Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang (DIB 2.3T w/ Ceramic Int.)
Introduction

Hey everyone,

I have been reading this forum for a few months now. I decided I'd go ahead and join in on the fun! I am a 24 year old dude who has been really wanting to buy a RWD coupe for a while now. I won't be in the position to buy for about another year (paying off student loans). However, this is perfect timing for the new mustang!

I have always liked mustangs. I first took notice of them back in the late 90's, and I have liked them basically ever since. I wasn't crazy about the 2005 body, but I thought it was cool that they went retro. I liked the 2010 refresh, but I wouldn't have anything older than a 2011 because of the new engines offered. Though I like the current look, I don't think I would buy one. No disrespect to those of you who own them. They are really awesome cars, but I want a bit more of a modern look. So the redesign gets me really excited. I suppose I'm the target demographic that Ford is hoping to reach.

I currently have an F-150 I use mostly for work. I hope to get something a bit better on gas and more importantly more fun to drive for the rest of the time. I'm not absolutely set on a Mustang, but it is a real contender. I am really excited to see what Ford has to offer, and like the rest of you I have been eating up every little bit of information I can get!
Sponsored

groundnpounder

Welcome Allerick. I think there's probably lots of lurkers here in the same position as you... just watching, waiting, and planning :)

I'm always curious about this - what other cars are you possibly considering when you buy your car in a year?

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang (DIB 2.3T w/ Ceramic Int.)
Thanks for the welcome groundnpounder. There are several other cars on the market that have caught my eye. I will probably catch some heat for this (some may call me a "ricer" or whatever), but I really like the Scion FR-S. I know it is on the total opposite end of the spectrum from the Mustang. It is low power, lightweight, and a very good handling vehicle. I'm really not the sort of person that hates other sports cars. The fact is that I love performance cars. They come in all shapes and sizes, and they have different strengths and weaknesses. At the end of the day, they all serve the same purpose. I want something that is fun to drive. I want to smile when I see it and smile even more when I drive it.

So with that said here are a few other cars I'm considering: Scion FR-S, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Nissan 370 Z (prob used), and maybe a Subaru WRX (I know it is neither a coupe nor a RWD car). I like the Genesis coupe in some ways, but the current styling isn't my cup of tea. I would probably wait for a reboot on that as well. The same is true with the WRX. I know they have a new one right around the corner. I loved the look of the concept, but I doubt it will look close to that at all. So yeah, those are a few I'm interested in.

One of my hopes for the new mustang is a better driving position and interior. When I got in the FR-S I felt like I was in a sporty car. The Mustang didn't really scream performance vehicle (that is until I put the pedal down). It felt large and the layout didn't feel right to me.

K.Lysius

Thanks for the welcome groundnpounder. There are several other cars on the market that have caught my eye. I will probably catch some heat for this (some may call me a "ricer" or whatever), but I really like the Scion FR-S. I know it is on the total opposite end of the spectrum from the Mustang. It is low power, lightweight, and a very good handling vehicle. I'm really not the sort of person that hates other sports cars. The fact is that I love performance cars. They come in all shapes and sizes, and they have different strengths and weaknesses. At the end of the day, they all serve the same purpose. I want something that is fun to drive. I want to smile when I see it and smile even more when I drive it.

So with that said here are a few other cars I'm considering: Scion FR-S, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Nissan 370 Z (prob used), and maybe a Subaru WRX (I know it is neither a coupe nor a RWD car). I like the Genesis coupe in some ways, but the current styling isn't my cup of tea. I would probably wait for a reboot on that as well. The same is true with the WRX. I know they have a new one right around the corner. I loved the look of the concept, but I doubt it will look close to that at all. So yeah, those are a few I'm interested in.
Only one American car out of your potential list, so you know what your choice should be ;) Just kidding.

Those are all great cars. Curious in the FR-S myself. It represents a new and hopefully future way of building sports cars, by keeping the weight and size down and turning up the handling/fun factor.

Sponsored

BigEasyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
What's going on everyone, I'm Brett from New Orleans. Currently drive a 2007 Honda Civic Si until I finish up with engineering next year. I've been following all the news on the next gen mustang and it's top of my list on cars to buy after college. Here's a few pictures of my car, kept it nice and simple:

Mods:
Mini H1 5000k headlight retrofit
3000k Foglight retrofit with maxima projectors (not shown)
Coilovers
Bolt-ons
etc.

65Stang

65 Stang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 mustang, 1965 mustang, 2014 focus st
Hey All, Name is Brian and from San Diego, I have a 1965 Mustang coupe and also a 2013 Mustang, been following these forums for a few months now and enjoy every minute. Very tempted on what to purchase next, either new '15 Mustang or just spend lots more on my '65 and drive that daily.

NRMStand

Welcome guys!

65Stang, let's see that '65 coupe! Curious why would you DD your '65 and not the '13? Whatever you do, the '13 can go but the '65 must stay. :thumbsup:

65Stang

65 Stang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 mustang, 1965 mustang, 2014 focus st
NRMstand, there is a picture of the 65 in my profile I cant figure out how to put it on here, if I dont like the '15 my gf would drive the '13 once her lease is up on her current car

StudioMustangFrontGrabber3Q.jpg
user1767_pic25_1376183544.jpg

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
NRMstand, there is a picture of the 65 in my profile I cant figure out how to put it on here, if I dont like the '15 my gf would drive the '13 once her lease is up on her current car
Welcome to the site Brian!

I've taken the liberty of posting the '65 from your profile photo album.

She's a beaut!

Sponsored