Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Me personally I would not run more then 680 to 700 rwhp on 93,just because that one bad tank of gas is all it takes to wipe your motor out.If u wanted to turn it up.a little more you could run octanium and 93,a little more expensive but if not a dd not bad.
It’s not a DD. As a matter of fact I’m almost certain Jeff at hellion told me they like to keep them 680 or less to be safe on 93. I just remembered that. It’s been a while since I talked to him about it.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
That's why i like centrifugal set ups you get to keep most of your n/a build stuff and use it...

OP
OP
Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order

Sponsored

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
850whp is pushing the paxton past its reliable limit... It will do it but maxed out and probably not for long! Go twins IMO...

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I feel like I need to swap my headers too if I go with the Paxton. The kooks rep told me the 1 3/4 headers are rated for up to 550 and the cats are not rated for FI. I would like to go with a 1 7/8 catless setup. That’s what I should’ve done to start. I don’t have emissions where I’m at so it’s not a big deal
850 on pump gas is asking for trouble. The only way I would attempt it would be with a turbo as your overhead HP cost is substantially lower. However, even then you are playing with fire. Boosted applications require two things: Heat and detonation control.

As far as headers go...the Kooks guys is full of crap, well, at least partially. I can personally attest that 1 3/4" headers have no problem making well over 550 whp, and likely will handle a bit more. They may not be highly efficient at that level but they definitely aren't holding me back.

*Also, I think it more wise to try and build the most efficient combo possible. Instead of upping my boost and spinning the blower harder I am looking at mods that improve efficiency such as an intake, cams, lighter weight driveline components, etc.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
i would never run 850 on pump, even on built engines, i try to keep pump in the 7-750 range, the consistency, and burn just isn't there.

if you want to make big power, run the right fuel for it, e85 or race gas.

if 850 is the number on the blower side, i'd lean toward the jt-trim, the paxton can make it, but it's at the top end of the range, the paxton is a great all around blower for the average guy without plans to build an engine, for the guy wanting 750ish. i've seen cars make 1000 wheel, but i think that was on a happy dyno, 850 is about where the paxton ends

the jt is very comfortable to 1000 wheel. and would only run $400 more over our paxton setup,

the biggest difference between the turbo/blower is the turbo uses exhaust gasses to make the power, so there is no engine loss.

any power adder on these cars works well, it really comes down to what you want and driving style. we sell more blowers due to price point. if budget allows, our hellion kit is a nice setup as well. the only downside is cost on the initial purchase and on the install side. if your installing yourself, the 2nd doesn't matter, but in general we get a little over double what we get for a supercharge on install.

feel free to give me a ring with any questions or to go over the different combos

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I wish people would talk torque rather than HP. If you did you would see the difference in PD, Centri, and Turbo very easily. turbo makes more TQ because it spools down low giving you the boost earlier.

Sponsored

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
I wish people would talk torque rather than HP. If you did you would see the difference in PD, Centri, and Turbo very easily. turbo makes more TQ because it spools down low giving you the boost earlier.
Huh? pretty sure the PD blower guys would have something to say about that......

Down low a PD blower will make more until the turbos are spooled and take over.

Plus TQ also has a lot to do with cubic inches which a little 5.0 doesnt have no matter what type of FI is being used.

williada.williams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT
I have a question that I hope some of you gear heads can answer. The 1992 5.0 GT HP output was 225hp. The 2000 mustang cobra's output was 320hp.
I owned both and the power was strong and would pin you to the seat. my question is.....how is the 2017 V6 and 2018 4 cylinder turbo justas powerful? Is the thrust and power the same?:confused:

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
i would never run 850 on pump, even on built engines, i try to keep pump in the 7-750 range, the consistency, and burn just isn't there.

if you want to make big power, run the right fuel for it, e85 or race gas.

if 850 is the number on the blower side, i'd lean toward the jt-trim, the paxton can make it, but it's at the top end of the range, the paxton is a great all around blower for the average guy without plans to build an engine, for the guy wanting 750ish. i've seen cars make 1000 wheel, but i think that was on a happy dyno, 850 is about where the paxton ends

the jt is very comfortable to 1000 wheel. and would only run $400 more over our paxton setup,

the biggest difference between the turbo/blower is the turbo uses exhaust gasses to make the power, so there is no engine loss.

any power adder on these cars works well, it really comes down to what you want and driving style. we sell more blowers due to price point. if budget allows, our hellion kit is a nice setup as well. the only downside is cost on the initial purchase and on the install side. if your installing yourself, the 2nd doesn't matter, but in general we get a little over double what we get for a supercharge on install.

feel free to give me a ring with any questions or to go over the different combos

I'm in a grey zone in trying to determine which head unit I need to upgrade too:/

I know a JT-B would likely be perfect for now but I'm gonna try to have at least pistons and rods in the car by the end of this year. Thus my JT-B vs YSi dilemma. Heck I don't even know if the YSi is worth it over the JT-B and the YSi-B is just a big bitch that I don't know I can control her and keep her from throwing my shit on the porch.

I'm just going to buy a bunch of weight reduction stuff until I can get my shit together I suppose :doh:

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Huh? pretty sure the PD blower guys would have something to say about that......

Down low a PD blower will make more until the turbos are spooled and take over.

Plus TQ also has a lot to do with cubic inches which a little 5.0 doesnt have no matter what type of FI is being used.
I am a PD blower guy (Whipple) it comes on smooth but a good set of small twins or Bi-turbo will spool and make the torque better. Notice that when a turbo setup runs in its efficiency range the the torque is higher than a PD or Centri. my little 4.6 02 made 672HP and over 700Tq at the wheels with a 70MM turbo. My 17 GT with a 2.9 Gen3 Whipple makes 550+- Tq. Turbos build torque better and do not have the parasitic draw.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
I am a PD blower guy (Whipple) it comes on smooth but a good set of small twins or Bi-turbo will spool and make the torque better. Notice that when a turbo setup runs in its efficiency range the the torque is higher than a PD or Centri. my little 4.6 02 made 672HP and over 700Tq at the wheels with a 70MM turbo. My 17 GT with a 2.9 Gen3 Whipple makes 550+- Tq. Turbos build torque better and do not have the parasitic draw.
At what RPM? I HIGHLY doubt that 70MM made 700wtq under 3-3500 rpm.......

Im not talking peak whp/wtq im talking downlow like you 1st said.
Sponsored