NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
....idk why people tend to go through their own insurance when someone else is at fault ive always filled a claim with their insurance in these cases never my own unless they have no coverage
Every state has different insurance laws. In some states the company that insures the car is the only one that pays to fix/replace it, regardless of who is at fault.
Sponsored

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
and dont accept a repair if it were my car id make certain they total it the car will never be the same and even if fixed correctly will be worth easily an extra 10k less now thats easily 15k in damage

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Every state has different insurance laws. In some states the company that insures the car is the only one that pays to fix/replace it, regardless of who is at fault.
Not true, the owners Ins MAY handle the repairs at the owners request (usually if they are having issues with the at fault Ins company), but they will ALWAYS subrogate back to the AT FAULT drivers Ins.

Some states do not require that the owner ins pay/subrogate but they are few and far between these days.

If they DON'T total it, turn around and sell it right away to a dealer you know, make sure they document the loss of value due to the accident and then go back against the AT FAULT drivers Ins for a loss of value claim.
You could also play the "loss of value claim" right away if they say they will not total it...tell them if that's the case you are going to file an additional claim and see if that kicks them into Total Mode.

Good Luck - if you have a good ins agent they SHOULD be helping you with all of this, unless you have one of the online Geico/Progressive/etc POS companies.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Makes no difference which insurance company is paying out. He's only going to get what the car is worth by KBB.
That is not true. I have had insurance covered my motorcycle gear after a non-at-fault accident. It's called personal property coverage.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
thank god that youre ok, thank god you had GAP

shawndean22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Hello,

Someone just totaled my car about a two weeks ago. Made a left turn at an intersection on a yellow light. Went through my insurance for it to be quicker determination of fault may take a while. I got a check in hand about a week later and bought a new car. Once fault is determined i will get my deductible and rental back. Insurance companies going back and forth may take months. We may have to go to arbitrary court if his insurance does not want to take liability. My car was 2015 mustang gt PP with recaro seats.. 22k miles on it i got 32k actual cash. They use cars for sale in the area around the same year and mileage for comparison. My insurance paid me for ACV and will be reimbursed from other party's insurance once fault is determined. ACV is way higher than KBB. Actually just bought the 17 SS 1LE.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
busted

And I'd like to know what the person who commented in that thread did to "run 10's easy." Does something in this comment mean supercharger?

Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
1ss w/A8, add lowering kit, Maggie, drag pack and go out and run 10's with ease. I did it and so can you. You can buy a 1ss at discounted price and still be about 45k with everything above.

Edit: I see now a maggie is a supercharger. So basically with the camaro you can run 10's with FI, just like any other comparable sportscar..except that it costs more.

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Wasn't trying to call OP out or anything, just wouldn't buy a Camaro if I was in his shoes.

And there's another thread over there where someone just installed a Whipple and picked up 131/151 HP/TQ over stock....that doesn't seem very good at all and I know Moto likes powah

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
Ouch, sorry to hear OP.

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
busted

And I'd like to know what the person who commented in that thread did to "run 10's easy." Does something in this comment mean supercharger?

Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
1ss w/A8, add lowering kit, Maggie, drag pack and go out and run 10's with ease. I did it and so can you. You can buy a 1ss at discounted price and still be about 45k with everything above.

Edit: I see now a maggie is a supercharger. So basically with the camaro you can run 10's with FI, just like any other comparable sportscar..except that it costs more.

Yes, Maggie = Magnusson SC... so basically you can run 10s if you add boost just like you can with a Mustang... what a stupid post of his lol

RayJHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
The throttle isn't an on/off proposition, and "gassing" any car in a curve is incorrect driving.

These cars are actually safer than most other vehicles, as they stick to the road a lot better. They turn and stop better than the vast majority of other vehicles on the road.
I was watching Motor Trend just yesterday and the professional driver said the same thing I said. I have owned a lot of cars and drive very well....it is the design but obviously it is not a deal breaker for me. Oh and you can gas a car in a curve IF it has the ability to stick or the breaking point is predictable.

OP
OP

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Car was totaled out pick up a 2017 grabber blue gt performance pack and 401a car on Monday
Sponsored