Sponsored

Jalopnik Review, Part 2 (Euro-Spec Preproduction GT)

Utedog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
Hey you found my review!! :ford:
I knew it'd make it's way over hear sooner or later. Wasn't sure to post it or not. But I'll say this much, I didn't actually get to drive it. I rode shotgun though, and that was a blast during the short drive. That's my Focus ST in the shot as well, I wish I waited for the 2015 to be honest.

I do admit that I was a bit off on some of my info, my mistake on the direct injection part; I got some info mixed up. :(

But I am the lucky 19-year old that got the chance of a lifetime. :D
So you might be able to tell us K-Roll, Is that the Australian spec model as well as the UK one, and can you confirm if they are going to reverse the handbrake and drink holder?

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
I don't think the acceleration comparison is fair. Carlos Lago is an exceptionally good drag racer, and we've seen others (like the fast lane car) who frankly have terrible 0-60 times.

Let's hold off until motor trend does a full GT review and directly compares a 14 and 15 before making any statements about the performance being worse.

petraman

Now with more MPGs!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf
TFL posts crappy 0-60 times and then blames the Colorado altitude, yet they get similar times when they're at press events. I really don't pay any attention to the performance figures when watching their videos.

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
TFL posts crappy 0-60 times and then blames the Colorado altitude, yet they get similar times when they're at press events. I really don't pay any attention to the performance figures when watching their videos.
Which entirely proves my point. Can't compare times from different situations. Need to have the same environment and user to be fair.

Sponsored

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
I've seen 4.4 pretty much everywhere for the 2013/2014 models. I've not seen 4.3 before, but it could have been a hero run.

I have never seen a vert below 4.6..... The car they were in was a vert

azsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Raptor
Ok am I way behind the curve? The end of the write up states the motor is DI. I consider myself pretty versed on the 2015 from what's available thus far and I'm willing to be a mortgage payment that is incorrect.
Total Score - 77/100

Engine - 5.0L, direct injection V8

Power/Torque - 435 HP / 400 LB-FT

0-60 Time - 4.6 seconds

Drivetrain - RWD

Seating - 2+2

MPG - 15 city/25 highway/19 combined

MSRP - $41,600 for premium convertible/ $36,100 for fastback

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Ok am I way behind the curve? The end of the write up states the motor is DI. I consider myself pretty versed on the 2015 from what's available thus far and I'm willing to be a mortgage payment that is incorrect.
you're right.

Sponsored

Malikona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1
So he gives the engine a 6/10 when the fastest you can go at the Dream Cruise is 20 MPH. Thanks for the thorough objectivity Jalopnik.
Yeah this reviewer strikes me as another kid who got too big for his britches on the internet and somehow got the opportunity to 'review' something he doesn't even really understand, lol. Oh well at least it's more coverage.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
Yeah this reviewer strikes me as another kid who got too big for his britches on the internet and somehow got the opportunity to 'review' something he doesn't even really understand, lol. Oh well at least it's more coverage.
Excuse me? I'm right here if you want to say anything. I said I made some mistakes and that the direct injection part was wrong on my part, I misheard the info that was given to me and I apologize. I changed it on my review on the other website, but the OP copied and pasted it here before I got around to changing it.

Explain to me how I got, how you say, "too big for his britches on the internet.." The reason I got the chance to see the car was because a friend of mine works for Ford and had the opportunity to take a car out for a group of people to check out; I was the only one that showed up.

And it's not even a Jalopnik review! It was a short review that I posted to Opposite Lock, Jalopnik never had this review. And the Dream Cruise was last month, speed limit on Woodward is 50mph. This was just my experience and first impressions of the car, no one else's. I structured it like a review to keep it organized and more entertaining for the people I knew were going to see it.

Sorry if it wasn't up to your expectations, I'm only human after all.

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/2015-ford-mustang-gt-short-review-1636446296

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
Excuse me? I'm right here if you want to say anything. I said I made some mistakes and that the direct injection part was wrong on my part, I misheard the info that was given to me and I apologize. I changed it on my review on the other website, but the OP copied and pasted it here before I got around to changing it.

Explain to me how I got, how you say, "too big for his britches on the internet.." The reason I got the chance to see the car was because a friend of mine works for Ford and had the opportunity to take a car out for a group of people to check out; I was the only one that showed up.

And it's not even a Jalopnik review! It was a short review that I posted to Opposite Lock, Jalopnik never had this review. And the Dream Cruise was last month, speed limit on Woodward is 50mph.
*shrug*

Look I'm not condoning what anyone said, but you did make a few mistakes on an article that went on a major news site and gave a harsh judgement on the acceleration. Knowing how internet culture works, you surely didn't expect that not a single person would say something about it?

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
*shrug*

Look I'm not condoning what anyone said, but you did make a few mistakes on an article that went on a major news site and gave a harsh judgement on the acceleration. Knowing how internet culture works, you surely didn't expect that not a single person would say something about it?
It's not that, I didn't even notice that mistake until I saw it here. I only gave it a 6/10 due to the conditions that I was in(on a public road). I wasn't driving so there wasn't much I could say about it; I honestly didn't think that was harsh of a score either; I simply based it off of the 2014 GT I was in a couple weeks earlier on the same road and from what I've seen and heard in regards to the horsepower/torque numbers and the increased weight. I scored it as such because the acceleration wasn't really that surprising to me, felt pretty much the same as the previous year. But I do appreciate the criticism and remarks, it's what helps me improve my writing skills and such.

Don't get me started with internet culture. :thumbdown:

The only thing that annoyed me was this:
"Yeah this reviewer strikes me as another kid who got too big for his britches on the internet and somehow got the opportunity to 'review' something he doesn't even really understand, lol."

Explain that one.
Sponsored