Sponsored

Is amsoil worth the money?

TheLion70x77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Package
In reality any of these off the shelf synthetics are good enough for most people's street car applications and will perform as well as MC Semi-syn or better. MC Semi-syn is actually a pretty decent blend, especially the new API SN Plus formula.
Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
wRZsw96.jpg

I'm not sure which topic has been discussed more, oil preference or who killed JFK...

Reactions: kz

Deleted member 35644

In order to get the API cert, you have to drop down to XL or OE, which, IMO, makes paying more pointless. PP is SN+, performs well in Blackstone tests, is competitively priced, and readily available. If I had one wish, it'd be for PP to get that NOACK number down on the 5W-30.

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Yes, Amsoil is definitely worth it because I use it and they sent me cool stickers. :giggle::giggle:

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I use the factory oil in my Mustang, but my other cars get good old Valvoline High Mileage synthetic blend. One car just tipped 200k miles, the other 317k. Seems to be working out just fine for me. I've run it in two other cars as well. The Valvoline can be had for under $20 at Walmart for a 5 qt container. Always factory oil filters for me.

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
I use Amsoil Signature Series 5w-30 Synthetic Motor Oil.

Dont skimp on oil. Get the good stuff.

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
amazon basics 5w30
^^^^ This is what I'll be going to in about five years when I run out of all the Mobil 1 5w-40, Shell/Rotella synthetic 5w-40, and SuperTech 5w-30 synthetic I have been stock-piling in the garage.

Even Mobil 1 and MC filters are just as good as Amsoil filters for a lot less money.
Ezacktly!

I run amsoil signature series and I love it...

...At the end of the day I think it makes my engine run better.
^^^^ Without any quantifiable data, this is pure placebo effect. Magical thinking

I'm not sure which topic has been discussed more, oil preference or who killed JFK...
AND

Perhaps the Tick... :facepalm:

Sponsored

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I use Amsoil Signature Series 5w-30 Synthetic Motor Oil.

Dont skimp on oil. Get the good stuff.
Modern motor oil, even the dino stuff, is so good now that any name brand oil you will find on the shelf at Wal-Mart is "the good stuff".

Amsoil does a great job at lubricating your wallet to make sure as much $$$ as possible slides out.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Without any quantifiable data, this is pure placebo effect. Magical thinking
Maybe so, but I do not regret it one bit. Very happy with my decision. While you may think I'm full of it, I know how my car behaves before and after and there is a def noticable difference when I went with amsoil.

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
While you may think I'm full of it, I know how my car behaves before and after and there is a def noticable difference when I went with amsoil.
There is no way you could "know" this. You car would not run or drive any better or worse after an oil change with Amsoil or any other oil for that matter. It is just your personal bias attempting to validate your purchase. So be it..., its your $$$.

It's like me knowing my car runs better right after I wash it, which it always does, simply because I want it to be true. But the logical side of my brain always reminds the emotional side of my brain that it's full of shit.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
There is no way you could "know" this. You car would not run or drive any better or worse after an oil change with Amsoil or any other oil for that matter. It is just your personal bias attempting to validate your purchase. So be it..., its your $$$.

It's like me knowing my car runs better right after I wash it, which it always does, simply because I want it to be true. But the logical side of my brain always reminds the emotional side of my brain that it's full of shit.
I think your just pissy because not everyone thinks like you do. Chill out man. I do not have to agree with you.

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
hey man if you wanna use amazon oil on your 45k+ car by all means lol
Sponsored