Issue with Athens Ford Service

evdean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2001 996tt
im the second owner of my 2019 GT350. On my Ford Pass it shows the service history on the car. Two specific services were very expensive (one in the $6k range) and says to contact the servicing dealer for add'l assistance. When i contacted Athens Ford, I was told that since i was not the owner at the time of service they can not tell me what they did. I explained i did not want any privacy info or even the oasis report, just a verbal so i know what was done to my car. BTW, i called before i bought the car and they did give me some info, so not sure why the 2nd person stated they could not give out service info to a new owner? In any case, i called Ford and their oasis report does not match the Ford Pass service history i am seeing. Ford is trying to reach out to the dealer to see if they can get me the service history.

Anyone have issues like this? are they seriously not allowed to give out the service history on a vehicle to a new owner?
Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
where did you buy it from?
Shouldn't you have got that information during purchase process?

OP
OP

evdean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2001 996tt
car was from auction, not a dealer or private. car is in excellent cond. i just wanted to know what one of the services they had done. Wasnt asking for previous owner info or anything that would entail privacy info.

Last edited:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
They should give you the service history. Thereā€™s no issueā€™s with that as you own the car. Iā€™ve never run in to that. Iā€™ve gotten oasis reports for several members in the past.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Correct me if Iā€™m wrong.
The Oasis report has nothing to do with getting approval from any dealership.

Sponsored

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Oasis report will show only warranty work, not full service history.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
As stated above being as I used to work at a ford dealer oasis does in fact only show warranty work done on a vehicle. Any customer pay repairs done to the vehicle will not show up on oasis.

As far as getting service history if someone is not giving it to you they're either being lazy or don't know the process. You can give out any repair history you want as long as you are not giving out personal information from a previous owner.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Oasis report will show only warranty work, not full service history.
Being it's a 2019 car, wouldn't all work done fall under the base warranty anyway? The only work that wouldn't would be collision repair work. And if it's collision repair, then that's a whole another problem.

OP
OP

evdean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2001 996tt
Being it's a 2019 car, wouldn't all work done fall under the base warranty anyway? The only work that wouldn't would be collision repair work. And if it's collision repair, then that's a whole another problem.

attached is what i can see in the Ford Pass app. It shows a $6500 servive showing unknown at Athens Ford and they are not willing to let me know what was done.

bottom line- dont do business with Athens Ford as their customer service is terrible

service pic.jpeg

Screenshot_20221019-194928_FordPass.jpeg

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Maybe or it was something that was denied warranty for some reason. I guess that s what the Oper wants to know. I ve never heard a dealer not allowing history to be viewed.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Honestly, that would make me think it was in the body shop. I canā€™t blame a dealer for not releasing information repairs outside of warranty work. I wouldnā€™t without the previous owners permission. In todays world that could potentially come back to bite them in the arse. Think of it this way, they have no idea who you are or what your intentions are, regardless of how you present it. Not the least saying your not on the up and up, Iā€™d want to know to.

OP
OP

evdean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2001 996tt
Honestly, that would make me think it was in the body shop. I canā€™t blame a dealer for not releasing information repairs outside of warranty work. I wouldnā€™t without the previous owners permission. In todays world that could potentially come back to bite them in the arse. Think of it this way, they have no idea who you are or what your intentions are, regardless of how you present it. Not the least saying your not on the up and up, Iā€™d want to know to.
but how would a repair that price from a Ford dealer not get posted on a carfax as an accident? Car fax just states vehicle service and emissions done on that date with that miles. My friend owns a shop and car has been on a lift. Never in an accident, car has all org welds, etc. Im still confused why Ford motor company customer doesnt see this service on their oasis report.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I canā€™t answer that. I had a body shop for twenty years and we did repairs that few could actually detect. Not saying yours was In an accident but if it was and was paid out of pocket it wouldnā€™t show on a Carfax. I get the curiosity side and wanting to know, but the powertrain warranty should still be intact. I think Iā€™d just follow up and try to get the info but I wouldnā€™t obsess over it. If you checked the car and its all its suppose to be just enjoy it.

but how would a repair that price from a Ford dealer not get posted on a carfax as an accident? Car fax just states vehicle service and emissions done on that date with that miles. My friend owns a shop and car has been on a lift. Never in an accident, car has all org welds, etc. Im still confused why Ford motor company customer doesnt see this service on their oasis report.

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Before I bought mine I noticed it had been serviced at a dealer I frequent fairly often. Called up the service manager I usually deal with, and he gave me the rundown on what they had done, and why. He didn't give me any personal info on the previous owner, but went through everything with me.

I had a few concerns and he cleared them up for me. I would imagine it would be 50/50 if a dealer will pass on info like that.
Sponsored