Sponsored

Is ESS really any cheaper

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
LOL thanks for the compliment

I think Whipple guys are pretty funny too. But it’s typically older guys who nutswing Whipple

Did someone say Whipple!? lol

Will your ESS do this?

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
At the end of the day, people are going to recommend what they have. People want to think they are special, and they would have only chosen "the best"

So if they have it, no one else could have anything better.

That's why it's nice that we offer vortech, paxton, procharger, whipple, vmp, edelbrock, magnuson, hellion, on3, bl fab, aldo, armageddon.

We have so much experience with all the brands, we have great dealer support from all the brands, we run all the brands. We don't only have 1 option to give you.

That's the benefit of such a large dealer support network. And you have shops all over the country that install, work on and are dealers for all these brands. They also race them on a weekly basis, alot of people competitively.

When we get to the centri side only, all the kits perform well. We just know from a price standpoint and a support side, we will do everything we can with vortech and paxton to earn your business.

Not to mention the 8am to 10pm 7 day a week tech support we provide. There is value there as well

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
@Cordero1 which kit are you running? How are you liking it so far?
As I had mentioned above in a few texts. I can't say from experience on any of this because that is what I'm doing, researching which way to go. Leaning more towards ESS. Searching for a beater car now so I can put my own kit together as Mr gimmie11s did. I have the fabrication skills, just cannot take my car down for that amount of time at the moment.

Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
As I had mentioned above in a few texts. I can't say from experience on any of this because that is what I'm doing, researching which way to go. Leaning more towards ESS. Searching for a beater car now so I can put my own kit together as Mr gimmie11s did. I have the fabrication skills, just cannot take my car down for that amount of time at the moment.
Get er done!!

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Ah, gotcha.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Did someone say Whipple!? lol

Will your ESS do this?

lmao when I typed it I thought, “I bet a Whipple guy, like roadcone, will see this”.

Sponsored

dukecrazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT premium A10
Oh I believe that, Facebook is cancerous & one of the many reasons I'm not on it is the community on it. I see what you claim, but from the other side of it by the looks of it. Like I stated above, this thread is proof of it. It was started just to take shots at the ESS brand. I don't have either one yet, so I can't talk from a pov of which one is best, but I can talk from what I see & all I see is a a bunch of procharger fellas claiming theirs is best & the others isn't. Brand loyalty is hilarious. It's like a "I'll never buy a FORD because Chevy is the Best because my daddy & grand pappy said so" type of attitude. No one is going to change the mind of someone who purchased a Procharger & is happy with it, or Paxton, or Vortec, or ESS, or even any of the PD blower brands. What TBC claims is that he has the best pricing & he is correct. He runs his business so he take claim to that. The rest of the arguments are mute. As a new customer looking to buy & researching all I can take claim to is what I see & what I am looking for. The placement of the Paxton/Vortec is not something I like. So that crosses them 2 out. The extending of the crank & inlet tube being under hood is another. So that crosses Procharger out. What am I left with? A blower that pulls air in like a CAI, that does not extend the crank, & has similar in size & price as the Paxton/Vortec. So what does that all mean? It comes down to preference of what the customer is willing to spend their OWN hard earned money on.
@Cordero1 - Everything you mentioned in this comment is exactly what I went through with my decision. I do not stay brand loyal to ANYTHING because I have always felt that just shuts doors on too many opportunities. I have used Beefcake in the past and bought a Vortech kit for my Gen1 from them. It was a great experience and I have no issues with him or his company. For me, I liked the fact that the ESS kit moved more air, was in an excellent location, and had the lowest amount of modification for installation. I had no issues with my Vortech but the 1150-1250cfm (can't remember exactly) and the location were not my favorite things. The ESS kit just seems to be the best thought out option and was priced well to me. After running ESS now for a little while I'm very happy I made the decision and like it more than I liked my Vortech kit. Just for a little more context, I've also owned a roots type blower and love the linear power provided by the centri kits.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
It was a point of conversation back in 2016 when I opted for a Whipple over a Procharger. It's nothing new, but ok. I don't think you understand what preference means. Or the points that lead a person to their preference. That is one of mine & many others.
quite interesting that you opted for kit that seems to break the most cranks even though it’s got no “pulley extension”

Last edited:

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
@Cordero1 - Everything you mentioned in this comment is exactly what I went through with my decision. I do not stay brand loyal to ANYTHING because I have always felt that just shuts doors on too many opportunities. I have used Beefcake in the past and bought a Vortech kit for my Gen1 from them. It was a great experience and I have no issues with him or his company. For me, I liked the fact that the ESS kit moved more air, was in an excellent location, and had the lowest amount of modification for installation. I had no issues with my Vortech but the 1150-1250cfm (can't remember exactly) and the location were not my favorite things. The ESS kit just seems to be the best thought out option and was priced well to me. After running ESS now for a little while I'm very happy I made the decision and like it more than I liked my Vortech kit. Just for a little more context, I've also owned a roots type blower and love the linear power provided by the centri kits.
You seem to like your ESS system allot. Im not brand specific either. I go with what I feel is best for my intended application.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
BTW.
- G2 or G3?, Is your car fully stock or did you do some upgrades?
- What times or HP are you getting?
- Are you 93 or E85.
Thanks and Good Luck

dukecrazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT premium A10
You seem to like your ESS system allot. Im not brand specific either. I go with what I feel is best for my intended application.
I do like it. As I said, it's just a well thought out kit that requires hardly any modification to install and the G3 head unit moves a good bit of air (1600cfm). My vortech kit was good to me and I really only had one issue out of it which was the passenger side curved pipe would pop off sometimes even with an upgraded clamp. I just didn't like the location of it so I was looking at the procharger kit this time around but didn't like some of the extra modifications needed as opposed to the ESS kit. I mean, the ESS kit you only cut off about 3/4" of the radiator hose and install a 90 degree piece onto the thermostat housing then the rest of it just fits in place.
Sponsored