NoahsArk117

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
Hey Everyone,

I know that this topic is all over these forums but I wanted to see where peoples mindsets were at with gas prices on the rise.

I have a 16 GT, I recently installed the Ford Performance Power Pack 2 on it a few months ago, and while that woke the car up, I am getting bit by the power bug again. I am strongly considering supercharging within the next two years but for the immediate future I have been eyeing E85 as the next step. I hear so much hype and see so many posts about E85 on these forums. I wanted to ask a few questions about the topic.

1: Is E85 really worth it on a N/A 5.0?
2: Where in the power band will you feel the difference of E85?
3: I just have Power Pack 2 (Intake, 91 Octane Tune, GT350 TB) and a Catback so what would I need to run E85?
4: What effect on reliability does E85 have, and would you recommend it to someone who daily's their car in the summer?

I understand there are dozens of posts about all of these topics on here, but fuel in general is almost double the price now vs. when those posts were made, so maybe opinions have changed?
Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Yes

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
My neighbor complains because he runs e85, but turns around and says he’d do it all over again.

he had a nasty Twin bmw running corn.

Sweetface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
YEEEEEEES !!!!

OP
OP
NoahsArk117

NoahsArk117

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
My neighbor complains because he runs e85, but turns around and says he’d do it all over again.

he had a nasty Twin bmw running corn.
That seems to be the general response I hear from people. They complain about the added hassle and cost but love the results it produces.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Yes, had to add drag radials when I got my E85 tune. So much more low/mid range power. Now I'm Supercharged on E85, and thinking of upgrading the drag radials again. Might just dial the boost back to 10 though.

OP
OP
NoahsArk117

NoahsArk117

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
Yes, had to add drag radials when I got my E85 tune. So much more low/mid range power. Now I'm Supercharged on E85, and thinking of upgrading the drag radials again. Might just dial the boost back to 10 though.
Thats awesome! When you were running E85 while N/A did you ever get it dyno tuned? I'm curious how much power is actually getting picked up on the corn.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE

jweggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does e85 present issues when running in cold climates/winter climate ?

Sponsored

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
YES. period.

I'm running +18 intake manifold, JLT intake, cat deletes, 47 lb injectors and the E85 tune from PBD... yes, 100% yes...

the only shitty part is the fuel tank range... my tank is good for about 190 miles when full lol... i don't daily the car or use it for long trips because i have other cars for that, besides that, i think E85 is totally worth it. Just check E85 availability around you and if you are planning a long trip and don't wanna deal with that issue, tune back to 93 before leaving and go back to E85 after your trip.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
May I ask what makes running E85 tougher on the gen 2 mustangs?
Gen 2s stock fuel system may not be up to the task. Gen 3s have direct and port injection and the stock fuel delivery system is up to the task of delivering the prodigious amount of E85 required - a simple tune is all that is required. I'm not an expert and I could be mistaken, but a tuner will give you the advice you need.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Thats awesome! When you were running E85 while N/A did you ever get it dyno tuned? I'm curious how much power is actually getting picked up on the corn.
Never dyno tuned on E85, but it would obliterate the 325 tires through 3 gears.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
Gen 2s stock fuel system may not be up to the task. Gen 3s have direct and port injection and the stock fuel delivery system is up to the task of delivering the prodigious amount of E85 required - a simple tune is all that is required. I'm not an expert and I could be mistaken, but a tuner will give you the advice you need.
on a gen2 you are ok is you are running your stock intake manifold, if you upgrade to +18, gt350, etc, you need bigger injectors.. that's why i needed the 47 lb ones. You don't need anything else.
Sponsored