Sponsored

Interior Cleaners

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I think it's safe to assume that most reading posts in this section would need minimal interior "cleaning", but rather simply dusting or removing smudges and finger prints from glossy surfaces.

In most cases, a damp microfiber or even an exterior detailer will do the job just fine.

However there are two dedicated products that I really like for this task. Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer (QID) and CarPro InnerQD are both interior cleaners that can be used on most interior surfaces, including infotainment screens.

feb2128.jpg

IMG-0800.jpg

Both products have lemon scents and have the ability to lightly clean interiors with a streak free finish. The Meguiars QID also contains some very mild UV protection as well. I like to use these by spraying liberally into a towel before then wiping the interior surfaces down.

Out of the two, I like the scent and "feel" of InnerQD better, but then QID is almost as good and has that mentioned UV protection.

From here, if more cleaning power is needed, you would be hard pressed to not be impressed with P&S Express.

IMG_1289.jpg

Express can be used on most interior surfaces, including leather. I like how this product will foam up if agitated with a brush, but can also be used in the spray and wipe fashion I mentioned above. The lemony scent is pretty good too.

The next step in cleaning ability would be a stronger All-Purpose-Cleaner such as Koch Chemie Green Star.

mar2122.jpg

Green star will also foam up when agitated and can be diluted appropriately to the desired level of cleaning strength. I have it mixed at 8:1 for decent grunt. Use an APC to remove mud, oil and grease stains, liquid spills and greasy armrests.

After using a product like Express or Green Star, you will probably want to apply a dressing for UV protection such as 303 Protectant. I love this product because it's pretty scent neutral and dry's to a matte finish.

IMG-0249.jpg
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Nice inspiration for my first wash of the year planned for Friday! Interior defo needs some TLC.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
As always, excellent post D. But letā€™s not forget us folks with Alcantara or, like me, Miko Suede. These materials require special care. My own personal recommendation is Sonex Alcantara & Upholstery cleaner. Do you have any other recommendations or tips?

1647346259908.png

LaMustang62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, Motorcycle
My last wash after cleaning the interior with ONR. Optimum No Rinse. I treated everything with Adam's Graphene tire dressing. Came out great and weeks later still looks unchanged and dust free. Used it on tires also since that's what it used made for. Not overly shiny with one coat and no sling

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
My last wash after cleaning the interior with ONR. Optimum No Rinse. I treated everything with Adam's Graphene tire dressing. Came out great and weeks later still looks unchanged and dust free. Used it on tires also since that's what it used made for. Not overly shiny with one coat and no sling
I have used ONR on interiors as too, it works quite well.

As for the Adams Graphene Tire Dressing, a lot of water based tire dressing can cross the divide and be used on interiors as well. Think CarPro Perl and Meguiar's Hyper Dressing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
As always, excellent post D. But letā€™s not forget us folks with Alcantara or, like me, Miko Suede. These materials require special care. My own personal recommendation is Sonex Alcantara & Upholstery cleaner. Do you have any other recommendations or tips?

1647346259908.png
I have to admit, I did actually forget about Alcantara. :facepalm:

I have not had a lot to do with Alcantara, although our Mondeo had Miko Suede bolsters. To be honest, I didn't treat or clean them. In defense, this was just before I doubled down on detailing.

The Sonax Alcantara and Upholstery Cleaner would be the top of my list though.

Another product that I will throw into the mix would be Koch Chemie Pol Star.

Pol Star | Koch-Chemie
Koch-Chemie - Pol Star | The Rag Company
Amazon.com: Koch-Chemie - Pol Star - Textile, Leather & Alcantara Cleaner; Effective Natural Cleaner with Protection Formula; Cleans and Protects Without Leaving Water Marks; Creates Protective Barrier (1 Liter) : Automotive

Where Green Star is a alkaline cleaner, Pol Star is pH neutral and is ideal for upholstery, leather, fabric, carpets and Alcantara. Dilutable from 1:5 to 1:20 depending on cleaning needs. I have it mixed in a Kwazar spray bottle at 1:6.

mar21912.jpg

The towels that I'm using on interiors are the clumsily named The Rag Company The Car Wash Towel -

Car Wash Microfiber Towel | The Rag Company

IMG-1073.jpg

nov107.jpg

These are not a fancy towel but they are perfect for interiors. Measuring 16" x 27" are just the right size for the job, durable and have just enough "bite" for cleaning various interior surfaces. I use them on leather, scrubbing fabric, cleaning plastics and to level down a dressing. They are also pretty cheap at $2.95 each.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I have been using the new Turtle Wax Hybrid Inside Job. Cleans well and has decent protection in it

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I always use Meguiars D10101 all purpose cleaner diluted 10:1 with distilled water. Gives that nice matte finish and is safe for all surfaces.

Reagan2791

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Iā€™m picking up my ā€˜17 Ecoboost Premium on Friday. Iā€™m unfamiliar with some of the terminology in this thread and I want to use the right products for the type of seats I have. See pic. I donā€™t know what itā€™s called. Recommendations for this?
7B5D55FE-E1A4-4ABD-B25B-F0105682AD5C.jpeg

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Iā€™m picking up my ā€˜17 Ecoboost Premium on Friday. Iā€™m unfamiliar with some of the terminology in this thread and I want to use the right products for the type of seats I have. See pic. I donā€™t know what itā€™s called. Recommendations for this?
7B5D55FE-E1A4-4ABD-B25B-F0105682AD5C.jpeg
First of all, I love that color combination. I wish we got the choice of leather color in Australia.

For a light leather trim like that, I would be getting some of the Koch Chemie Pol Star and spray bottle. Keeping light colored leather clean is very important. Unlike All-Purpose-Cleaners (APC), Pol Star is pH neutral, which means its gentler on your trim. This product also contains some protection.

Koch Chemie Pol Star | Interior Leather and Textile Cleaner 1 Liter (clean-garage.com)
The Clean Garage Minty Clean Logo 32oz Spray Bottle | With Sprayer Top (clean-garage.com)

That 1lt bottle go's a long way as it is then further diluted, between 1:5 to 1:10. I have my mixed at the stronger end at 1:6.

You may also want to invest in a leather brush to help with more stubborn stains.

Gyeon Q2M Leather Cleaning Brush (clean-garage.com)
Magic Leather Cleaning Brush | Large | Yellow Foam Backed (clean-garage.com)

Sponsored

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
For a straight up interior cleaner, one of the best bang for your bucks is P&S Xpress Cleaner. Follow this up with carpro Perl or 303 protectant

For an all in 1 cleaner + protectant, I have been using the new Turtle Wax Inside Job and it works pretty well when the car is not super dirty. Saves the time of going over the interior twice with a cleaner and protecter

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Whats the best thing to use to clean rubber floor mats that does not leave them slippery?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Do most just use there interior detailer of choice for the factory black leather? I was under the impression is not the same as true leather, more of a plether? So reg interior detailer is fine on it?
Sponsored