Is ESS really any cheaper

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Have you seen other members with the Vortech?
I have a v7jtb, more like the G3, underspinning by a bit right under 1k. It did cost more and requires oil lines.

I did go to 8 rib, but wasn't slipping. I do have a ten rib kit standing by for the built motor.
Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
The way internal gear ratio of the ESS blower is setup , people are running the 6rib 95-100mm pulley without slip issues making over 1000 rwhp.
what is the internal ratio? P and D is 4.1 and F is 5.4. I have no doubt those guys are tearing up the dynos on 6ribs

Red5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt race red non pp
I have a v7jtb, more like the G3, underspinning by a bit right under 1k. It did cost more and requires oil lines.

I did go to 8 rib, but wasn't slipping. I do have a ten rib kit standing by for the built motor.
the tapping the oil pan is the part that has me on the fence but it shouldnā€™t be a big deal

pittzy23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The ESS kits just have so much belt wrap I actually wonder how small of a pulley / how much power you would need to get slip (with a properly sized belt / good tensioner). beefcake has some solid deals on paxton kits fairly often, but I typically only compare the ESS to the ProCharger kits based on configuration / installation / etc., of which the ESS kit is going to be noticeably less expensive 99% of the time. I was very close to getting a P1x kit based on @SolarFlare's solid results, but took a risk on the ESS when it was still fairly new. glad it worked out.

Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
the tapping the oil pan is the part that has me on the fence but it shouldnā€™t be a big deal
Well it is something that had caused me to start with the Paxton, which ultimately made it cost much more. I installed the Paxton, but OPGs made me nervous (only worked on pushrod motors in the past). I had a shop do my OPGs and they put a return into the front cover on the motor (welded it in). They said they do it all the time, and would be easier than pulling the an since it was off for the opgs. The Paxton is a killer blower and cost is great. However the JTB I think is a better blower to start with if you plan on making 1k+. I am underspinning now, and when I first put it on I had a pulley that made just a little more than the Paxton, I would not describe it as lazy. Sorry to derail the ESS thread. I will say my JTB was much more expensive as I purchased the Paxton kit then went to thr JTB.

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
solarflareā€™s car is flying he has the p1x working well with his setup. His car had me leaning toward procharger but happen to stumble across ESS. Like Iā€™ve said many times canā€™t go wrong with any of the kits . It just comes down to personal preference.

The ESS kits just have so much belt wrap I actually wonder how small of a pulley / how much power you would need to get slip (with a properly sized belt / good tensioner). beefcake has some solid deals on paxton kits fairly often, but I typically only compare the ESS to the ProCharger kits based on configuration / installation / etc., of which the ESS kit is going to be noticeably less expensive 99% of the time. I was very close to getting a P1x kit based on @SolarFlare's solid results, but took a risk on the ESS when it was still fairly new. glad it worked out.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I checked out the ESS kit and to be honest it's no cheaper than any other brand. By the time you add in the options that come standard with the pro charger kit or the Vortech kit the ESS kit cost just as much if not more. Options like fuel injectors, boost A pump. Tunings not even an option. So is it really any cheaper
there are lots of great options out there. if its pure price, i will do a vortech / paxton kit less expensive than any kit out there.

we will never be undersold on our package. it is the best bang for the buck.

ess makes a fine kit, very similar to the vortech/paxton and procharger.

they all can make good power,

but i will ALWAYS, get you a better price, simply call me or dm me and let me know your a member looking for the ess price beat kit

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
so it's the same as a basic procharger kit and $500 cheaper than a stage2 also paxton was only $6000 for the tuner kit and $7400 for a complete kit and this was just the first site i looked on. don't know where you are getting you're prices
again, i know you "love ess" lol.

and you keep posting my "spec" kit pricing, but i keep saying, i will always beat the ess price for members on my vortech / paxton packages. it doesn't matter what the website says. so i'm not sure why you keep saying their kit is less $. we are limited to what we can advertise at due to map polices, ess is their own company, have no dealer network, and can do wholesale to the public on line, we cannot, doesn't mean I can't do it, just can't advertise it.

I WILL never lose a sale to a lower price on a comparable setup...

OP
OP
Jackson1320

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
again, i know you "love ess" lol.

and you keep posting my "spec" kit pricing, but i keep saying, i will always beat the ess price for members on my vortech / paxton packages. it doesn't matter what the website says. so i'm not sure why you keep saying their kit is less $. we are limited to what we can advertise at due to map polices, ess is their own company, have no dealer network, and can do wholesale to the public on line, we cannot, doesn't mean I can't do it, just can't advertise it.

I WILL never lose a sale to a lower price on a comparable setup...
read this everyone. now where is ess are they saying the same thing?

Sponsored

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
dude $1000 is pennies to you so what does it matter. Beefcake runs great deals, but you can also call ess and talk to them about your goals they might be willing to work with you also.

read this everyone. now where is ess are they saying the same thing?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

cchvyd28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Is it me, or is the ESS kit just a vortec or paxton type head unit with the procharger mounting location? I remember a time when everyone complained that prochargers were breaking cranks due to the added stress from the head unit being mounted so far away. Now that his company comes around everyone forgets about it.

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
II runs off the stock crank like the paxton/ vortech kits but procharger mounting and ease of pulley change. I pretty sure the stage 1 procharger does the same.

Is it me, or is the ESS kit just a vortec or paxton type head unit with the procharger mounting location? I remember a time when everyone complained that prochargers were breaking cranks due to the added stress from the head unit being mounted so far away. Now that his company comes around everyone forgets about it.

pittzy23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
II runs off the stock crank like the paxton/ vortech kits but procharger mounting and ease of pulley change. I pretty sure the stage 1 procharger does the same.
that's why I have always been hesitant on the Stage 2 Procharger setups adding that additional length to the crank pulley potentially putting more stress on the snout (dont have proof, just seems logical in my mind). I also feel like some failures could be related to people without adequate experience reinstalling the new crank pulley incorrectly. The more stuff I can leave alone / factory installed is probably going to work out better in the long run.
Sponsored