Sponsored

Ford Service Forum Support

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Is there still someone on here that is support for Ford Service? Car is stuck at the dealer going on almost a month for a new driveshaft on backorder (after the previous dealer failed to correctly reattach it while doing a diff repair).

Called Ford Customer Service to escalate the issue the same week I dropped it off, and opened a case. But the regional rep assigned to my case is extremely unresponsive, cannot provide an update whatsoever, and is not on the same page at all with the dealer.
Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Mention things like buyback or switching brands completely. That was all that would kick my repair in gear with my 350.

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
Email Kyle Sargent, he works at FPG. I had a friend who’s 17 GT350 was at the dealer for over a month with an engine issue with no progress and Kyle was able to get things moving for him.

[email protected]

Good luck.

Jim

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Call that 800# back, at the prompt either select “0” for an Operator or wait for someone to pick up. When the person comes online, demand to speak to a Supervisor and relay the fact that your Ford CSR is unresponsive and you’re ready to take the issue to all of their Social Media accounts to let the public know how you’re being treated.

Also so you know, in most States if a vehicle is at a Dealership Service Center for 30-consecutive days OR 30 days within a calendar year (varies by State Lemon Laws), it instantly qualifies as a Lemon and you could start a Buy Back claim. If your patience’s is done and you’re wanting out, search the terms “Buy Back”, ”Ford RAV”, “RAV” or “Lemon” on here and you‘LL find a lot of helpful info. You can also include my user ID in the search, as I’ve helped many with Lemon/Buy Back info.

You won’t get anywhere with your Ford CSR if that person is already unresponsive to you - so take it up the chain and demand a Supervisor.

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Correct me if I’m wrong here....
If a part is on back order (I assume that’s truthful) than what will a phone call do to expedite that? If the part isn’t available, it’s not available.
I work with car dealerships and body shops almost daily. Covid has put a real crimp in the supply chains. Normal one week turn around work has been blown out the window....all bets are off.

OP
OP
ssmith891

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
If a part is on back order (I assume that’s truthful) than what will a phone call do to expedite that? If the part isn’t available, it’s not available.
I work with car dealerships and body shops almost daily. Covid has put a real crimp in the supply chains. Normal one week turn around work has been blown out the window....all bets are off.
I completely get this, and I understand the strain on supply chains. But when my service advisor calls me and says that 2 dealerships have the driveshaft in stock, but are refusing to let it go, I have a serious issue with that.

I would think a regional rep would utilize that to expedite the process as quickly as possible. Yet I haven't heard from my rep in 2 weeks.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The Dealership is incompetent. If the Dealership knew their Ford Warranty & Policy Information Manual - which is their internal bible so to speak that is available to ALL Ford Franchises - its stated within it that if a vehicle is in for repair and there is an issue with procuring parts - they are allowed to remove like or similar parts from a new car on their lot to expedite the repair order.

Granted not every Dealership has new Shelby’s sitting on their lots - BUT that is a viable and accepted option through Ford Corp and the part taken is still warranted just as if the Dealership accepted the same part from the order process.

Some may call blasphemy about taking a part from a lot vehicle, but the inventory is still NEW and the part taken is the same that was designed by Ford and built to spec by the Contracted Vendor where Ford would have procured another to ship to the Dealership.

Sounds like the Dealership has no direction and someone doesn’t know Ford Policies & Procedures....

Last edited:

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
The Dealership is incompetent. If the Dealership knew their Ford Warranty & Policy Information Manual - which is their internal bible so to speak that is available to ALL Ford Franchises - its stated within it that if a vehicle is in for repair and there is an issue with procuring parts - they are allowed to remove like or similar parts from a new car on their lot to expedite the repair order.

Granted not every Dealership has new Shelby’s sitting on their lots - BUT that is a viable and accepted option through Ford Corp and the part taken is still warranted just as if the Dealership accepted the same part from the order process.

Some may call blasphemy about taking a part from a lot vehicle, but the inventory is still NEW and the part taken is the same that was designed by Ford and built to spec by the Contracted Vendor where Ford would have procured another to ship to the Dealership.

Sounds like the Dealership has no direction and someone doesn’t know Ford Policies & Procedures....
I‘ll assume the drive shaft is the same for the OP’s ‘18 as the ‘19 & ‘20’s. So yes if it’s official procedure to rob parts from new stock cars for repairs on two year old models, then yes they are not doing their jobs.
Understanding every franchise dealership is an independent organization, I’ll assume it’s there call if they want to do it. All kinds of things could be going on there.
You‘re going to get different opinions weather the practice of robbing parts off new cars is cool or not.
Personally if I was the OP I’d want them to do it. If I was the one buying the new car, I wouldn’t be cool about it.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Call that 800# back, at the prompt either select “0” for an Operator or wait for someone to pick up. When the person comes online, demand to speak to a Supervisor and relay the fact that your Ford CSR is unresponsive and you’re ready to take the issue to all of their Social Media accounts to let the public know how you’re being treated.

Also so you know, in most States if a vehicle is at a Dealership Service Center for 30-consecutive days OR 30 days within a calendar year (varies by State Lemon Laws), it instantly qualifies as a Lemon and you could start a Buy Back claim. If your patience’s is done and you’re wanting out, search the terms “Buy Back”, ”Ford RAV”, “RAV” or “Lemon” on here and you‘LL find a lot of helpful info. You can also include my user ID in the search, as I’ve helped many with Lemon/Buy Back info.

You won’t get anywhere with your Ford CSR if that person is already unresponsive to you - so take it up the chain and demand a Supervisor.
Problem is in MI that has to happen in year 1 for a lemon claim, not just within the warranty period. But there is still the Magnuson Act.
Sponsored