JMS PedalMax

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I've heard a couple vendors say it's not necessary with tune because they can adjust the throttle response...

However...

I've heard from a few members here who got tunes and uninstalled the JMS Pedalmax and regretted it. They said the response was not as good without it and put the Pedalmax back on.

Pedalmax + tune+sport mode=Beast mode:headbang:

according to a few hahah
Sounds good, just wondered if it would be redundant...
Sponsored

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Right, I was actually aware of the Sprint Booster going back a couple years now before hearing about the JMS product. Both are an option for me and finding either one discounted on sale will make owning one a bit easier.
Got mine for $261 with an advertised coupon code, from here. It was the best deal I found. I didn't see any vendors here offering it so looked elsewhere and found it there, then when it shipped realized it was drop shipped from AFE. Whoops, didn't know. I usually like to give my business to site vendors.

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Right, I was actually aware of the Sprint Booster going back a couple years now before hearing about the JMS product. Both are an option for me and finding either one discounted on sale will make owning one a bit easier.
JMS is on sale today at Lethal Performance....probably have another 30 minutes

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Depends on what your looking to do with it. Throttle mapping is adjustable with a tune. You just have to know what you want out of your throttle. If you don't have a premium package whatever you ask for will be your throttle map all the time. If you have a premium package all of the driving modes can be adjusted. As that all THEY are is adjusted throttle maps. And Track mode lightens up the nannys a bit. I wanted those to stay stock and be able to revert to them whenever needed as I didn't know what throttle I map I really wanted. And I don't necessarily use only one combination. So I got a Sprint Booster. It gave me more options. All the Booster and JMS is, is a signal amplifier. Your PCM interprets your throttle position by voltage. More voltage = more throttle beside in snow/wet mode... Boosted voltage means the PCM commands more throttle bc that's what it thinks your doing. And in a premium car the signal is compounded even more with Sport+/Track mode throttle maps.

Best explanation I saw on the thread. Thank you. It's also great to know it DOES NOT affect snow/wet mode, which I do use out here in Seattle often.

JMS is on sale today at Lethal Performance....probably have another 30 minutes
Thanks to all - just purchased. Great price, but they dont seem to offer the optional dial. I have no need for the dial if the PedalMAX by default doesnt affect the snow/wet mode.

Confirming, we are talking of this product right?

http://www.lethalperformance.com/jms-2011-2015-ford-pedalmax.html

Sponsored

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
Best explanation I saw on the thread. Thank you. It's also great to know it DOES NOT affect snow/wet mode, which I do use out here in Seattle often.

Thanks to all - just purchased. Great price, but they dont seem to offer the optional dial. I have no need for the dial if the PedalMAX by default doesnt affect the snow/wet mode.

Confirming, we are talking of this product right?

http://www.lethalperformance.com/jms-2011-2015-ford-pedalmax.html
Your welcome! But I think I was a little unclear about Snow/Wet mode. The Booster or JMS WILL effect Snow/Wet mode if turned on. I just meant since Snow/Wet mode is a reduction of throttle from input it would be counter productive to use the Booster/JMS when using that mode. But if in that mode and the Booster ON it WILL compound those signals just the same. I don't know how the JMS works for sure but another reason I liked the Sprint Booster is it can be turned completely off. Hope this helps a little more. I'm sorry for any confusion I may have caused. If it can be turned completely off with the knob then it should work fine for you.

Edit: In the picture it shows 0 all the way to the left on the knob. I imagine that would be Off/Default/Whatever mode your in. But I cannot not confirm since I don't have the JMS. Maybe someone could clarify who has it.

Last edited:

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
Also, I can thank [MENTION=19063]Higgs Boson[/MENTION] for educating me on all this. It's important to continue sharing the knowledge we have.

momogt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mustang gt
I am still trying to tell the guys with the 11-14 mustangs that this thing works. I Love mine

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Ordered from Lethal yesterday also due to the sale. I don't think it comes with the dial. They would have to confirm.

If it does come with it I'd rather them just take it out and credit me the dial amount. I don't really want it.

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
I love mine. paired with new intake and tune and the car is super snappy and responsive

Sponsored

momogt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mustang gt
I Have the dial with mine . With my tune I have it set at 25% for normal driving and 75% for showing off

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I purchased/installed the PedalMax before installing the CAI & Lund tune. I too saw where a couple of vendors say it's not needed if going with a tune. I have no intention on un-installing the PedalMax (even though it's a 5 minute job), just to see if there is a difference in power.

Hey these cars are money pits anyway, right? Just throw your good hard-earned $$$ at 'em!

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
Bummed I did not read this yesterday. I am so close to pulling the trigger on this thing, especially if I can get it on discount.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
really looking forward to installing the pedal max, do we know if it comes with the knob or not from lethal?
Sponsored