Keyfob not locking the car

EuroTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Turbo
Hi everyone. So after a week of installing diode dynamics LEDs into my headlights, my car started acting up. Now I can’t lock it with a fob. When I press the lock button, it locks for a second and then immediately unlocks. I can lock it only with a keyless sensor/button on either door. Anyone ever encountered such an issue?
Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

No, but have you swapped out your new LED's back to stock bulbs and see if that was the issue?

Something to keep in mind. In the case of bulbs, the computer can know (if designed correctly) what if any bulbs are blown due to the change of current draw. Since most LEDs draw less current, you might have an incompatibility problem then. Another issue (an probably the one that is applicable to you), LEDs produce a lot of electrical switching noise (both on the electrical system and in the air). The electrical system noise can cause things to be misread by the computer while in the air, can cause interference with normal radio waves.

OP
OP

EuroTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Turbo
Thank you for your reply! It somehow fixed itself, however, I think it’s the interference that caused the issue.
Sponsored