KAM Reset = Magic

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Where is the KAM reset located on the nGauge?
SCT it's under special / advanced features. I'd venture its something similar on nguage. I do recall earlier firmware versions on the nguage didn't have it but was added later.

Kevin Ray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350
Vehicle Showcase
I recently got on my car and the check engine light flashed a few seconds and went away. I went to a buddy's mechanic shop and he pluged a scanner in and it gave a P0300 code which was a cylinder misfire. He then cleared it and now the check engine light is constantly on. I just tried a KAM reset and it didn't work. Car runs fine just the engine light is staying on. Does anyone know how to turn it off?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Are you saying the removal of the negative cable didn't work or are you saying using a tuner didn't work?
idk why but just wouldn’t work

The auto fix worked. Random you can buy Autophix 7150 for half the price of amazon, just takes awhile shipping. Used to be half off anyway from aliexpress

Both was identical

The Autophix actually gave me codes the other stuff didn’t display, I had a misfire issue that auto fix fixed on top of kam reset, worked like a charm

Last edited:

Momogt26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
the kam reset is ok but get a forscan the resets work a lot better it's not expensive

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
This. Computers are incredibly dumb, they have to be told what to do. An ecm is no different. Bad data on how to respond to an input leads to a bad ouput/response. A conversation with your tuner about drivability tweaks would serve you better.
Exactly...

Sounds like tune issues.

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Any negatives to doing a KAM reset? I've had my Steeda intake and tune for a few weeks now, and I've maybes driven the car for a total of 2hrs since having the parts fitted. Had it on the dyno recently and AFR was apparently all OK. Do we think it has relearned, or should I for good measure, do a KAM reset just to be safe? I have the SCT X4 handset.

Thanks. :)

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Any negatives to doing a KAM reset? I've had my Steeda intake and tune for a few weeks now, and I've maybes driven the car for a total of 2hrs since having the parts fitted. Had it on the dyno recently and AFR was apparently all OK. Do we think it has relearned, or should I for good measure, do a KAM reset just to be safe? I have the SCT X4 handset.

Thanks. :)
It will just relearn the learned variables. Takes 30 seconds on the handheld vs 30 min disconnecting the battery.

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
I recently got on my car and the check engine light flashed a few seconds and went away. I went to a buddy's mechanic shop and he pluged a scanner in and it gave a P0300 code which was a cylinder misfire. He then cleared it and now the check engine light is constantly on. I just tried a KAM reset and it didn't work. Car runs fine just the engine light is staying on. Does anyone know how to turn it off?
Did you figure it out?

nate20gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I am running a flex tune and after every fill I have to do a KAM reset. The car learns the fuel before it empties the lines.
Does it reset the learned fuel? Do you do it after it learns from the after a fill up? So, go through the learning process twice per fillup?
Sponsored