Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey all,

Has anyone ever experienced something similar to this? I have a 2019 GT MT-82 and whenever I get out of the car and try to lock my doors using the key fob nothing happens right away. I keep pressing the lock button but no locking or horn beeps at all. Seems to me like the car has some kind of electrical draw/gremlin that takes roughly ten to fifteen seconds after i close my door to dissipate. Then all of a sudden doors will lock and horn beeps come back.

That being said, my car alarm has been going off randomly but more frequently than it ever has and even more recently I've been getting error messages popping up while driving down the road. Latest one keeps telling me my hood is unlatched when it is clearly latched.

Anyone have any similar electrical issues with their cars? Where would you start the diagnosis here?

Thanks very much,

Dusty
Sponsored

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
Check battery and connections first. Low/bad batteries give odd issues like this.

dbtgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Hey all,

Has anyone ever experienced something similar to this? I have a 2019 GT MT-82 and whenever I get out of the car and try to lock my doors using the key fob nothing happens right away. I keep pressing the lock button but no locking or horn beeps at all. Seems to me like the car has some kind of electrical draw/gremlin that takes roughly ten to fifteen seconds after i close my door to dissipate. Then all of a sudden doors will lock and horn beeps come back.

That being said, my car alarm has been going off randomly but more frequently than it ever has and even more recently I've been getting error messages popping up while driving down the road. Latest one keeps telling me my hood is unlatched when it is clearly latched.

Anyone have any similar electrical issues with their cars? Where would you start the diagnosis here?

Thanks very much,

Dusty
I have exact same issues with a 2021 F150. I've been to the dealer twice so far - they are clueless...

OP
OP

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
well, sorry to hear you are having some similar issues but glad to hear it's not a one off as well. My car is currently at the dealer having some warranty work done so hopefully they have some answers when I go to pick it up. Not holding my breath though.

dbtgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
well, sorry to hear you are having some similar issues but glad to hear it's not a one off as well. My car is currently at the dealer having some warranty work done so hopefully they have some answers when I go to pick it up. Not holding my breath though.
Good luck!
I am waiting another 5 weeks for my 3rd appointment to address this issue...

Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Did you already replace the battery in the key fob?

OP
OP

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
yes, that was my first step as some of my previous vehicles would set the alarm off when the battery was closer to dying. no change with a fresh battery from my experiences

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
You may want to try resetting the BMS set up which is the battery management system. Turn the power on but do not start the engine. Next flash the high beam headlights 5 times and then step on the brake pedal 3 times. If successful, the on dash battery light will flash on and off. May have to do this procedure more than once but it works on new battery replacements. You can also leave the car locked up and untouched for 12 hours and the the system will reset itself as well.
Sponsored