Sponsored

Jalopnik Review, Part 2 (Euro-Spec Preproduction GT)

Malikona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1
It's not that, I didn't even notice that mistake until I saw it here. I only gave it a 6/10 due to the conditions that I was in(on a public road). I wasn't driving so there wasn't much I could say about it; I honestly didn't think that was harsh of a score either; I simply based it off of the 2014 GT I was in a couple weeks earlier on the same road and from what I've seen and heard in regards to the horsepower/torque numbers and the increased weight. I scored it as such because the acceleration wasn't really that surprising to me, felt pretty much the same as the previous year. But I do appreciate the criticism and remarks, it's what helps me improve my writing skills and such.

Don't get me started with internet culture. :thumbdown:

The only thing that annoyed me was this:
"Yeah this reviewer strikes me as another kid who got too big for his britches on the internet and somehow got the opportunity to 'review' something he doesn't even really understand, lol."

Explain that one.
My apologies for being harsh man. I have no explanation, just putting my first impressions out there for the world to see, like you were. ;)

Really though I do apologize for the criticism, I have just been underwhelmed by the critical details of the reviews out so far, and I took my frustration out on you. You went to the effort of giving us more to read and watch about the Mustang and I commend/thank you for that. Jealousy probably plays a part too - you know what I'd give to be the one getting to ride in the car and write that review??
Sponsored

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
My apologies for being harsh man. I have no explanation, just putting my first impressions out there for the world to see, like you were. ;)

Really though I do apologize for the criticism, I have just been underwhelmed by the critical details of the reviews out so far, and I took my frustration out on you. You went to the effort of giving us more to read and watch about the Mustang and I commend/thank you for that. Jealousy probably plays a part too - you know what I'd give to be the one getting to ride in the car and write that review??
Fair enough. Too be honest, I myself was underwhelmed with the reviews I've seen recently, save for Top Gear's review. I was hoping my review would clear some things up and shed some more light on new things hopefully, but it's no trouble at all. Crticism is good though, everyone needs it sometimes; yours was just a reminder that I need to toughen up a bit.

And I share your sentiments with getting a ride in that car. I'd give up my own car for a ride in one; provided I could get one for free soon after. :thumbsup:

But I'm actually jealous of all of you guys; you guys are gonna be the first to get your own cars and share your opinions of them, that's gotta count for something. Having got my ST in March(just before any serious info was released), and being a college student, there's simply no way I can afford a new car, let alone a GT for who knows how many years. This will probably be my only real interaction with the car until I can go get my own someday. :(

Then again, if I waited, I'd only be able to afford the V6 and it doesn't even come with a Performance Pack..:thumbdown:

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
Having got my ST in March(just before any serious info was released), and being a college student, there's simply no way I can afford a new car, let alone a GT for who knows how many years. This will probably be my only real interaction with the car until I can go get my own someday. :(

Then again, if I waited, I'd only be able to afford the V6 and it doesn't even come with a Performance Pack..:thumbdown:
I wouldn't feel too jealous if I were you. I don't think the majority of us were given new cars in college (hell I have a collection of degrees and I'm just finally looking to order my first car). If a GT is really what you want, then you just gotta be smart about picking a high paying major and saving your money ;)

Texican1911

Ford Certified Sales Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a Lightning Blue with Midnight Blue 20" wheels Safe & Smart, Active Exhaust, Shaker
cause if it's illegal in CA it must be good.

That's going in my .sig.

Dunno if anyone has pointed this out, not only did it have PP on a vert, it's also auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored