TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
I think I win this threadā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..

Wonder if you pay their asking price if they will fix the holes in the front bumper they drilled?

8C56FB1F-766D-4839-AF70-1924C05BEA8E.png
Seriously!?!? Who the F drills holes in the front bumper of any car thatā€™s not an econo-box.šŸ˜£
119571E7-333E-4D6C-AA99-359894E01A89.jpeg

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Seriously!?!? Who the F drills holes in the front bumper of any car thatā€™s not an econo-box.šŸ˜£
119571E7-333E-4D6C-AA99-359894E01A89.jpeg
I was just thinking about this earlier today actually. Only thing I can think of is the number of Karenā€™s that they would have to deal with that buy a new car, get a citation for no plate and come back to the dealer demanding the manager reimburse them for it probably far outweighs the number of people like us that would refuse to buy a car with holes drilled. Easier to just tell the dealership employee to drill ā€˜em all right off the truck and avoid having to spend any time worrying about it.

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
If you think the age and mileage of a car matters as much as where it was driven, how it was maintained, and whether or not it was kept in a garage, then I can see why you would say that. I went from a 2007 E60 M5 to a 2016 Mustang GT and was always disappointed with the driving dynamics and lack of refinement in the S550 platform. While my 2019 Mustang GT wasn't plagued by the weird suspension issues that my 2016 was, it still never felt as planted as the 2007 M5. I understand that the S550 is built to a price point, and I'm fine with that. I just decided that instead of trying to make an S550 drive like a BMW, I would sell my Mustang and pay cash for a car that already had the driving dynamics I wanted.

With that said, I'm not here to bash the Mach 1. I'm sure it's a great car. Why would so many Mustang fanboys say it was great if it wasn't? I just think the GT350 was different enough from the standard Mustang GT to warrant a $60k price tag and the Mach 1 isn't.

But I digress. I'm 52 years old and I plan to retire in 15 years. My daughter gets married in a couple months, and my son is in medical school. My house will be paid off, and I'll be ready to take care of grandchildren.

It's amazing how much car maintenance you can afford when you don't have a $600 car payment and are willing to do the repairs yourself. So, for now, I will continue to wrench on my 8 year old "beater" and live my best life.
Dude, you should just stop now lol. Donā€™t dig a bigger hole. I DD a Lexus GS350F (muh reliability) and an off-road Tundraā€¦.the Lexus, like the M5, and the Tundra, completely different platforms than the S550. Iā€™m in the 2020 PP1 GT S550 for a track car only.
Your arguments just donā€™t make sense. You canā€™t compare a 2013 BMW to a 2020 Anything.

PS - I can retire right now at 40yrs old and still send my grade schoolers through college.
Eat a piece of humble pie my friend. Youā€™re giving BMW folks a bad rep. And I like BMWā€™s šŸ˜‰

Last edited:

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
I was just thinking about this earlier today actually. Only thing I can think of is the number of Karenā€™s that they would have to deal with that buy a new car, get a citation for no plate and come back to the dealer demanding the manager reimburse them for it probably far outweighs the number of people like us that would refuse to buy a car with holes drilled. Easier to just tell the dealership employee to drill ā€˜em all right off the truck and avoid having to spend any time worrying about it.
I honestly think itā€™s just non-car people selling cars! LOL! Some people seriously would never think twice about it.
When I was test driving new S550ā€™s, my local dealer had 3. Two of which were Magneride and non-Magneride. I was completely new to the platform so was asking the salesman all types of questions. He straight up said he couldnā€™t tell one difference between the Magneride and non. After testing the non, then moving to Magneride - I laughed out loud at him in the car when switching to track.
Some people, even that might sell cars, just arenā€™t car people! LOL!
Holes in a bumper - meh, who cares!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
For the record, Iā€™m debating a Mach1 for the coolers. I think theyā€™re cool cars. I went GT not knowing Iā€™d overheat on track. So now Iā€™m on the fence of dropping $5.5K on oil/trans/diff coolers to stay on track for more than a 20min session.
At $45K PP1/premium/A10 price with $5.5K in coolers, Iā€™m $51K into a track car. When I was shopping 6 months ago Mach1ā€™s weā€™re a $10K markup, at $69K totalā€¦.so it didnā€™t make sense back then. With Mach1 prices dropping, I donā€™t know what to do now!
But then I heard the Mach1 A10ā€™s didnā€™t have coolers, can anyone confirm? Only the Tremecā€™s do?
If thatā€™s the case, Iā€™ll just upgrade my GT I guess, since Iā€™d be paying $$ to upgrade the Mach1 A10 cooler.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Dude, you should just stop now lol. Donā€™t dig a bigger hole. I DD a Lexus GS350F (muh reliability) and an off-road Tundraā€¦.the Lexus, like the M5, and the Tundra, completely different platforms than the S550. Iā€™m in the 2020 PP1 GT S550 for a track car only.
Your arguments just donā€™t make sense. You canā€™t compare a 2013 BMW to a 2020 Anything.

PS - I can retire right now at 40yrs old and still send my grade schoolers through college.
Eat a piece of humble pie my friend. Youā€™re giving BMW folks a bad rep. And I like BMWā€™s šŸ˜‰
Thanks for the laugh! Cheers!

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the laugh! Cheers!
For sure! And most would make fun of me right now, changing out a front strut braceā€¦..cheersing aā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.whiteclaw! šŸ¤£

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the record, Iā€™m debating a Mach1 for the coolers. I think theyā€™re cool cars. I went GT not knowing Iā€™d overheat on track. So now Iā€™m on the fence of dropping $5.5K on oil/trans/diff coolers to stay on track for more than a 20min session.
At $45K PP1/premium/A10 price with $5.5K in coolers, Iā€™m $51K into a track car. When I was shopping 6 months ago Mach1ā€™s weā€™re a $10K markup, at $69K totalā€¦.so it didnā€™t make sense back then. With Mach1 prices dropping, I donā€™t know what to do now!
But then I heard the Mach1 A10ā€™s didnā€™t have coolers, can anyone confirm? Only the Tremecā€™s do?
If thatā€™s the case, Iā€™ll just upgrade my GT I guess, since Iā€™d be paying $$ to upgrade the Mach1 A10 cooler.
A10 has coolers. Where in the PNW are you?

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
A10 has coolers. Where in the PNW are you?
It does!? I read somewhere that it doesnā€™t, interesting! Iā€™m in SW WA. Are you PNW? We do PIR and ORP.
Need to check out Ridge, heard thatā€™s a good one.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does!? I read somewhere that it doesnā€™t, interesting! Iā€™m in SW WA. Are you PNW? We do PIR and ORP.
Need to check out Ridge, heard thatā€™s a good one.
All Mach 1ā€™s with the handling package have the coolers. Maybe someone else can chime in but Iā€™m pretty confident the whole lineup has the extra cooling.
Iā€™m up north in everett!
Sponsored