Sponsored

Is a resonator delete too much living in an apartment?

Metz302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT.
Hey y’all, I have roush axle backs on my car, and I want it to be louder. I leave pretty early in the morning and I just recently moved into a brand new complex that is pretty empty. Is it wrong or make it louder? I don’t want to piss anyone off or get my car vandalized because of it.

Thinking x pipe. I had one when I lived with my parents and no one complained. I just decided to change it up so I threw the stock resonator back on a few months ago and it’s been since.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
You posted this because you’re concerned about upsetting your neighbors.
Good for you. Just because you posted this makes you a better person that this current world needs more of.
Think of it this way. The guy or gal who lives close to the garage who works third shift will thank you. So will the new mom who’s been up all night with a new born who finally gets a chance to fall asleep at 7 am, just in time for your cold start. Yeah, we can all do a lot of things. You can do whatever you like.
I think you already know the answer. I hope one day you have your own house, so these concerns become less for you.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You posted this because you’re concerned about upsetting your neighbors.
Good for you. Just because you posted this makes you a better person that this current world needs more of.
Think of it this way. The guy or gal who lives close to the garage who works third shift will thank you. So will the new mom who’s been up all night with a new born who finally gets a chance to fall asleep at 7 am, just in time for your cold start. Yeah, we can all do a lot of things. You can do whatever you like.
I think you already know the answer. I hope one day you have your own house, so these concerns become less for you.
Nailed it. :clap::clap::like:

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
@Metz302 I recommend active exhaust. I think its the best of both worlds, I flip mine to quiet late at night and in the morning. To keep neighbors happy and cops away. I think the feature I like the best about my car is the active exhaust, what an amazing invention!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I think Roush makes a nice aftermarket active exhaust kit.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hey y’all, I have roush axle backs on my car, and I want it to be louder. I leave pretty early in the morning and I just recently moved into a brand new complex that is pretty empty. Is it wrong or make it louder? I don’t want to piss anyone off or get my car vandalized because of it.

Thinking x pipe. I had one when I lived with my parents and no one complained. I just decided to change it up so I threw the stock resonator back on a few months ago and it’s been since.
Checkout post #22 here. This may be an inexpensive option for you.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/loud-cold-start-solutions.121232/page-2

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I have Roush ABs and an H pipe, sounds perfect to me but I have no neighbours, definitely too loud on cold start for where you are unfortunately

OP
OP

Metz302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT.
@Metz302 I recommend active exhaust. I think its the best of both worlds, I flip mine to quiet late at night and in the morning. To keep neighbors happy and cops away. I think the feature I like the best about my car is the active exhaust, what an amazing invention!
I would definitely like to look into this. I have a 2017 so we didn’t get active exhaust unfortunately so something I’d have to add myself. I’d love it though.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase

I'm running Roush axle backs with an X pipe and it's loud, especially cold starts. I put the resonator section back on when I need a break. Your neighbors will get used to it.
Screenshot_20230926_181538_Gallery.jpg

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
x-pipe + roush axle back is going to be really loud for an apartment sadly.

I had an x-pipe + stock active exhaust, and tweaked the valve positions so that in the normal driving/startup modes the volume was barely more than stock. Switching to track let the thing scream. I have headers now, with the stock resonator and still use the decreased valve positions. Its a nice setup.

If you don't have an active exhaust, you'll have no way to quiet down the cold start and it will be very loud.

OP
OP

Metz302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT.
It will be too much imo. Those roush axle backs are already ridiculous, they hardly do anything for muffling lol
Are they really that loud? I feel like my roush axle backs are pretty tame. Then again the sound deadening great.
Sponsored