Sponsored

Introducing the All-Electric Mustang Cobra Jet 1400 Dragster, Capable of 8 Second Quarter Mile

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
The blue goose is still faster haha

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack

themedsterr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - Rapid Red
I wish there was a dislike button, how the tf Is an 8 sec car boring? Have you ever felt the launch in a Tesla? There's absolutely nothing boring about it, different yes. Boring absolutely not.
I've got a Model 3 Performance and it is super fast (nothing close to this), but it doesn't feel anything CLOSE to my GT500. The best way to put it is it has no soul.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I have seen the future of our sport...

CVcashmere

Sponsored

sculptor310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
I've got a Model 3 Performance and it is super fast (nothing close to this), but it doesn't feel anything CLOSE to my GT500. The best way to put it is it has no soul.
Would be very interested in hearing more about this comparison. (I've considered swapping my Whipple '15 for the M3P)

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Like adult sized HO AFX slot cars...!

Electric will require G suits and make top fuel look like silly firecrackers in the end. It is what it will be... Lol.

AwD 50,000 hp...instant 75,000 torque.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Say what you want electric is going to kill off a huge part of the car enthusiast life and when the self driving cars take the road it will kill off even more.

The car scene was and as of still now about who has what under the hood, getting your hands dirty adding boost, changing headers, putting different fuel injectors in or adding different type of fuel. etc and etc. Now all it is going to come down to is tires, how many unicorns you put on your wrap and how many batteries you are going to put in your car, if that appeals to you fine by all means go for it but don't expect others to follow suit. Just be careful throwing stones in glass houses. Sometimes it's more than just trying to get to lightspeed, part of the fun is trying to get there with a mechanical engine and yeah stuff breaks down because it can't handle the horsepower or torque and it cost money to fix I understand that too. But that is the price of a car enthusiast and sometimes part of the fun figuring out for some.

Call me old fashion at 32 but I love the sound of my car every time I start it up nothing can take that away and nothing compares and it brings back child hood memories of my dads 1998 Trans Am that a electric car will never be able to. I'll probably get heat for this but oh well such is life.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Quartz watches are the best no matter how you look at them. Unmatched accuracy, no maintenance, no sensitivity to shocks or magnets or whatnot... Technically speaking, they're everything you could possibly want.
And yet mine is sitting at the bottom of a drawer, while I wear instead a 40 year old mechanical Seiko, which must be adjusted every three or four days, must be worn permanently otherwise it stops, must not be subjected to shocks or to magnetic fields, and must be sent for check-up and maintenance every two to three years.
It's a lot of trouble, and its accuracy is not even on par with the cheapest plastic toy watches that you find in cereal boxes. But accuracy isn't everything. Soul is.

A 10,000 HP vacuum cleaner with windscreen wipers, which accelerates from 0 to 60 in five milliseconds? Well, yeah, it sounds awesome. I'm sure it also feels awesome. I'm sure it's better than a car in every measurable way. But I'll take the car, thank you.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Battery tech is only real hold back on this electric phase.
Yep. I guess charging too, much better batteries will solve some of that, but it's also some question of charging infrastructure.

I also don't think I'd own a Tesla ... because fuck that guy.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Actually the batteries would probably overheat after two runs or so. EVs needs vast amount of cooling capabilities, and I doubt for a drag car they did much for it. The batteries get really hot. That’s why Tesla’s Models Ss overheat after about two laps of track use, but the Taycan does not. Porsche put some money into the battery cooling systems.
Sponsored