JMS PedalMax

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Something doesn't seem right! Even on first gear?
My tires are stock and i do have pedal max but even the pedal max is turned off if i m on second gear around 10 mph and go WOT the rear end gets loose! This is also in normal mode! First gear at wot is zero traction for me. I have intake and catback but no tune.

The pedalmax might help with the lag though! I ve never experienced this lag so far.
the car has 1000 miles on it, I'm sure it's not anything wrong with the car. I don't get squirrely at all. With wheel straight and hitting the throttle, I don't feel any spin or sideways action of the ass end.
Sponsored

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Sounds like your car is broken to me. See dealer for more details.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
It has 1000 miles in it. It is t broken.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
It is possible for a car to come from the factory with a defect, so don't be so quick to rule it out.

However, the more likely explanation is you don't know you have wheel spin because the tires may not be making any sounds when they spin. Took me a little while to notice too, but I'm on the base all seasons. They break traction easily in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and it doesn't always make the ass squirm or the TC light flash right away.

The easiest way to find out if you're breaking loose, is to go to a wide open and empty parking lot, drive in 1st around 10mph, with the wheel turned a bit. Then mat the gas, and if they're breaking traction at all, you'll know it when you're suddenly facing the other way lol. Just make sure there's nothing around to hit.

More on topic with this thread, the pedalmax is truly fun to drive with!

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
The miles on your car means nothing, could still have a manufacturer error/defect. I was kidding, but you should most definitely have some kind of tire spin when hammering down in first or second gear and all nannies turned off. I still get spin with my drag radials on a stock car.

Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
It is possible for a car to come from the factory with a defect, so don't be so quick to rule it out.

However, the more likely explanation is you don't know you have wheel spin because the tires may not be making any sounds when they spin. Took me a little while to notice too, but I'm on the base all seasons. They break traction easily in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and it doesn't always make the ass squirm or the TC light flash right away.

The easiest way to find out if you're breaking loose, is to go to a wide open and empty parking lot, drive in 1st around 10mph, with the wheel turned a bit. Then mat the gas, and if they're breaking traction at all, you'll know it when you're suddenly facing the other way lol. Just make sure there's nothing around to hit.

More on topic with this thread, the pedalmax is truly fun to drive with!
I did that and it did what was expected. IDK why it doesn't do it from a 5-10 mph roll.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I picked up a used pedalmax today. Will be installed as soon as I get it.

momogt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mustang gt
And you that WOT with PedalMax is any different that WOT without it ? Or what ?
Definitely from a 40mph roll it just takes off no lag at all. now with the pedal max turned off there is a brief delay my car drives ok with out it but I like it better with the pedal max

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Definitely from a 40mph roll it just takes off no lag at all. now with the pedal max turned off there is a brief delay my car drives ok with out it but I like it better with the pedal max
Yeah, but once the pedal is all the way down, it makes absolutely no difference.

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Yeah, but once the pedal is all the way down, it makes absolutely no difference.
Yes! But depending on your pedalmax setting the WOT can be activated with 70% pedal travel 80% pedal travel or etc. So you do actually save some foot travel time even when you do WOT.

momogt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mustang gt
the main thing that I like about it is the throttle delay is gone I know you will say a tune will get rid of that but I have tunes from some of the top tuners in the game all of the tunes are great. But none could get rid of the throttle delay completely but my vmp tune with the pedal max did. I am not trying to convince anyone to buy one just sharing my experience

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
if it works as I think it will and it restores the faith in my car I'll rejoice to the heavens. LOL.

Then in 4 years when the track key debuts, I'll get that.

theredmeadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2020 Mustang GT PP PP1
I just got mine today and will install tonight. The packaging for the connector said to apply dieelectric grease but the included instructions and the installation video doesn't state anything about applying it. Do you guys apply it?

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I just got mine today and will install tonight. The packaging for the connector said to apply dieelectric grease but the included instructions and the installation video doesn't state anything about applying it. Do you guys apply it?
I didn't, installed it probably 5-6 months ago w/o a problem. Took me about 10 mins or so to install and I'm not a DIYer. Simple install :thumbsup:
Sponsored