Sponsored

Introducing the All-Electric Mustang Cobra Jet 1400 Dragster, Capable of 8 Second Quarter Mile

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
No SOUND, no smell, just whine, boring.
Yup! Suuuuuuper boring when all the torque kicks in the moment the pedal is pressed and pins you into your seat and damn near slips the atlas out of your skull and spinal cord. SOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOORING rocketing to 60mph in the blink of an eye and hitting a 1/4 mile in 8-seconds!!! THE MOST BORING THING EVER
Sponsored

Templarum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT
I appreciate the technology and engineering, but in the end it seems like a glorified slot car. On/off. I/O.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I appreciate the hardcore drag racers here that dislike this thing however, I implore you all to test drive a Tesla Model S. The motor whine is actually closer to a supercharger whine and the things screams! Most fun I've had on 4 wheels? No. But it's not as bad as you may think, wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. All my gripes revolved around the interior.

Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
To produce this kind of power for even a full minute takes about 18 KWH, a Tesla 3 can have almost 4x that much so it really doesn't take a large battery to make an 8 second pass. Electric motors can be run at 10x (and more) normal power for a short time before they overheat.
It's cool technology and could be used to get a 40 mpg 1.4 liter Mustang to still make sub 10 second 1/4 mile passes.

Last edited:

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I appreciate the hardcore drag racers here that dislike this thing however, I implore you all to test drive a Tesla Model S. The motor whine is actually closer to a supercharger whine and the things screams! Most fun I've had on 4 wheels? No. But it's not as bad as you may think, wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. All my gripes revolved around the interior.
Well, if I got to choose between this or one of the gasser versions, I don't think it would take me long to choose.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
I could've sworn there was a gear change.......
EVs can have multiple gears...believe the Porsche Taycan has two gears.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Sponsored

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Just bring it to a coupe production platform ... this is what Ford should have done instead of that sorry ass abomination MACHE.
No doubt this is the next step in marketing a fully electric Mustang. Of course we are headed to an all electric Mustang , like it or not. Ford was getting the practical people on board before the enthusiasts. Since the Neanderthal Trolls couldn't see the potential in the Mach-e (as applied to a Mustang), Ford needed to spell it out in simple obvious ways, like the 1400. I'm willing to bet a production reveal is not far off.

GoranRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Goran
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Race Red EcoBoost Premium
I'd love to see the name FORD, furthermore "MUSTANG" as the car that competes with the long-anticipated Tesla Roadster. Good shit!

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
EVs can have multiple gears...believe the Porsche Taycan has two gears.
Yep. Taycan has a 2 speed gearbox. The second gear is used for higher speeds meaning most of the time in city driving, the card does not use gear 2.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
So my question is “how much battery can you put in a S550 and how fast would it go?
I think Ford is getting everyone used to the idea of an electric Mustang but that a full electric coupe is still a few years off. Hybrids are coming (obviously) but I do not think the Mustang will go all electric in the S550/650 chassis. That does not rule out a coupe based on the Mach E platform sooner then S750 though.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Now I don't know about drag racing today's cars. But back in my race days, when you were barreling down the track on a 9 second run, the last thing you thought about was how cool it sounded! The only sound you listened for was something blowing up! If you didn't hear that sound you were grateful as hell. I am hearing impaired now, so if sound was the only thing I paid attention to, I guess I'd always be bored.
Sponsored