Sponsored

Intense vibrations at all speeds while accelerating

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Hey everyone. Need some insight. Just finished a short round trip road trip. I have pretty severe vibrations at all speeds now during acceleration. Almost feels like the car can’t catch traction.

No codes, engine sounds and revs fine. Tires seem okay also, no low pressure. Just insane vibration. Anybody have any ideas what would have randomly started causing this?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
ssmith891

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Anybody have any thoughts on this? Hoping it’s something as simple as a lost wheel weight during driving home, since that’s when it started.

dcalero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 w/Tech Pack
First thing I would check is tires. Either bumps in the tire, nails and tire balance. If none of that fixes it I would start looking at driveshaft or wheel bearings. If it's when you are braking I would check rotors.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Probably a loose driveshaft. Get it diagnosed ASAP, if it let's go under load it can do a shitload of damage. Wheel/tire issues usually only show up at specific speed ranges unless a wheel is completely loose or something.

OP
OP
ssmith891

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Of course I go to drive it to work this morning for the first time since this started, and everything is fine. Maybe slightly still there, but probably overthinking it since I’m being overly observant now. Definitely not even close to what I was experiencing. I stopped by discount tire anyway and had them balance the wheels. They said nothing was drastically off. So strange how this popped up, and then vanished all of a sudden.

Sponsored

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe something was sticking to the tire and it went off on its own.

OP
OP
ssmith891

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Probably a loose driveshaft. Get it diagnosed ASAP, if it let's go under load it can do a shitload of damage. Wheel/tire issues usually only show up at specific speed ranges unless a wheel is completely loose or something.
Got it diagnosed...you were right. Loose/improperly attached driveshaft. What's even worse, is that the previous dealer that repaired my differential leak, improperly reattached the driveshaft during the repair. I specifically went to another dealer to have the vibration diagnosed, because my experience at the previous dealer was so awful.

The dealer wants to go ahead and replace the entire driveshaft, and of course...it's on backorder. Called Ford customer service, and got a case # and regional rep assigned to the case to try and expedite the driveshaft. Fingers crossed it isn't too long :headbang:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Got it diagnosed...you were right. Loose/improperly attached driveshaft. What's even worse, is that the previous dealer that repaired my differential leak, improperly reattached the driveshaft during the repair. I specifically went to another dealer to have the vibration diagnosed, because my experience at the previous dealer was so awful.

The dealer wants to go ahead and replace the entire driveshaft, and of course...it's on backorder. Called Ford customer service, and got a case # and regional rep assigned to the case to try and expedite the driveshaft. Fingers crossed it isn't too long :headbang:
Glad you had it figured out. This COVID stuff is making part backorders so much worse. Hopefully they can find you one soon.

Hattrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2018 GT A10.
Replaced the driveshaft with a one piece aluminum one on our 15 gt. Very hard to torque the fasteners without special sockets / tools , no problems or vibrations after
Sponsored