Sponsored

Introducing the All-Electric Mustang Cobra Jet 1400 Dragster, Capable of 8 Second Quarter Mile

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
It is a sad day that a dragster is all electric. Why would I want to f@ck a girl with a vibrator when I got a dick?
Nice job this time around boys. We made it all the way to page 4 before bringing up our units when discussing Gas vs Electric. Not bad.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Nice job this time around boys. We made it all the way to page 4 before bringing up our units when discussing Gas vs Electric. Not bad.
Now that's funny right there.

I went to the range yesterday for a cup of coffee and to chat with some of the guys there. At one point I looked out the door and saw a Mustang parked next to my truck, but couldn't tell much about it. Later on when I left, I thought, "Oh boy, I get to check out the mustang". To my horror, when I got up to my truck, the Mustang had turned into a "TESLA". It was even the same color. What a boring looking car.

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350, 57-tbird, 61 Galaxie, 2014 Wrangler unlimited rubicon, and a 1999 F150
interesting to see that AEM logo on the side.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Thanks for those cool pics!!!

I can’t wait for a production S550 or S650 that will slaughter anything on the street with a similar setup as the CJ...

Unfortunately it is the future direction most Manufacturers are going - and honestly, that CJ is the route Ford should have gone BEFORE introducing that abomination of a SUV and tagging the Mustang name to it....

Had Ford introduced an S550 with a killer electric platform like that CJ, it would have sold out quicker and faster than any Mustang in the history of Ford. But Laurel and Hardy decided that plugging a modified Ford Escape on a VW platform and calling it a Mustang was going to benefit Ford...

LOL.

Again, thanks for the CJ pics - that’s really a wild platform and can’t wait to see what else comes along.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised the motor is carried so high. I guess there's a big reduction gear for the trans mounted below it instead of driving it in-line. I'm picturing in my mind those Mabuchi motors in the model cars we used to buy back in the 80's.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
For those who are really interested in the technology, check out Cascadia Motion's website. Their dual-stack motor (looks just like what is in the Mustang) is capable of about 700 kW, a couple of these would provide enough for what Ford is claiming. The inverters are also Cascadia units. I doubt Ford will learn much from this that can be applied to a production EV but it sure is a great marketing tool!

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
How does this look any different from a regular cobra jet? Are you just hating for the sake of it?

2018-mustang-cobra-jet-102-1534439684.jpg
Can't speak for him but I know regular cobra jet sounds like T-Rex from Jurassic Park with hair on its chest, as apposed to golfer driving to a sand pit to get to his golf ball to hit a par 5.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
I would love to see any person on this entire forum control a supposed 1400HP vehicle and say it's like an electric train and "boring". Hell most people here including myself can't probably even handle a supercharged Mustang.
Well I never said it is boring so again I am not speaking for the guy. I also would never want to own that car and if I were given it I would sell it for something else, even if it does have less horsepower. I don't like electric cars nor will I ever just my preferred taste. I don't think anyone is arguing about how fast they are they are arguing about what is in it to make it fast. As I said before if you like electric by all means go for it but don't Karen over it and expect other people to enjoy what you enjoy.
Sponsored