GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
I am glad, however, that the iPhones messaging is not compatible with SYNC. last thing i need is to have people distracted with texting through their MFT.... LOL
Yeah I was bummed it didn't support that, but you make a good point! :cheers:
Sponsored

Scott in Houston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Track Package
i have not had any issues with my phone, music, pandora from my iphone 6 to my SYNC over bluetooth or with the USB.

with my previous iPhone (4s) i only had issues using the phone feature, where i could place the call but the car would disconnect, leaving the call just on the phone. it was weird.

I am glad, however, that the iPhones messaging is not compatible with SYNC. last thing i need is to have people distracted with texting through their MFT.... LOL
I don't own my car yet (scheduled for Feb 14th… happy Valentines Day to me!).
But I thought I had read some posts and articles saying they got it to work? Like this one:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/how-to-allow-ios-text-messaging-sync-myford-touch

is this not the case?

Brownw01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
i have not had any issues with my phone, music, pandora from my iphone 6 to my SYNC over bluetooth or with the USB.

with my previous iPhone (4s) i only had issues using the phone feature, where i could place the call but the car would disconnect, leaving the call just on the phone. it was weird.

Messaging works, you just have to turn it on.

When you receive a text message it will read it to you.

I do this everyday. No issues.

Note: when you listen and it's nothing there, it's either a picture or an emoji.

We do this with both the 5 and 6.

Scott in Houston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Track Package

Note: when you listen and it's nothing there, it's either a picture or an emoji.

Can you elaborate the "turning it on"? When I've played with it in a dealer's car, it gave me a "not compatible with this phone" message.

Sponsored

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible

Huh...I couldn't get it to work either. I don't have my car right now (dropped off to get clear bra put on) so I will have to try it when I get her back.

According to Ford Sync's website, here's what it shows or iPhone 6 (same for 6 plus) :confused: Shows the same for the 4 big carriers too, except Sprint shows you cannot do "join calls" with them for whatever reason.
iphone-sync.JPG

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Mine iphone 6 works and actually used it first time today...pretty nifty

r123070

r123070
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP / 11 V6
I was able to SYNC with no problem, was kind of irritated that the text messaging wasn't going to work. Found that out the hard way.

Sponsored