Sponsored

KAM Reset = Magic

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Your car will relearn all it’s bad habits over time btw.
This. Computers are incredibly dumb, they have to be told what to do. An ecm is no different. Bad data on how to respond to an input leads to a bad ouput/response. A conversation with your tuner about drivability tweaks would serve you better.
Sponsored

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
This. Computers are incredibly dumb, they have to be told what to do. An ecm is no different. Bad data on how to respond to an input leads to a bad ouput/response. A conversation with your tuner about drivability tweaks would serve you better.
Car was tuned over 2 years ago. The KAM reset takes 20 seconds and it is not a daily driver. But, yes that is really the only permanent (if possible) way to correct all the crap is by more tune tweaking. 99% of my issues are coming to a stop (rev match surge downshifts). If I pull back into S it never bucks like D. Once driving car runs great.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
First start after KAM reset the car will idle high longer than normal. ;)

Your car will relearn all it’s bad habits over time btw.
Ok, so if I pull the negative terminal only, replace it after waiting 30 minutes, I should be good and when I start it, it will stay at the high idle longer than normal signaling that the KAM reset occurred. Then... magic will happen! Right?

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Ok, so if I pull the negative terminal only, replace it after waiting 30 minutes, I should be good and when I start it, it will stay at the high idle longer than normal signaling that the KAM reset occurred. Then... magic will happen! Right?
Fuk yeah Man, all the cool kids are doing it. ;).

FrankieFigs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frankie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Kona Blue
I think if you connect the + & - cables together after removing both from your battery, it doesn’t matter how long you have to wait.
This is on point. For those that don't have a tuner of some sort, disconnecting BOTH battery terminals and touching them together for a couple of seconds will do the same trick as a KAM reset.

Sponsored

RacinJason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang base GT w/PP
KAM reset is useful when you have your tune loaded and dialed in. It takes the computer a long time to relearn all the load/rpm values for fuel trim and timings. There is a benefit to doing this, but the extended learning process is sort of a con. It's not something I do unless I have a tune change. Another thing to look at is Crank Relearn. This is also something useful when you have your tune dialed in. It wants you to run it when the car is returned to stock, but it makes a better difference if you stay tuned. This doesn't just affect misfire detection. Just something else for you guys to try if interested.

OP
OP
RoyalCrimsonGT

RoyalCrimsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bong
Vehicle(s)
2018 MGT P, 10R80, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Well since I’ve installed a QA1 rev series carbon fiber driveshaft I’ve been getting intermittent misfire codes so today I decided to do a crank relearn for the first time. I must say, car pulls harder than ever rendering my nt555g2’s uselessly spinning to 4th gear omg I need new tires now ☹

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Well since I’ve installed a QA1 rev series carbon fiber driveshaft I’ve been getting intermittent misfire codes so today I decided to do a crank relearn for the first time. I must say, car pulls harder than ever rendering my nt555g2’s uselessly spinning to 4th gear omg I need new tires now ☹
Yea those are fine in the front but rears unless bone stock power just not enough. Check out their 555rii. Can hook power but still good for a dd since it can handle rain.

OP
OP
RoyalCrimsonGT

RoyalCrimsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bong
Vehicle(s)
2018 MGT P, 10R80, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Yea those are fine in the front but rears unless bone stock power just not enough. Check out their 555rii. Can hook power but still good for a dd since it can handle rain.
I was looking into Michelin sport cup 2 which are lighter at 30 lbs ea. You think the 555r2 will hook up better since it’s actually a drag radial?

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Can you do a Kam reset and crank relearn using Forscan ?

Cheers,

WD :like:

Kevin Ray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350
Vehicle Showcase
Will the KAM reset make my engine light turn off?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Will the KAM reset make my engine light turn off?
It will clear it temporarily but if there is an actual issue causing it it will eventually come back.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My car has been in storage for the past 6 months with the battery removed. Will this initiate the Kam-reset?

Bamastangbham

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffery
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
So i've been e85 tuned since april 2019 and have always heard or read about this KAM reset thing but never really cared to try it and when i did try once, i couldn't find the option on my nguage. so after further reading, i learned i needed to update my firmware to version 326, doh!!.

well all said and done the kam reset fixed a number of issues my 2018 had, for one i could never get my ported stock tb working flawlessly without that initial hickup when first getting on it and my a10 shift points were either lagging of shifting too early on part throttle, my idle would sometimes stumble and stall the engine and other gremlins, etc.

now after finally doing a kam reset, it feels like a new car, 10r80 shifts are on point at any throttle position, my short term fuel trim is no longer all over the place and the car actually runs faster lol, anyways just wanted to share :) whenever you add a new mod, do a kam reset :)
You might want to consider running a tank of 93 every so often i run both switch every month or so back to 93 for tank or so. Freind of mine has been running e all the time and has ran into some issues with car back firing and injectors stopping up once he bought injectors and still having trouble researching it he come across post that its best to run a tank 93 from time to time i had e tune same tuner way before him and i have not had trouble at all but i do switch back every couple tanks just giving you heads up
Sponsored