iPhone 6 Plus

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
about the music issue with BT & sync, i usually tend to clear the apps running in the background of my iphone .. sync music playback seems to work great as long as i dont "end the task" for the app that is playing the music from my iphone to the car
Sponsored

gzstang

Who's stang? It's gzstang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/performance pack
Vehicle Showcase
44829 Various SYNC Equipped Vehicles – Apple iOS 8 and or iPhone 6 Functional Issues
Some customers with SYNC equipped vehicles may experience Bluetooth connectivity issues after upgrading to Apple iOS 8/8.01/8.02 or using an iPhone 6 with SYNC. This is not a SYNC hardware or software concern. Apple advised that release iOS 8.1 resolved Bluetooth connectivity issues. Please direct customers to update to Apple iOS 8.1 or later. If this doesn’t resolve customer connectivity concerns, direct customer to the following Apple support URL: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht6473.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 20-NOVEMBER-2014

K-Loader

Dan
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT/PP/10A Crimson
Simply re-boot your iPhone. It should fix the pairing problem.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
OP
OP
B-52 Jetman

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
Hey guys, turned off the Bluetooth, re-booted the phone & it works! Thanks for all the help...very much appreciated!

Sponsored

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
It's an iPhone 6 problem. They've been having similar issues across the board with vehicle infotainment.

Give it a few weeks and Apple will probably take care of all the bugs.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
It's an iPhone 6 problem. They've been having similar issues across the board with vehicle infotainment.

Yah Apple is usually good with these things

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Something crazy happened to me tonight with my iPhone6, every time I scanned my finger to unlock the phone, it would automatically dial the phone to make a phone call. Other than that, I have had no issues with the phone and the infotainment until tonight.

Sponsored
OP
OP
B-52 Jetman

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
If you think about it...it's a compatibility issue. Who makes the software for Sync? Um, yeah, that's right...Microsoft. Who's Microsoft's main competitor? Apple/Mac. Sync has been one of the major complaints from Ford buyers for years now...that's why Ford dumped Microsoft as of a couple months a go. Apparently Blackberry has picked up the contract...we'll see how that goes!

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
If you think about it...it's a compatibility issue. Who makes the software for Sync? Um, yeah, that's right...Microsoft. Who's Microsoft's main competitor? Apple/Mac. Sync has been one of the major complaints from Ford buyers for years now...that's why Ford dumped Microsoft as of a couple months a go. Apparently Blackberry has picked up the contract...we'll see how that goes!
Actually it really has nothing to do with that. It has more to do with the lack of phone-car connectivity protocols when the original MFT was released. Also, you still have to appreciate that this specific iphone has had a lot of problems across the board (even with the system that GM and Chrysler share).

Eitherway, as someone who's seen Sync Gen 3, I can tell you it's a lot more responsive, and there's future features coming down the road to make transfering information much easier - but you should still take note that until everyone agrees on a standard, it won't be perfect.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
So are the pandora issues resolved?
what were the pandora issues? my waze/pandora works flawlessly through my base GT sync system over bluetooth.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Mine paired fine and works as Bluetooth phone/nav etc but 50% of the time music streaming through Bluetooth won't work...very frustrating as that is my primary music choice
Confirmed this works. A little annoying though as if my phone is in my bag I have to press pause and then play for music or GPS sound to come out of speakers
I wish...I have to hit pause and play 80% of the time now

what were the pandora issues? my waze/pandora works flawlessly through my base GT sync system over bluetooth.
Sounds like it's sort of resolved-->:shrug:

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
i have not had any issues with my phone, music, pandora from my iphone 6 to my SYNC over bluetooth or with the USB.

with my previous iPhone (4s) i only had issues using the phone feature, where i could place the call but the car would disconnect, leaving the call just on the phone. it was weird.

I am glad, however, that the iPhones messaging is not compatible with SYNC. last thing i need is to have people distracted with texting through their MFT.... LOL
Sponsored