petraman

Now with more MPGs!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf
I originally bought my AP from Mountune thinking that I'd use Randy's tune over COBB's Stage 1 OTS map... I actually found the COBB tune to have better driveability. The rev hang issue that I was having was pretty much gone and the linear throttle mapping made acceleration a lot more consistent. I didn't feel too much of a power difference between Randy's tune and COBB's tune.
Sponsored

wdninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium w/ PP
I've always had good luck with Cobb, on my 2010 Evo X SE and now with the Stage 1 93 OTS tune on my 2015 Ecoboost Premium AT.

Cobb, any updates on the exhaust, intake, intercooler, etc, for the Mustang!? I've been holding out on an exhaust because your preview sounded so good.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
I've always had good luck with Cobb, on my 2010 Evo X SE and now with the Stage 1 93 OTS tune on my 2015 Ecoboost Premium AT.

Cobb, any updates on the exhaust, intake, intercooler, etc, for the Mustang!? I've been holding out on an exhaust because your preview sounded so good.

:D

Irate Swami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Eco
I called their customer service line to try and get an update on their exhaust a few weeks ago and all I got was "sometime this year" .... Lame.

Sponsored

syntheticgt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.automodia.com
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2015 OW EB 6mt w/PP and Recaros
I called their customer service line to try and get an update on their exhaust a few weeks ago and all I got was "sometime this year" .... Lame.
So what kind of time frame seems fair to you?

It takes time for these companies to go through R&D for any one car out there. It doesn't happen overnight. Then you can compound that with the fact that they develop parts for many cars, sell parts, and have a business to run.

Lame? LOL!

Barret72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Syntheticgt, The issue is when a company goes through an R&D process there is a time frame for things to happen. 2nd quarter this year or 4th quarter this year, seems to be more acceptable then "sometime this year". The difference is the the way both of those options are perceived by a potential customer.

When a company comes out and gives a "soft date" like 4th quarter this year then I know they care about the project since it is being brought up in planning sessions and the project is at least being talked about. Whereas when someone says "sometime this year" it is like my pet project / part / car / whatever is on the back burner and the company does not care to devote resources to my interest. With many options out there I would focus my attention on another company that does have my interest planned and are working to get a product out now.

Their R&D process seems to be taking much longer then the Focus ST / Fiesta products they have put out. I remember when I had my Focus ST The first parts I got for the car were the Cobb Access port, CAI, Downpipe and intercooler. All were good quality products made by Cobb. Where are the Mustang parts? I know for certain it is much easier to work on the Mustang Ecoboost with all the room you have to get your hands in and get to items.

"Lame" might be a strong term to use but when was the last time a Cobb Rep has been on here pimping any product or giving updates on any product? Mishimoto has multiple VIDEOS they have done for products they are putting on the Mustang. I think Mishimoto deals with other vehicle brands besides Ford. Currently just on these forums you have Maperfomance, FFTEC, Unleashed, American Racing/ Bama Tuning, Mishimoto and Fullrace and that is just on the first page. All of them pimping their parts or services or what they are doing with new stuff. A Cobb rep is in this thread but this thread was resurrected from the dead. The Cobb oriented threads that are on the front page have no reps in there where they are either giving out information or correcting what people are saying about their product. I believe that any other Major Company that has interest in selling Mustang parts would have been in this thread and redefined that "sometime this year" to "Hey thanks for your interest, we are currently looking at 3rd quarter/end of October for this part to be out after testing. By the way we will have XYZ parts coming out too, Check this thread for more details"

I hope that they will respond to this thread and/or create a new one that outlines what products they have in store for us Mustang owners and when they feel they will be hitting the market. More competition in the marketplace will drive prices down and make people more excited about the Ecoboost.

KazyMedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX-8 and Toyota 86
I think MAP's success has dampened Cobb's spirit to put out hard parts quickly. Besides, cobb has some great success on its hands already with the AP being a favorite among the tuners puting out big turbo kits.

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP Oxford White
Honestly I think Cobb is trying to act like Apple. Wait until all the companies do the hard work with coming out with parts first and learn from their success and failure and then come out with a perfected product and say they are the best. Honestly I respect a that takes a risk more than a company that piggy backs off of others. Just my opinion. This is why I highly douby I will get Cobb as I highly doubt I will ever get Apple products.

By the way I am saying all this because I have been waiting for the last 9 months for cobb to announce something besides their off shelf tuners. By the way only reason these tuners are good is because of the after market tuners that are actually taking the time to experiment. Not Cobb themselves. Sorry for the rant but I think it is well deserved after leaving us out without any solid dates or products for over 9 months.

Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
By the way only reason these tuners are good is because of the after market tuners that are actually taking the time to experiment. Not Cobb themselves. Sorry for the rant but I think it is well deserved after leaving us out without any solid dates or products for over 9 months.
You could say the exact same thing about SCT. Did you ever use a OTS SCT tune? They aren't great at all, but they are safe. Same thing with Cobb, except they built an awesome device that other tuners can do a lot more with.

BigCatDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
For me customer service and good support communication huge. Im not seeing much in terms of communication or (from what I have read) good CS from Cobb. Let me include ATM in there too imho. Poor communication outside the forum leads me to feel that support will follow as such.
This has been my experience, both on my own and others on the forums. Buy a Cobb AP from MAP, and you get the best of both worlds. Had a question about the AP and MAP got me the answer. fast.

COBB Tuning

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AT EcoBoost, MT PP EcoBoost
We are admittedly slow getting things out for the Mustang! So to answer a few questions, we will be making a full Stage 3 package like we do for the other Ford cars we support: FMIC, intake, and full turbo-back exhaust (downpipe + catback). We hate giving out dates because we're perfectionists and it often leads to delays. We hope to have stuff out for the Mustang towards the end of this year, fingers crossed (in the good luck way)!

In regards to support, the best way to contact us is by the phone or email: 866-922-3059 or [email protected]. We love to try to keep up with the forums, but they just move too fast for us sometimes and we miss things!

Ian

Irate Swami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Eco
We are admittedly slow getting things out for the Mustang! So to answer a few questions, we will be making a full Stage 3 package like we do for the other Ford cars we support: FMIC, intake, and full turbo-back exhaust (downpipe + catback). We hate giving out dates because we're perfectionists and it often leads to delays. We hope to have stuff out for the Mustang towards the end of this year, fingers crossed (in the good luck way)!

In regards to support, the best way to contact us is by the phone or email: 866-922-3059 or [email protected]. We love to try to keep up with the forums, but they just move too fast for us sometimes and we miss things!

Ian
How about at least a video or blog update for your products for the Mustang platform? In the comments section of your page you hinted that products would start to become available last month, and now it has changed to anytime before the end of 2015. If people were reading R&D updates on your products it would help us understand the perfectionism that is going into the parts, and ultimately the delay with them coming to market.

I'm trying my best to stay patient because I literally fell in love with the exhaust sound on your last R&D update video. But since then... Updates seem to have ceased completely.

I'm not even expecting a tentative release date, and respect that you are taking pride in perfecting your designs. It would just be nice to be kept in the loop and get a few tidbits of information as plenty of people are dying to give you their money.

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
Is this going to be another 2011+ STi Sedan fiasco? Didn't you guys finally release that exhaust last year?
Sponsored