Legion

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
I always used to build up nice PCs until I was always mobile. Even through college my PCs barely ever got touched. Now I just pick up a laptop with decent specs that will allow me to play whatever. Right now its a Lenovo Y510P SLI. Its got a decent Haswell mobile i7 and a decent mobile SLI NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M setup. To make it really pick up I put a high speed SSD and Windows 10 on it. Full restart from desktop to fully loaded desktop is in less than 15 seconds now which is insane. At work we use pretty much all ThinkPads and MacBooks but the regular HDDs are a pita and irritate me when I am waiting minutes to boot the computer.

other than that... WoW since vanilla beta... fml...12 years...

was playing The Division for a bit and Rainbow six siege.

mainly racing and WoW though... waiting on legion so on a break now...and finding a guild that actually sticks together and isn't full of assholes is still hard. Although I just couldn't take the current content drought and had to step away until legion
I mostly play WoW as well. Kryptocoil on Maelstrom. We have a friendly raiding guild. Progression is weak but the guys are cool and friendly. Its slowed down quite a bit with the expansion around the corner.

I also have a Steam list of a couple hundred games of which I have played through maybe 10% haha.

Sponsored

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have had a lock main for years. The only bad spec imo is demo which is getting gutted since its pretty much a make shift ranged demon hunter. Everything else is quite amazing. Affliction and Destro are still really strong, and affliction has also always been a top pvp spec.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
PC hardware is so strong now, you can go years without an upgrade. Ive had my video card setup for over 3 years and still runs ultra. I remember upgrading every year back in the day.

stangbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Currently playing gears of war utlimate, dark souls 3, fallout 4, rocket league. I'm into RPG, FPS.. Well anything thats fun really. Ironically I dont have any racing games, I just dont like how most cars are DLC. The mustang in Project Cars sounds like ass

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PC hardware is so strong now, you can go years without an upgrade. Ive had my video card setup for over 3 years and still runs ultra. I remember upgrading every year back in the day.
I honestly think it has more to do with game development in general. For the longest time games were pushing hardware limits demanding better aliasing, fps, physics processing, polygon count, etc, but as the computers get better it takes much more man hours of development to make something that is drastically more intense and could use the tech to the max. I mean you can always turn up aliasing, shadows, fps, etc but to a point it makes no difference. For super realism you need the super realistic art assets, physics engines, etc which are expensive for companies to develop, and in reality, will not increase game sales drastically enough for it to be worth it.

OP
OP
daltron

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I honestly think it has more to do with game development in general. For the longest time games were pushing hardware limits demanding better aliasing, fps, physics processing, polygon count, etc, but as the computers get better it takes much more man hours of development to make something that is drastically more intense and could use the tech to the max. I mean you can always turn up aliasing, shadows, fps, etc but to a point it makes no difference. For super realism you need the super realistic art assets, physics engines, etc which are expensive for companies to develop, and in reality, will not increase game sales drastically enough for it to be worth it.
*If you game at 1080P.

For those of us that game above that, upgrades are essential. VRAM usage is HUGE above 1080P.
Sponsored