Sponsored

Irresponsible driving = crashed Shelby

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
You guys are all skipping some of the juiciest parts:

3) You gotta love this new generation. And I cringe writing that because it means I'm an old person. Only in this new version of America with social media and "influencers" (don't even get me started that our society is so malignant that a person can actually have a job as an "influencer"), instead of saying "hey man, please don't post that, it's really embarrassing and I'm lucky I didn't hurt myself or someone else" the idea is to post it up in the hopes of gaining clicks and money (to obviously fuel the campaign to go do more stupid shit). I guess self respect takes a backseat to attention and youtube revenue.
Sadly this isn't just a generational thing, you could say that 10 years ago but its not anymore unfortunately. The new kids are just inundated by it. Its hard to say that its just the new generation when we have people like the president that is grandfather age and uses Twitter all the time. Im only in my 20s and I don't have any social media and I don't even know how to use it, but there are many people that are older than me that have a whole bunch of social media accounts and make a whole bunch of posts. It is weird and awkward, I never liked Facebook or Myspace when it came out. I actually failed the computer iteration test at my college because it had so many questions about the different social media platforms lol

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
1605379414190.png

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
If video cameras were the normal when i was a kid, you'd bet that i'd have videos of some masterful driving. lol

Sponsored

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
I will go out on a limb and say looks like a pair born just past 1990 still living at home sucking on moms tit and still not paying rent. the car will get fixed and traded in for the next thrash. and some hard working guy will buy it thinking he got a great deal on a low mileage car. carfax can only tell you what was reported. I was in the market for a foxbody coupe I found what looked to be a clean title car ran the vin through carfax it came back clean no accidents ect... I drive out to look at the car and the whole front end was smashed in and poorly fixed and painted

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
As long as there has been fast cars around..
Also been Parents and grandparents around willing to foot the bill's for idiot offspring they love.. even if its letting them just mooch to use all their $$ to pay for a car like this.

I suppose its not entirely their fault. Somebody paying the tab in some capacity in thier life is likely the 1 setting either a real,
or subconscious, example,
of how you are allowed to behave,
& shelled out the cash to pay for enuff stuff to get them to this point somehow.

I used to think my old man hated me cuz so many of my friends got cool chit growing up..
& I didnt get really anything more than socks & underwear under the tree most yrs. W/a birthday so close to xmas I was told i got my gift on the 25th already. Went to a lot of B-day partys. Never had 1.

He's been gone since '87.. I had to pay for everything I had wanted in life. Including braces & my 1st pair eye glasses I needed since probably 4th grade. Both as an adult.
Glasses were cheap. Braces not so much.

Now I understand why he gav my sisters quite a bit... & us boys rarely nuthin.

Just sucks when ur too stupid ( cuz ur young) to realize ur father doesn't hate u.

He just doesn't want you behaving like this video'd example.
whether its the car owner, or the
"well, u gotta send it" guy w/camera in hand.

The SEND IT GENERATION @ their BEST.
Thx dad.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
As long as there has been fast cars around..
Also been Parents and grandparents around willing to foot the bill's for idiot offspring they love.. even if its letting them just mooch to use all their $$ to pay for a car like this.

I suppose its not entirely their fault. Somebody paying the tab in some capacity in thier life is likely the 1 setting either a real,
or subconscious, example,
of how you are allowed to behave,
& shelled out the cash to pay for enuff stuff to get them to this point somehow.

I used to think my old man hated me cuz so many of my friends got cool chit growing up..
& I didnt get really anything more than socks & underwear under the tree most yrs. W/a birthday so close to xmas I was told i got my gift on the 25th already. Went to a lot of B-day partys. Never had 1.

He's been gone since '87.. I had to pay for everything I had wanted in life. Including braces & my 1st pair eye glasses I needed since probably 4th grade. Both as an adult.
Glasses were cheap. Braces not so much.

Now I understand why he gav my sisters quite a bit... & us boys rarely nuthin.

Just sucks when ur too stupid ( cuz ur young) to realize ur father doesn't hate u.

He just doesn't want you behaving like this video'd example.
whether its the car owner, or the
"well, u gotta send it" guy w/camera in hand.

The SEND IT GENERATION @ their BEST.
Thx dad.
That young and inexperienced driver's do dumb isht isn't new. What IS new is that the amount of power that's not just attainable by so many more but common is what's new.

Up until 2000, the highest large production car sold was a dodge viper GTS with 460 hp. That car was fairly out of reach for most "kids" or inexperienced drivers. And generally speaking, if you were the kind of person that COULD own a viper, you at least had enough sense and concern to not hoon it like a naive teenager (or at least most people).

In 2003, when Ford released the SVT Cobra, it was a darling street car and even heavily modified would end up with 600-700 rwhp, at the time, a truly monstrous street build. Again, that was pretty uncommon.

