Sponsored

Interior - seats

DBCooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
They should allow any interior/exterior combination. Enough of this bullshit of only black with light blue exterior.
But isn't this staying with Ford tradition? "You can have any color you want, as long as its black" - Henry :ford:
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The standard seats in the 15 looks like they have much better support and don't make the Recaros a got to have anymore.

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
Like todays car it will have standard cloth...cloth Recaro...standard leather...leather Recaro...Upgraded leather.

Upgrades are Black, Mustang Saddle and Ceramic...(see 2014 Fusion Titanium Upgrade) in the same design as saddle...so black w/ceramic inserts.

So your sources are telling you red leather will not return?

OP
OP
BLITZM

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA
I'd love Recaros, but the "tombstone" design with the integrated headrest are a bit dominating, in my opinion.
I quite like the harness holes in the seats :headbang:.
My R33 and R35 GT-R's had those type of seats, with harness holes, and I never found them dominating, but I also never sat in the back, true.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Ah you see, that's my problem.............I often take my two kids out in the 'Stang so don't want them to feel hemmed in :)

Also, the lack of a memory function on my '05 is a REAL pain, as it's seems to take an age to get comfortable again, once I've let the kids in/out :tsk:

Sponsored

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
Ah you see, that's my problem.............I often take my two kids out in the 'Stang so don't want them to feel hemmed in :)

Also, the lack of a memory function on my '05 is a REAL pain, as it's seems to take an age to get comfortable again, once I've let the kids in/out :tsk:
Damn kids power memory seats mean nothing to me as no one else drives any of my cars and very very very rarely does anyone even sit in the back seat.

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport

I don't know why powered seats are even offered without memory.

I would also like cloth inserts in my leather seats, since that grips better. With the poor bolstering and leather seats in my Speed, the passenger goes flying and I am only held in because I'm holding the wheel.

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Leather Recaros

Here are shots of the leather Recaros shown in the Triple Yellow GT at the Detroit show.

2015 Ford Mustang GT 50th Anniversary Edition 2.jpg

2015 Ford Mustang GT 50th Anniversary Edition1.jpg

2015 Ford Mustang GT 50th Anniversary Edition12.jpg

louvr.jpg

loov.jpg

The Recaros (cloth or leather) will NOT have the heated/cooled seat function.

The buttons were shown on some of the vehicles because they are pre-production.

We confirmed this with Ford's Mustang Marketing Manager, Melanie Banker.
2015 mustang leather recaros-5.jpg
2015 mustang leather recaros-2.jpg
2015 mustang leather recaros-3.jpg
2015 mustang leather recaros-4.jpg
2015 mustang leather recaros.jpg

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
Here are shots of the leather Recaros shown in the Triple Yellow GT at the Detroit show.

The Recaros (cloth or leather) will NOT have the heated/cooled seat function.

The buttons were shown on some of the vehicles because they are pre-production.

We confirmed this with Ford's Mustang Marketing Manager, Melanie Banker.
BOOOOOO I was all excited seeing the heated and cooled Recaro seats in the Yellow GT.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Boooo indeed. I don't mind the cooling missing but if you seriously want to compete with Audi or BMW not even offering something as simple as seat heating is a major mistake.

Sponsored

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
What is Ford thinking? :shocked: Are they THAT cheap they can't offer heated/cooled Recaro's??? What, an extra $25 per seat cost to do that? No, they want to drive most people away from the Recaros and into their FORD seats; besides it's probably a supply chain logistics nightmare to deal with the Recaro's.

Jarstang - please ask Dave Pericak or whomever has authority there WHY no heated/cooled/power Recaro's?? :hail:

MadMoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stuff
So the focus and fiesta get heated recaros but the mustang doesn't? Seems legit. Doesn't matter to me too much, the recaros are so amazing ill gladly give up heated/cooled.

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
the recaros aren't even power, clearly for a select group of enthusiasts, so i think its a stretch to expect for to offer the up level (and heavier) comfort features on them. i couldn't see paying whatever the heat/cooled package will cost $2K? maybe for seats that aren't even power. on top of the recaro extra cost

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
the recaros aren't even power, clearly for a select group of enthusiasts, so i think its a stretch to expect for to offer the up level (and heavier) comfort features on them. i couldn't see paying whatever the heat/cooled package will cost $2K? maybe for seats that aren't even power. on top of the recaro extra cost
Why do you need a heavy motor for power seats in a Mustang? I don't see the need for power seats but then again I don't have other people driving my vehicles. The power moving seats in my Raptor are annoying sometimes. They don't always return to where they need to be. Now the heated part of them are amazing. To me in a Mustang I'd rather have cooled than heated as I don't plan to drive it much when its cold. I'd much rather spend the money to have a supportive comfortable heated and cooled seat over power seats any day. So i guess the question will be again how much support will be in the stock ford seats.

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
Why do you need a heavy motor for power seats in a Mustang? I don't see the need for power seats but then again I don't have other people driving my vehicles. The power moving seats in my Raptor are annoying sometimes. They don't always return to where they need to be. Now the heated part of them are amazing. To me in a Mustang I'd rather have cooled than heated as I don't plan to drive it much when its cold. I'd much rather spend the money to have a supportive comfortable heated and cooled seat over power seats any day. So i guess the question will be again how much support will be in the stock ford seats.
I dont think the recaros should necessarily be power, especially with the improvement on the standard seat design that (based on looking at them) should be supportive for most spirited driving. however i would think the same person who wants the extra support of the recaros would want to save weight by not having the power motors and would also want to save the weight on the heating elements and much heavier cooling elements. point is for the majority for customers i would expect the ppl checking the heat/cooled box to also want power memory. and the people checking the recaro box to not want any of it. there are of course exceptions

i love memory power seats, you never know when you have to move the seat for putting ppl or stuff in the back seat, letting a friend or family member drive the car, etc. probably not as much of a problem with a truck, or if the mustang is not your DD.
Sponsored