Is the easy oil pan plug worth a try?

left4taco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hao
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
It's always been messy to change the engine oil in my Mustang. I found something called easy oil change plug, which basically is an oil pan plug plus a valve. This is how is works:

Has anyone tried it? Any downside that you might imagine?

Thanks!
Sponsored

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Ruby Red
On my 2019 GT, the drain plug does not screw in. I think your EcoBoost is the same way. This drain valve will not work on the new style of oil pans from Ford that use the yellow plastic plug. I bought a Ronin drain plug for mine. A little more $$$$, but well worth it for me.

Snake Plissken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I used a FEMCO on my '16 GT. Absolutely worth it.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
I was bitching and moaning about the cost of the Ronin Oil Pan Plug (It was just a mental thing) considering my 2020 cost almost $49,000.00 the $ 80.00 Ronin cost was a no brainer. I installed it just before Christmas with 420 miles on the clock and then filtered the oil back into the car and took a trip of 1200 miles to break in the car. Upon return I changed my oil and it was the easiest, cleanest, oil change I have ever done. And not a drop on the garage floor. Ronin gets the job done. As I said before it's a no brainer. Bite the bullet, pay the price, and stop making a PITA mess in your garage or driveway.