C2-650x in rear deck
6.5-inch (165 mm) Coaxial Speaker System
deck.jpg

Punch 1000x5 powering the system, with JL LC's
The birth sheet had the amp at around 125x4 and 500+ on the sub channel
IMG_3600.jpg

JL Stealthbox
IMG_3665.jpg

I'm a rock, rap, dirt road/outlaw country fan, so it will take some tinkering with the radio EQ. I don't have much time today, but I played some rap with clean bass, and I took the treble a good way down, some mid boost, and some bass boost, and around 15 volume it sounds/feels great and you can see the bass working the rearview mirror. With the punch amp, you can find out the clipping point, mine was 22 volume. To be honest, with it all in, I doubt I'd exceed 15 lol. Just wanted clean sound with some thump, and this does .
Sponsored

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zane
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
what was the cost?

OP
OP
gadgtfreek

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Punch is $499
The six JL speakers were $470
LoC's were like $90 each
Stealthbox runs $880

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Install looks good! Keep and eye on your speaker grill and let us know if if shakes itself loose from the bass. Mine did. I haven’t put it back on yet, but will before I drive the car again.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Install looks good! Keep and eye on your speaker grill and let us know if if shakes itself loose from the bass. Mine did. I haven’t put it back on yet, but will before I drive the car again.
Mine never did. But I’d imagine a couple drops of silicone on few places on grille contact point would secure it

my grille was sturdy, perfectly tight on it

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Mine never did. But I’d imagine a couple drops of silicone on few places on grille contact point would secure it

my grille was sturdy, perfectly tight on it
I popped the trunk one day and to my surprise, the grill was laying flat on the trunk floor. Put it back on and shortly thereafter, it came off again.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Mine I had to force off with a pick tool, it wasn’t coming off. It was like extremely tight.

OP
OP
gadgtfreek

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, mine was laying on trunk floor when I got home lol. I read they could be an issue, and I was thinking a few dabs of clear caulk if it keeps doing it. Dont want the sub getting hit when I drive like I stole.

OP
OP
gadgtfreek

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
After some tweaking (I'm audio/video OCD), and figuring out my listening levels, I think I have it where I want it.

I listen in the range of 12-18 on the volume knob depending on the song, as some older stuff is lower level. Had to take treble down slightly below halfway. One bump for mids, and moved the bass a good bit up past halfway. At those levels it is well balanced, and if it is a good normal LFE song, like Rap, if thumps and is very clean at 15-16 volume.

That JL component set treble wise was way in your face, had to tone it down. Two-ways in the rear deck prob didn't help with the treble issue.

Oh and the grill continues to be a PITA, I think I will be using a couple of dabs of clear silicone.

OP
OP
gadgtfreek

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Dab of clear silicon on the top, and each side fixed the issue. Good and secure now.

Sponsored

NTXChris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
Have you tried attenuating the front tweeters at the crossover? There should be a -3db position that is recommended for tweeters mounted up high and closer to the driver than the mid/woofer. That would tame some of the harshness on the high end.

Looks like you have a quality setup there. :thumbsup:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Dab of clear silicon on the top, and each side fixed the issue. Good and secure now.
Cool! Did you put the silicone on the speaker grill, or in the channel that the grill presses into? Did you let it dry before putting the grill back on?

OP
OP
gadgtfreek

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Have you tried attenuating the front tweeters at the crossover? There should be a -3db position that is recommended for tweeters mounted up high and closer to the driver than the mid/woofer. That would tame some of the harshness on the high end.

Looks like you have a quality setup there. :thumbsup:
No, but I will check that out! It does sound really nice, Im usually using 13-15 volume, and with the windows up it is a nice balance of rock and thump.

Cool! Did you put the silicone on the speaker grill, or in the channel that the grill presses into? Did you let it dry before putting the grill back on?
I put a dab on 3 spots of the outside of the speaker grill, where it flattens and goes in the channel. I then pushed it right in all the way and left it overnight. You can see anything, and with just 3 dabs, it wont be hard to remove.

OP
OP
gadgtfreek

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
On the 3 speaker door system, the 3" or whatever they are are still stock, running off the punch 1000. The 3 speaker component setup was ridiculously priced, so I left them alone for now. With the way it sounds, Ill prob leave it as be.
Sponsored