Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Hello All,

I had my first track day with these tires this past week at Summit Point Main. I was very pleased with them and if they continue to stay this price, I will continue buying more (unless I start TT). I am not experienced enough to compare tires but they are well worth the cost. They get up to temps very quickly as it took me about 2.5 laps. They love very low temps (23 cold/30-31 hot). I needed a dual duty tire that wouldn't break the bank and it seems to be worth it. I hope Simple Tire can keep them at this price. The chart on GRM is accurate with these tires.

Anyways, there is a code now to get them less than $1200 shipped. Would like to know what others think of it as a track day tire. The only other Mustang I know is a GT350 that does autox.

Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 11.04.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 11.06.43 AM.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I guess this will replace my Hankook RS4. I bought the entire national stock in 275/35/18. Granted it wasn't hard to do...

Last edited:

nbjeeptj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have the V730's in 305/30/19, only have one 20 min session on them before my car was messed up, but my first impression is that they will fall somewhere between a Faulken RT660 and a Federal 595 RS/RR for single lap time. I also was giving them a try due to the price point. I am running NASA TT events, so I need to be fast but im not trying to race my wallet out there.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
right, the reviews say absolute grip/speed is only "good" gut you get laps out of them unlike some others that only give you 1-2 heroic laps but then they go way off.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I guess this will replace my Hankook RS4
I was looking at that tire but was a bit pricey.
I have the V730's in 305/30/19, only have one 20 min session on them before my car was messed up, but my first impression is that they will fall somewhere between a Faulken RT660 and a Federal 595 RS/RR for single lap time. I also was giving them a try due to the price point. I am running NASA TT events, so I need to be fast but im not trying to race my wallet out there.
I know you dont have much time on them but from the 20 min, did you find them to be worth it? or do you think next go round you would spend the extra cash on a different tire?

Sponsored

nbjeeptj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
For a lapping tire, for sure I would go with these again since they are so inexpensive. Cant comment yet on TT. I am doing a TT event this weekend so I will have some additional data. The bad part for this data is, I have never been to this track so I cant compare my times from the past. but I will report back to the way the tire feels VS other tires I have run.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
For a lapping tire, for sure I would go with these again since they are so inexpensive. Cant comment yet on TT. I am doing a TT event this weekend so I will have some additional data. The bad part for this data is, I have never been to this track so I cant compare my times from the past. but I will report back to the way the tire feels VS other tires I have run.
Makes sense. Looking forward to what you have to say. Good luck this weekend

nbjeeptj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I did the TT event Saturday at AMP. My take on this tire is about what I was expecting. It got up to temp pretty quickly. For frame of reference it was 40ish deg during our 1st session, and this tire was ready for me to lean on it during the first hot lap (they run one pace lap before green flag), where a Faulken or even the Federals need at least another half a lap before you can start pounding on them. It would fade some during a 20 min session but it did not fall completely off. for it holding up the entire 20min session, It reminds me a lot of the federal 595 RS/RR. This is not going to be the tire to produce the one amazing lap in a TT event but unless they just don't wear good, I would use this as a lapping tire. Or in my case since I'm not trying to break any records out there a TT event.

The Federal and Faulken are my only two real comparisons. I have run R888's and Pilot sports before, but at that point I was so new at this, it would be hard to compare them, and they are not in the same 200TW anyway.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I did the TT event Saturday at AMP. My take on this tire is about what I was expecting. It got up to temp pretty quickly. For frame of reference it was 40ish deg during our 1st session, and this tire was ready for me to lean on it during the first hot lap (they run one pace lap before green flag), where a Faulken or even the Federals need at least another half a lap before you can start pounding on them. It would fade some during a 20 min session but it did not fall completely off. for it holding up the entire 20min session, It reminds me a lot of the federal 595 RS/RR. This is not going to be the tire to produce the one amazing lap in a TT event but unless they just don't wear good, I would use this as a lapping tire. Or in my case since I'm not trying to break any records out there a TT event.

The Federal and Faulken are my only two real comparisons. I have run R888's and Pilot sports before, but at that point I was so new at this, it would be hard to compare them, and they are not in the same 200TW anyway.
Nice. I agree on them getting up to temps pretty quickly and would not use them to set records.

What cold pressures did you use and what camber?

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

How was the grip compared to a Falken?

Sponsored

nbjeeptj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
25 PSI cold with a target of 31 PSI hot, but as the day was going on I felt like it needed to be around 30 to be happiest. Camber is set on front -2.9deg and 1.9deg rear.

nbjeeptj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
How was the grip compared to a Falken?
It was not as good for that one single lap. My experience with Faulkens is they will run one fast lap on about lap 3 or 4 but then fall off. The Kumo's seamed like they were more consistent thru the 20min session, but never as good as that one lap for Faulken.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
25 PSI cold with a target of 31 PSI hot, but as the day was going on I felt like it needed to be around 30 to be happiest. Camber is set on front -2.9deg and 1.9deg rear.
interesting . I went out my first session at 25 but afterwards, I went out at 23 and achieved better results/performance. Im at -3*/-2* but thinking about taking some out to be at 2.8 up front. I read they dont like too much camber as they have stiff sidewalls. Hopefully that will help with stability when braking from 138 to 50.

Alerch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I have one auto cross event on these tires, so far they are great for the price! First lap was trash but once they got some heat in them and air'd down to 28 or so they worked great! I'll be buying them again if they stay this price for the 305's

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I have one auto cross event on these tires, so far they are great for the price! First lap was trash but once they got some heat in them and air'd down to 28 or so they worked great! I'll be buying them again if they stay this price for the 305's
28 hot is also where I run mine.
Sponsored