Interior Rear Deck Cover vibration

SJM12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost
Those of you that have installed aftermarket subs, how did you remedy the rear deck cover vibration?
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Those of you that have installed aftermarket subs, how did you remedy the rear deck cover vibration?
Lol that’s still a work in progress for me. I added sound treatment to the top and bottom of the deck as well as the bottom of the trim panel and it still resonates.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
DUDE!!! I was about to post this exact question!! When my 2 12's hit hard I hear the distinct buzzing from the rear deck trim/carpet. I was going to dynomat it when I replace the rear deck speakers in phase 2 of my upgrade. (replacing OEM mids/highs).

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Something that helps reduce the rear deck from flapping is perforating the rear deck. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...t-the-subwoofer-output-in.127850/post-3512796

Myself and a few other members have done this. I also went as far as to remove the rear speakers. But I still had some rear movement. So from inside the trunk I fitted large foam blocks up in through the rear speaker openings. I stuffed the blocks between the metal and the deck panel towards the rear of the car until the deck panel was up against the rear window. Zero buzz and the rear panel movement is gone now.

Put foam blocks between the sheet metal and the panel where shown:
20210808_194824-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Something that helps reduce the rear deck from flapping is perforating the rear deck. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...t-the-subwoofer-output-in.127850/post-3512796

Myself and a few other members have done this. I also went as far as to remove the rear speakers. But I still had some rear movement. So from inside the trunk I fitted large foam blocks up in through the rear speaker openings. I stuffed the blocks between the metal and the deck panel towards the rear of the car until the deck panel was up against the rear window. Zero buzz and the rear panel movement is gone now.

20210808_194824-jpg.jpg
I have speakers in mine so this process won’t work for me. Whenever I get around to pulling my interior again I’ll try to layer some more sound deadener at that location and see if that helps.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SJM12

SJM12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost

20210808_194824-jpg.jpg
Thanks! I’ll look into doing this.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
DUDE!!! I was about to post this exact question!! When my 2 12's hit hard I hear the distinct buzzing from the rear deck trim/carpet. I was going to dynomat it when I replace the rear deck speakers in phase 2 of my upgrade. (replacing OEM mids/highs).
God help your eardrums!

GOD HELP YOU EARDRUMS!

WHAT?

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Honestly doesn't have to be loud to hear the vibration sound...really annoying. I'll fix it after pollen season.
Sponsored