Sponsored

Just leaving this here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
KIA has been going hard on paying Youtubers to advertise the car.
Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Every instrumented test I can find has the GT faster than the Stinger by a substantial margin - both 0-60 and 1/4 mile. Even the MT Mustang tested faster than the Stinger.

In C&D's tests the AWD Stinger was actually slower than the RWD model. So the notion that AWD is a magic elixir that is going to overcome a nearly 30% power to weight deficit is just nonsense. At least on normal, dry pavement with competent drivers.

The only question is whether they produced these results through ineptitude or as deliberate click-bait.

acceleration-stinger-gt-photo-700423-s-original.png

acceleration-2018-mustang-1526398990.png

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...th-review-performance-and-driving-impressions
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...ving-impressions-review-car-and-driver-page-4

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Just like magazines, YouTube reviewers have their “backers”.

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
....at the end of the day, its still a KIA, no offense to the Kia lovers out, its still a P.O.S.

They aren't know for their top grade, well built materials....more like yeah, it will start and maybe get you there. Not quite sure I want to rely on them for "performance" lol

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
LOL if that guy is a pro driver. Im a brain surgeon.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Every instrumented test I can find has the GT faster than the Stinger by a substantial margin - both 0-60 and 1/4 mile. Even the MT Mustang tested faster than the Stinger.

In C&D's tests the AWD Stinger was actually slower than the RWD model. So the notion that AWD is a magic elixir that is going to overcome a nearly 30% power to weight deficit is just nonsense. At least on normal, dry pavement with competent drivers.

The only question is whether they produced these results through ineptitude or as deliberate click-bait.

acceleration-stinger-gt-photo-700423-s-original.png

acceleration-2018-mustang-1526398990.png

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...th-review-performance-and-driving-impressions
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...ving-impressions-review-car-and-driver-page-4
Well you did notice in the ricer youtube video. No timeslips were posted for each car. It was just two amatuer dudes. I'd bet a weeks pay. I could beat them both in a stock 15GT.:D

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
The Charger SRT8 is a perfect car for all the dudes that have kiddies to haul around in the back seat. Beats a minivan or an SUV. Get to have a little practicality with a taste of performance.

FIFY

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Well you did notice in the ricer youtube video. No timeslips were posted for each car. It was just two amatuer dudes. I'd bet a weeks pay. I could beat them both in a stock 15GT.:D
You sure you wanna gamble $10k? :lol:

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
....at the end of the day, its still a KIA, no offense to the Kia lovers out, its still a P.O.S.

They aren't know for their top grade, well built materials....more like yeah, it will start and maybe get you there. Not quite sure I want to rely on them for "performance" lol
Let's discuss this

You're claiming KIA, a brand now lead by the top engineers and designers from Audi and BMW's M division (Peter Schreyer and Albert Biermann) and the suspension genius of Lotus engineers, is sh*t. They're putting out a twin-turbo RWD liftback sedan.

You laud over a brand that is literally getting rid of ALL of its cars except one to focus on crossovers. Big, top-heavy, FWD based, three-row, devoid-of-enthusiasm crossovers.

Is my stinger perfect? Hells no. Is a stock GT faster than a stock stinger? Yup. Are these YouTube videos cherry-picked? Probably. But damn does it put a smile on my face. And that's what matters to me.

Sponsored

Rodan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Kia and Hyundai (essentially the same company, BTW) started out on the bottom of the pile, just like the Japanese did in the 60s and 70s. Those early cars weren't great, just like the early Hondas and Datsuns. But to say it's a POS, just because it's a Kia is pretty ignorant.

Back in 2010, we were looking for a cheap commuter for my wife and ended up with a Kia Soul (she loves the Hamsters... LOL). It was a great little car, but what really impressed me was the fit/finish and the quality of the interior materials was better than the Honda Accord my mom bought the same year... And it's hard to argue with a 10yr/100k mile warranty...

They may not make the car the most folks on this forum are looking for, but their product is a solid value. And the Stinger shows that they are working hard on the driving dynamics as well as the quality of the product.

Car forums are interesting in that most forum posters are quick to call the other guy's car a POS. I've owned cars/trucks all over the spectrum, and most are pretty good these days.

Except the 'Vette... it was a total POS. :p

Just be happy you have the choices you have... ;)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Kia and Hyundai (essentially the same company, BTW) started out on the bottom of the pile, just like the Japanese did in the 60s and 70s. Those early cars weren't great, just like the early Hondas and Datsuns. But to say it's a POS, just because it's a Kia is pretty ignorant.

Back in 2010, we were looking for a cheap commuter for my wife and ended up with a Kia Soul (she loves the Hamsters... LOL). It was a great little car, but what really impressed me was the fit/finish and the quality of the interior materials was better than the Honda Accord my mom bought the same year... And it's hard to argue with a 10yr/100k mile warranty...

They may not make the car the most folks on this forum are looking for, but their product is a solid value. And the Stinger shows that they are working hard on the driving dynamics as well as the quality of the product.

Car forums are interesting in that most forum posters are quick to call the other guy's car a POS. I've owned cars/trucks all over the spectrum, and most are pretty good these days.

Except the 'Vette... it was a total POS. :p

Just be happy you have the choices you have... ;)
Reread your own post. Then think about the point you were trying to make. Then think about how that Corvette part fits in.

Last edited:

Rodan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Well I did actually own the Corvette, so I'm pretty comfortable calling it a POS. I have the receipts to prove it. ;)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
LOL. Ok I guess ever single one of them are exactly the same as the one you still have the receipts for.:shrug:

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
There are plenty of better cars out there for the same price as the stinger.
Sponsored