JL Stealthbox Install - Tips and Tricks

myMUSICveins

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anders
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Have the 9 speaker or 12 speaker upgrade? if you have the 9, did you do any other changes to your system to make it sound good? or 9 stock + 1 sub sounds pretty good? (just now getting into this information, I am reading people changing out the middle speaker on the stock system makes an improvement quite a bit.)
I’m pretty picky with sound and with the tweaks I mentioned above I’m pretty happy with it. I have the 9 speaker so now 9+1

Some extra mids and highs from the rear wouldn’t hurt but not worth the effort or cost IMO.
Sponsored

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I’m pretty picky with sound and with the tweaks I mentioned above I’m pretty happy with it. I have the 9 speaker so now 9+1

Some extra mids and highs from the rear wouldn’t hurt but not worth the effort or cost IMO.
do you know the difference between the 9 and 12 system, 1 is a sub, so where are the other 2 speakers? or is just 2 speakers are single, and in 12 package, 2 coaxials in same spot? Trying to figure this out, and havnt found answer searching threads. No-one explains where these 2 extra speakers are located in car.

myMUSICveins

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anders
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I think the two speakers in the back deck are 2 way instead of 1 way like in the 9 (they count those as two more speakers from what I understand) The sub is one of the 12 yes and leaves lots to be desired from what I’ve read.

I haven’t really stuck my head in the rear so not sure if the two speakers in the back deck are supposed to be full range or mid bass but there isn’t any speaker grills to allow sound to enter the backseat area so I assumed they are for Mid bass.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
Thanks, I will be researching, because if I can just throw 2 way speakers replacing those, bam. just got a 12.1 as I am probably getting the JL box, it sounds amazing (its a 10) in my other car. but its fricken amazing. Albeit the mustang is more expensive but its to be expected.
I think the two speakers in the back deck are 2 way instead of 1 way like in the 9 (they count those as two more speakers from what I understand) The sub is one of the 12 yes and leaves lots to be desired from what I’ve read.

I haven’t really stuck my head in the rear so not sure if the two speakers in the back deck are supposed to be full range or mid bass but there isn’t any speaker grills to allow sound to enter the backseat area so I assumed they are for Mid bass.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium

The rear speakers are a 2ohm OEM POS coax. I replaced mine an added a DSP and an amp. I bought a tool from Harbor Freight so I can punch a speaker pattern out to let more sound thru.

Sponsored

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
I heard that polyfil can make subs sound better. I have a Stealthbox already, but has anybody put polyfil in theirs? Sorry if this is a silly question. I'm just curious.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I heard that polyfil can make subs sound better. I have a Stealthbox already, but has anybody put polyfil in theirs? Sorry if this is a silly question. I'm just curious.
I have the Shaker Pro with the sub. I added polyfil and upgraded with a Rockford Fosgate sub. Sounds much better.
MiYn5uB1MRoI2Wrkp9shmSmpoSRLH_xQgF7lffopMXkq1QCc2S8Ds676hsuZ44TlIT2-Z-GOyOJsK7x9I=w1419-h1064-no.jpg
dkaf9oJf33D1hmNJGMNxPuAnBGtk0GXCDdAfvyDLak_HapRU3qta3AkhI-c4OGKswJn6MtcRM5LCp9N1E=w1419-h1064-no.jpg
Sponsored