OP
OP
daniel_94kg

daniel_94kg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
Not running it anymore. And that's the thing....no codes...
Sponsored

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 triple black GT convertible
I know this may be a long shot, but have you check to see that all of your clamps are tight on your pressure side of the S/C? That second video almost sounds like a boot may be fluttering. Just a thought and it is a cheap thing to check.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I've heard that sound before, I think it's a rod bearing. I'd start with a compression check, that'll be the quickest way to eliminate a bottom end failure or definitively know that you have a bottom end failure.

How long have you been at 675whp? Did you trade many datalogs with Lund to monitor your tune? What fuel were you tuned on? Running a BAP?

Sponsored

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sounds like rod knock

OP
OP
daniel_94kg

daniel_94kg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
If you pull crankcase breather are you getting exhaust pulses?
Not sure, going to let the shop handle it.

I've heard that sound before, I think it's a rod bearing. I'd start with a compression check, that'll be the quickest way to eliminate a bottom end failure or definitively know that you have a bottom end failure.

How long have you been at 675whp? Did you trade many datalogs with Lund to monitor your tune? What fuel were you tuned on? Running a BAP?
I've only been running this setup for 3 weeks. Took it to the track once right after I finished it. Seldom in boost, aside from that. Car is tuned for 93, running BAP.

Hopefully I'll know today what it is

OP
OP
daniel_94kg

daniel_94kg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
it's a rod bearing. it'll be a few weeks before I can get it in somewhere around here. now to decide if I'm going to have them just fix it, or upgrade to forged internals since they're going to have to open it up anyway. my wallet says just have it fixed, but I don't know

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Depends on how bad the scoring is.. Most off the time it can be fixed without going crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
it's a rod bearing. it'll be a few weeks before I can get it in somewhere around here. now to decide if I'm going to have them just fix it, or upgrade to forged internals since they're going to have to open it up anyway. my wallet says just have it fixed, but I don't know
Very sorry to hear, would be interesting to know the cause of the failure. Hope you go with forged upgraded parts, build her back stronger. Good luck, keep us posted.

Sponsored

Crowderb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
Was you in boost when it started knocking? Know I'm paranoid

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Always a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when I read these threads, as I'm sure for the rest of the readers hoping this doesn't happen to them. Lund provides solid and safe calibrations, however risks increases with forced induction and I guess it's the price we pay for doubling the HP. I'm sorry to hear of your problem and appreciate you sharing here.

OP
OP
daniel_94kg

daniel_94kg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
Was you in boost when it started knocking? Know I'm paranoid
I did a second gear pull on the on ramp of the highway, rpm were at about 7k. first time I've had the engine up that high in well over a week. All the sudden i heard a faint knock later in the day and it just got louder from there.

Crowderb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
What oil are you running?

OP
OP
daniel_94kg

daniel_94kg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
Always a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when I read these threads, as I'm sure for the rest of the readers hoping this doesn't happen to them. Lund provides solid and safe calibrations, however risks increases with forced induction and I guess it's the price we pay for doubling the HP. I'm sorry to hear of your problem and appreciate you sharing here.
I knew deep down this thing was a rod knock, I sank on the inside. I was just holding onto the hope that maybe it could have been top end related or something else. I have the absolute worst luck with any vehicle I've ever owned, even the ones I don't mess with lol. It'll be alright though, I'll get this thing fixed right and be back at it. I've got a deployment coming up in the near future, so I won't be using it for a little while. I might just let it sit and have it fixed along with some other mods while I'm gone. I'll keep you guys updated on what I decide to do.
Sponsored