Fast forward to today where a 460 hp car is WIDELY available and WIDELY owned by countless people, many of whom aren't car enthusiasts who built it up and went through the experience of getting to know higher hp/torque.

Also add in more recording devices a society bent on attention and clicks and what you end up with is an endless stream of wrecks and accidents.

Teenagers were teenagers, but it takes a LOT of hooning and bad driving to get a 265 hp mustang GT completely out of control.

Modern cars (like the one in the video) it doesn't take much of an error to get a 526 hp car (with 429 ft-lbs of torque) sideways and out of control.

Some things are timeless (like young people doing dumb shit) but I'm afraid it's a different story when the conditions and tools available today were very rare and difficult to obtain 20 years ago.

They have jet ski's now that barely modified will do 80 mph. An 80 mph jet ski in 2000 would have probably been near a world record.

They have motorcycles today with more power than cars had 20 years ago, that will zip to 200 mph in a blink of an eye.

Christ, they have RC cars that do 200 mph now.

Kids will always be kids. But it sure does make things worse and more common when "kids" are able to get their hands on what would have been very high end/limited toys just a couple of decades ago.

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
We had 350hp & 425hp cars when I was in High school..
I didnt. My close friend had the LT1 vette that was 350hp 4 sp close ratio.
& before we were old enuff to drink we were showing his fully restored 425hp Big blk 396 @ Bloominton.
Several vette enthusiasts were cops & wondering how the phuck to kids under 20 were on the front row w/a car like that.

He was driving a dump trk loaded w/10 ton rock outta the big hill in 'Mammoth Quarry' @16,
& I was working in construction @80 hrs a week as a Junior in HS.

We didnt hav the tires ior suspension these cars hav today or tgat Viper even.

No offense. But being young usually means u really end up talkin out ur arse.
Like these 2 idiots in video.

U can "carry that water" u speak if.
But ur buckets
wont hold any of it... in the weak bottoms...
Its a metaphor ...
We had those in 60s & 70s too...metaphors & hp/Torque.

along w/really bad suspension's compared to late 70s Trans Ams..

and had 429s
(Thats a big block Ford Eng..lol)

w/500 lb ft of torque (498 actually) w/a stk 4 barrel intake eng that wasnt even a Cobra jet..much less anything better like a P.I. or the limit Boss 429 which Ive raced extensively in the 80s/90s.

Lmao...

Ok.. ur right .
we didn't hav any hp and had great handling cars bk then.... Roflmao

Kids... 🤷

Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
& before we were old enuff to drink we were showing his fully restored 425hp Big blk 396 @ Bloominton.
Several vette enthusiasts were cops & wondering how the phuck to kids under 20 were on the front row w/a car like that.

He was driving a dump trk loaded w/10 ton rock outta the big hill in 'Mammoth Quarry' @16,

But ur buckets
Its a metaphor ...

and had 429s

w/500 lb ft of torque (498 actually) w/a stk 4 barrel intake eng that wasnt even a Cobra jet..much less anything better like a P.I. or the limit Boss 429 which Ive raced extensively in the 80s/90s.

Lmao...

Ok.. ur right .

Kids... 🤷

Lol, 429 was a 13 second car, trapped just over a 100.

Nothing like the cars we have today.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Do dumb shit on a road with other people, have a mate video it, it gets posted on here = get flamed.

Do dumb shit, go 300+ ft down a canyon, have the recovery company video it, it gets posted on here = get flamed.

Common theme = do dumb shit, get found out = get flamed :cwl: :cwl: :cwl:

WD :like:

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

But ur buckets
Its a metaphor ...

and had 429s

Lmao...

Ok.. ur right .

Kids... 🤷
Kids now can buy all you just described and not have to lift a wrench. Are you seriously gonna sit there and make a case that cars today don't come WAY WAY better than they did off the showroom floor 20 years ago?

I bought my first mustang in 1999 and it made 265 hp. 3 years later they released the vaunted 2003 terminator which had 390 and 390 (so less power and about the same torque as a gen II coyote).

in my 99 2 valve, I did a procharger, port and polish, cams, intake, the works and the car made about 500 to the wheels.

The point is, I didn't say no one had power 20 years ago, I said that it took effort and wasn't as available as it is today. A kid can walk with mommy and daddy and buy a bullitt and have 480 hp and 400 ft-lbs of torque without even changing the filter.

Given that chassis and traction haven't commensurately improved to keep up with all the new/easy power, it's a recipe for dumb kids = crash.

SeattleDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
75% of the fastest domestic sports cars ever built were purchased by some jackwagon that turned it into a telephone pole coozie within two weeks of purchase.

It’s not necessarily a bad thing. Just think of all the parts this guy will be donating to the junk yard for us. Besides, the more they wreck, the more mine is worth 😉
Sponsored

Last edited: