Sponsored

Just got off the phone with COBB...

SLVRBACK

Tuna on white, no crust
Threads
Reaction score
They are going to be providing aftermarket support for the Ecoboost!

The gentleman I spoke to was a true enthusiast as I think they all are and are expecting 2 ecoboosts shortly(1 manual, 1 auto)

I dont want to talk too much but expect them to get active on the forums soon! I'm hoping their activity with the aftermarket will inspire other companies.

Just thought id share! :D:headbang:
Sponsored

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
the 2 EB's they will get...they are not pre-production models, I assume?

OP
OP
SLVRBACK

SLVRBACK

Tuna on white, no crust
Threads
Reaction score
the 2 EB's they will get...they are not pre-production models, I assume?
Nope. Full on production ecoboosts like you and I would get.

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Encouraging news! Being a turbo fan at heart, I'm looking for a reason to go with the EB over the GT.

(save some money AND get that spooling sound, win/win)

Sponsored

petraman

Now with more MPGs!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf
This was the news I've been waiting for (and apparently I missed it)! Their FoST tune and AP has been worth every penny, and I'm really glad the EB will have the same support.

OP
OP
SLVRBACK

SLVRBACK

Tuna on white, no crust
Threads
Reaction score
Also have gotten confirmations thats CP-e, Breedt and JLT will also be providing aftermarket support.

I will update as I get more info. Major choo choo on the way for the ecoboost.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Also have gotten confirmations thats CP-e, Breedt and JLT will also be providing aftermarket support.

I will update as I get more info. Major choo choo on the way for the ecoboost.
Theoretically what kinds of gains are we looking at? GT territory or slightly less? How much will it cost, ballpark figure? Will it void our warranty?

Ryudo83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard EB PP 6-speed
Theoretically what kinds of gains are we looking at? GT territory or slightly less? How much will it cost, ballpark figure? Will it void our warranty?

Its tough to say what gains we may get. I figure it will be similar if not a bit more than the gains for the Focus ST. You can view the gains on COBB's website. I would guess somwhere abround 350hp/390TQ Crank, with maybe a CAI, DP, EXhaust, tune and maybe a bigger intecooler. Thats my guess. AP's have historically been around $650. Will it viod your warranty? Probably; would depend on how cool ford is lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
SLVRBACK

SLVRBACK

Tuna on white, no crust
Threads
Reaction score
I could not even guess. It honestly depends on the size of the turbo we have. Looking at the Focus ST, 3k worth of mods for full bolt ons you are looking at 250whp and 370wtrq.

Hypotheically if these gains hold true for the Ecoboost in terms of % increase over stock, we would be looking at about 300-320rwhp and 330-3350rwtq after 3k worth of mods.

Not too bad. We shall see.

stilesg57

Threads
Reaction score
Awesome :clap2: they are a great company. It was my EM of choice for my 600whp WRX
Same here -- they were awesome with my WRX a dozen odd years ago. I remember driving from Denver down to Dallas as a high school senior back when they were in TX because they had one of the few AWD dynos in the country in 2002 :)

Few tuners know turbo street cars better than Cobb, and they've done some great stuff with the EcoBoost in the Focus ST already. I'm looking forward to what they can do with the 2.3L.

I'm one of those people who can afford the GT but because I don't drive that often, spend my time between 5,000 and 8,000 feet above sea level, and have a feeling this 2.3L EcoBoost is gonna be a tuner's dream, I'm hesitant to spend ~$7.5k upfront along with higher taxes, registration, insurance, and gas bills just to get the 5.0. This turbo mill with the performance package is looking more and more like the better value. And I hate saying that -- my first car was a V8 Mustang -- but I keep coming back to it...

Don's Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500. 2018 C63S
I have a Cobb Access Port V3, and while I like it's small size, it's gauge modes, and it's customization. Other than that I am not impressed with the company as a whole.

I have been having issues with there Access Port tuner since March on my Focus ST. I have called them a few, and they have never been able, or willing to help me out. After a 5 minute call to Randy at Mountune, my issues I have been fighting for 6 months, are gone.

They tell me must be something wrong with my car, or can't be there tuner, or tune. Tell me to put it back to stock, and see what happens, or maybe it is my Mountune intake, Mountune FMIC or Magnaflow cat back that's causing my issues.

So if you like there Access Port, I say go for it, but make sure it has the latest Firmware, and don't download any of Cob tunes into your car. Use a tune from someone else who will give you better customer service

Go look at there vender page on focusST dot org lots of issues with there tuning, if they reply at all, it takes them forever

COBB Tuning

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AT EcoBoost, MT PP EcoBoost
I have a Cobb Access Port V3, and while I like it's small size, it's gauge modes, and it's customization. Other than that I am not impressed with the company as a whole.

I have been having issues with there Access Port tuner since March on my Focus ST. I have called them a few, and they have never been able, or willing to help me out. After a 5 minute call to Randy at Mountune, my issues I have been fighting for 6 months, are gone.

They tell me must be something wrong with my car, or can't be there tuner, or tune. Tell me to put it back to stock, and see what happens, or maybe it is my Mountune intake, Mountune FMIC or Magnaflow cat back that's causing my issues.

So if you like there Access Port, I say go for it, but make sure it has the latest Firmware, and don't download any of Cob tunes into your car. Use a tune from someone else who will give you better customer service

Go look at there vender page on focusST dot org lots of issues with there tuning, if they reply at all, it takes them forever
What issues were you having? Do you remember who you spoke with? This is certainly not our MO when it comes to customer service so it's definitely a concern of ours that you feel this way.

Our Off-The-Shelf maps are results of hundreds of R&D time on our in-house dyno and daily-driving. We also continuously monitor datalogs from the field and will make minor adjustments to maps if deemed necessary.

Marshall@COBB
Sponsored