Sponsored

Just leaving this here

p51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT w/ PP
....at the end of the day, its still a KIA, no offense to the Kia lovers out, its still a P.O.S.

They aren't know for their top grade, well built materials....more like yeah, it will start and maybe get you there. Not quite sure I want to rely on them for "performance" lol
Considering all the transmission and engine trouble people are having on the new mustang, not to mention the 15-17(and possibly 18) failing air conditioners, I'd go with the stinger. At least that way I'm getting kia quality from a kia instead of kia quality from ford.
Sponsored

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
And yet here you are on a mustang forum...

Considering all the transmission and engine trouble people are having on the new mustang, not to mention the 15-17(and possibly 18) failing air conditioners, I'd go with the stinger. At least that way I'm getting kia quality from a kia instead of kia quality from ford.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Sure seems like it.

Looking at the car, I don't get why people want it. Just styling alone turns me off too much. I don't even have to look at the Kias in the parking lot outside my work to remind myself of how crappy they are. My personal theory is that people want to get a bargain, so they will buy something cheap and try to convince themselves that it's good.

Sponsored

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
For the $50k price tag of the stinger you can buy a new Audi S4, BMW 340i or a Mercedes AMG CLA45. Why on earth would someone choose a Kia over those?

p51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT w/ PP
For the $50k price tag of the stinger you can buy a new Audi S4, BMW 340i or a Mercedes AMG CLA45. Why on earth would someone choose a Kia over those?
Stinger starts at $32k for the i4 and 38k for the v6. For that you may get a little less power than a mustang, but you get more features and from my test drive, better interior quality. At least comparing to my friend's recently sold BMW 341, the interior was on par or better. 2008 is when kia finally managed to match other manufacturers in quality. At this point its just stigma hanging over their head. hence the creation of the genesis brand from Hyundai. They need a performance brand for the stinger to slot in.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
... My personal theory is that people want to get a bargain, so they will buy something cheap and try to convince themselves that it's good.
Kind of like buying the cheapest American made V8 sports car (Mustang) and convincing themselves it’s good?

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
The Stinger in the majority of the tests is the AWD GT2 that starts at $45k

Stinger starts at $32k for the i4 and 38k for the v6. For that you may get a little less power than a mustang, but you get more features and from my test drive, better interior quality. At least comparing to my friend's recently sold BMW 341, the interior was on par or better. 2008 is when kia finally managed to match other manufacturers in quality. At this point its just stigma hanging over their head. hence the creation of the genesis brand from Hyundai. They need a performance brand for the stinger to slot in.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
You having buyers remorse owning an S550 or are you just trolling?

Kind of like buying the cheapest American made V8 sports car (Mustang) and convincing themselves it’s good?

Sponsored

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
You having buyers remorse owning an S550 or are you just trolling?
No buyers remorse here, but kind of trolling too I suppose. Whenever I see someone mention another manufacture as being cheap I laugh because that’s the reason I went with the Mustang (because it’s the cheapest V8 you can buy) as well as the unlimited amount of aftermarket parts made for it.

Rodan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Badge snobbery from Mustang drivers is pretty ironic... :lol::cheers:

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
Badge snobbery from Mustang drivers is pretty ironic... :lol::cheers:
Having came from the import world, I'm not driving any import awd platform that isn't an Evo 9, STI, or GTR. Every thing else is made from glass and even these are pretty much walking a thin line. It's laughable, LAUGHABLE, to imply that the stinger is somehow more resilient in its failure modes than domestic platforms of equivalent or better performance.

kidamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt 10 sp auto
All the trouble so like 7 people, jump to many conclusions much?
Sponsored