Sponsored

It’s finally time GT500 KR (update: being built)

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have never seen one in the wild. To be honest, in pictures, I almost throw up in my mouth a little as I honestly struggle with the flares. Don't get me wrong, I love a well done ride with flares and gigantic rubber underneath. But in the case of the Bronco Raptor, I think the name "Warthog" would have been wholly appropriate.

My ugly beast...

CLEANED B 3.jpg
The flares definitely work with it. I’m not a huge Bronco fan but I’d take a Braptor in a heartbeat.
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Maybe just to collect all the dropped panties for the Salvation Army - dunno. But I'm going to enjoy belching carbon all over the state of NY. That alone will keep me very happy.
Got a helluva morning chuckle out of that, Tob and the thought of you "belching carbon" all over NY was the icing on the cake. ;=)

Does Ford even have a clue when it might show up?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Things are going well now on the production side (not talking about any EV's) and I haven't seen any unexpected constraints pop up so it'll all come down to build week and whether or not there is any kind of train debacle. I hope to be driving it across the country by mid June if all goes well. Fingers crossed.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Things are going well now on the production side (not talking about any EV's) and I haven't seen any unexpected constraints pop up so it'll all come down to build week and whether or not there is any kind of train debacle. I hope to be driving it across the country by mid June if all goes well. Fingers crossed.
Post up some pics when you get it. Always cool to see the more rare vehicles.

RJ787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R [LR215]
I have never seen one in the wild. To be honest, in pictures, I almost throw up in my mouth a little as I honestly struggle with the flares. Don't get me wrong, I love a well done ride with flares and gigantic rubber underneath. But in the case of the Bronco Raptor, I think the name "Warthog" would have been wholly appropriate.

My ugly beast...

CLEANED B 3.jpg
Chuck Anderson Ford, dealer is 30 mins from me. They shipping to NY for you?

I've seen a few Braptors in their element here in KC, mall crawling and picking up kids from school.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
They look much better in person then in photo’s. Not that photo’s are bad. Ford did a great job on the bronco. My wife really likes her wildtrak badlands. The raptor drives very well and you kind of forget it has 37’s on it. The same goes for the wildtrak and 35’s.

My ugly beast...

CLEANED B 3.jpg

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Post up some pics when you get it. Always cool to see the more rare vehicles.
Will do.
Chuck Anderson Ford, dealer is 30 mins from me. They shipping to NY for you?
No. I got my '20 GT500 from them and at MSRP when everybody was getting the prison rape treatment. I flew there from NY, they picked me up at the airport, and I drove it 16 hrs straight back home in January of 2020. It was 28* out, I hauled ass, and there were definitely some pucker moments. It was a great way to get a feel for the car right off the bat. I have since driven it to Georgia twice and to Cleveland once. The GT500 really is a great touring car.

The plan for the Raptor is to drive it to Georgia from Missouri and stay a few days with my good friend George of MGW shifters. That's a 16 hr drive too. The drive from there back to NY is 14 hrs. Again, a great opportunity to become really familiar with it very quickly.

RJ787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R [LR215]
Will do.

No. I got my '20 GT500 from them and at MSRP when everybody was getting the prison rape treatment. I flew there from NY, they picked me up at the airport, and I drove it 16 hrs straight back home in January of 2020. It was 28* out, I hauled ass, and there were definitely some pucker moments. It was a great way to get a feel for the car right off the bat. I have since driven it to Georgia twice and to Cleveland once. The GT500 really is a great touring car.

The plan for the Raptor is to drive it to Georgia from Missouri and stay a few days with my good friend George of MGW shifters. That's a 16 hr drive too. The drive from there back to NY is 14 hrs. Again, a great opportunity to become really familiar with it very quickly.
Damn, what a Boss.

Whenever pick-up day finally arrives again, reach out. Would be cool to meet one of the OGs.

OP
OP

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'21 Grabber Yellow GT500 CFTP, '23 F150 King Ranch
Well it’s officially in their hands. A 04:00am departure from SoCal this morning, and a quick 3:40 drive to Las Vegas, and I’ve dropped off my car with Shelby American.

Their loading docks were quite busy when I arrived. 3 transport trucks picking up 4 different Centennial Edition mustangs, and dropping off 1 Heritage Edition GT500 ( I would assume for a KR package as well).

As they were going over my car and signing me in they mentioned my CF front fenders were only the second example they had seen on a GT500. And the first one had only come in last week! Makes me wonder what percentage of owners have done that mod.

Let the waiting game commence again 😂

Sponsored
OP
OP

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have any suggestions to combat Mustang withdrawal? Driving the F-150 isn’t cutting it lol 😂.

That picture was 10 days ago. 1st day “on the lift”

imagejpeg_0.jpeg

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have any suggestions to combat Mustang withdrawal? Driving the F-150 isn’t cutting it lol 😂.

That picture was 10 days ago. 1st day “on the lift”

imagejpeg_0.jpeg
Trade it in for a Raptor likeI did. Now I love driving my daily almost as much as my 500.

But seriously, hang in there, your wait shouldn’t be too bad. Keep us posted along the way.

OP
OP

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Trade it in for a Raptor likeI did. Now I love driving my daily almost as much as my 500.

But seriously, hang in there, your wait shouldn’t be too bad. Keep us posted along the way.
Yeah the wait definitely won't be too bad. Just miss driving her when the CA weather is nice now that we're done with our rainy season. I've actually thought about a Raptor, but I honestly want to find a good used Gen 1.

Updates will continue provided Mike sends me photos on occasion 🤞. Otherwise We'll see her when she gets dropped off by the delivery truck.

@Jmeo, you put the switchfire x-pipe on your SE, yeah? I think I saw that somewhere in the thread about your car. Worth it?

Last edited:

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Yeah the wait definitely won't be too bad. Just miss driving her when the CA weather is nice now that we're done with our rainy season. I've actually thought about a Raptor, but I honestly want to find a good used Gen 1.
Raptor R should help you some.

I used to have a 2013 SVT Raptor, it was nice and fast but at 100,000 miles., to many problems started showing up.