Sponsored

Steeda Proaction, Bumpstops, Camber Plates, UPR Mounts & Boomba Rear Links Review

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
After months of compiling parts I finally got all of this installed on Wednesday. I still have all of the steeda subframe work to do but there's no way that's getting done in the driveway so I'll get to it later. Suspension wise the only thing I had done to this point was Steeda progressive springs and Toyo T1R 275/30/20 front and 305/30/20 rear tires. Basically, the car drove fantastic and didn't need to be touched. But the grass is always greener so let the modding commence. I drove over 300 miles of punishing metro Detroit roads the last few days testing it all out so hopefully I can illustrate to you the differences I've noticed so far.

After the removal of the stock shocks/struts, I was starting to second guess myself already because outside of the pretty blue paint job on the steeda replacements, there wasn't much of a difference to the naked eye. The rears took over an hour and the fronts at least an hour each. I was told to trim the bumpstops and after getting a confirmation from Steeda via phone, my mechanic and I proceeded not to trim the bumpstops. But so far so good. Maybe someone can break it down to me like I'm in third grade because cutting them would have only left an inch or so tops?

My primary concern and motivation behind the shock upgrade was to see if I could improve the ride quality. I sometimes noticed a slight degredation in the feel of the stockers over the past couple of thousand miles (I'm at 16k currently). My initial thoughts are that these are much better than stock in terms of ride quality on good to decent to mediocre roads with relatively minor imperfections. When you hit a more significant bump, you feel the pain maybe even more so than stock but there's no question that they are infinitely more composed when taking those hits. Does that make sense?

The improvement is very significant in terms of keeping the car absolutely planted and stable over imperfections, rough pavement, etc. That floaty, bouncing, hang on for your freaking life and pray to sweet Moses that you don't tailspin into spectacular fiery vehicular death feeling that every Mustang I've ever owned has been eliminated entirely. Let me reiterate, this car is now PLANTED and is nothing short of confidence inspiring at speed. The fact that Steeda was able to maintain a good level of ride quality while simultaneously delivering unparalleled stability make these a definitive winner in my opinion. I'm supercharged with a mild 93 tune nowadays and I was skeptical pushing it in anything but a straight line before. Now I'm dippin and diving into all types of turns totally comfortable that the car is going to do what I want it to do. The control is exhilarating.

The camber plates and bumpstops are quality pieces that were worth the added insurance and peace of mind to ensure that the job was done right to begin with. Just bite the bullett and get them if you haven't already. The Boomba Rear Vertical Links are totally delicious eye candy and far superior to the stock parts in design, construction, build quality and finish. These are a no brainer for $166.

On to the UPR adjustable motor mounts. I only got these because my new aftermarket RKsport hood didn't clear the supercharger. We dropped the engine 3/4 of an inch. To put it lightly, it woke the car up. Upon a cold start, this blue bastard is now rumbling like a hot rod until he gets his gasoline coffee pumping through his system and then he behaves a little bit better. These mounts provide that good kind of NVH that lets you know every time you start the car that he's not a little hoe. On the freeway and around town the vibration or anything disruptive is minimal to non-existant. The handling improvement might be one of the low key best things you can do this car though, I'm convinced. With just lowering springs and these mounts, I was amazed at the cornering ability. Combined with the proactions, bumpstops and vertical links, this is a damn fine street setup my friends.

I also have the Steeda ultralight g-trac brace along with the aforementioned subframe parts ready at any given time but for now I'm really happy. If I could wave a magic wand, I would like to maintain my current level of ride quality while eliminating body roll even more because a little bit of that still does exist. It may be all in my mind though because I have the base cloth seats that are fine but have little to no bolstering. I have my eye on a set of Braum elite grey microsuede seats that may fix that perceived problem. Either way, I'll eventually finish this up and report back. But for now, I have no complaints and I believe these parts were definitely money well spent.

On a side note, I think the shocks lowered the car another quarter inch to the point that I now have minimal wheel gap. It's almost completely gone which I love but my Cervinis front splitter probably has a different opinion.

Sponsored

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Whew, I thought you said you didn't trim the stock bumpstops lol. Yeah, don't trim the Steeda ones, just use them without the top puck. Car looks fantastic man. I have the same suspension setup as you, except Ultralite linears and agree it's perfect for a DD with more performance. You'll love the rear subframe setup too when you get it on, it makes the rear feel like one solid piece with the car and gets ride of the floatyness back there.

OP
OP
essque

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Interesting about the rear subframe, sounds like I should just stop messing around and go ahead and get it done. Thanks for the advice. I wonder what the difference is like between the progressive and linears?

Whew, I thought you said you didn't trim the stock bumpstops lol. Yeah, don't trim the Steeda ones, just use them without the top puck. Car looks fantastic man. I have the same suspension setup as you, except Ultralite linears and agree it's perfect for a DD with more performance. You'll love the rear subframe setup too when you get it on, it makes the rear feel like one solid piece with the car and gets ride of the floatyness back there.
Sponsored