Insurance agent just made my day!

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Pro tip: shop your insurance every year. My Farmers agent told me to call Geico because how much mine was and they cut it in HALF for the same coverage. Next year, she'll get to quote me again.
I've done this several times over several years. Each time my current insurance company was the lowest, all things being equal, mostly due to how long I've been with them.

I love Progressive though...."you already have motorcycle insurance with us, why don't you bundle your home and auto to?".... Me: "I have a German Shepherd". That usually ends the discussion. Amazes me...perfect credit, take care of my cars/property, etc....but owning a dog stops them in their tracks. :shrug:

-Emt1581
Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
Age and record? $200 on an ecoboost is outrageous...
26.. driving 10 years, zero tickets, zero accidents.

And $200 isn't actually that bad at all.. I have friends paying $250-350 a month for their coverage on new cars. The insurance agent told me I should expect a discount in 6 months.. We'll see.

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
The difference between two zip codes even in the same state can be huge.
That's for sure. I lived in Roseville, CA. When we got relocated to Modesto, CA my insurance went up 27%. Same cars, same insurance Co. I was with Allstate at the time.

I also had to stop bad mouthing CA insurance rates. When I moved to Reno, NV, my insurance rates went up a little. My registration cost is quite a bit higher too. No state income tax though so I come out way ahead.

When I got my S550 GT, I found the cheapest rate with Geico. Seems like every time I shop insurance around renewal time I may find a Co. that's like 6 bucks cheaper for 6 mos. Not worth changing for that amount.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
26.. driving 10 years, zero tickets, zero accidents.

And $200 isn't actually that bad at all.. I have friends paying $250-350 a month for their coverage on new cars. The insurance agent told me I should expect a discount in 6 months.. We'll see.
I guess it is like [MENTION=18758]Steeeliskt[/MENTION] said, the zip code makes a big difference. That would be murder here.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
Pretty much.. the closer you get to the city, the more you'll pay in every aspect.. rent, insurance etc etc..

Sponsored

94and15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GTPP / 94 GT
I really appreciate the wealth of knowledge this forum provides. Learning lots as I sift through the threads.

However, one area that is pretty individual is insurance coverage/premiums. Since all companies are different and people's driving records do differ, it's not the sort of thing one can gauge real accurately by starting a thread online.

Now I've never financed a vehicle. I've always bought them outright and paid cash. But for the first time, if I do pull the trigger on a 2015 GT premium with performance package (or similar), I will be financing it. While I could probably pay it off in 3 years I'll most likely go with a 6 year plan just to minimize the payments.

But the one thing that's always scared me about buying a higher horsepower car was what the insurance payments would be on it. Back when I was in my late teens I had priced a few cars and the cost to insure them was insane and pretty much killed any pursuit of one. But now that I'm in my mid-30's...things are different.

Just to prepare and do more homework I called my insurance guy, told him exactly what I was looking to purchase and when and he said to give him a few minutes. He called me back and said $430. I cringed and said "Holy crap!! $430 a month, that's more than the car's payments!!". He said..."Noooo....$430 a YEAR". That put an ear to ear grin on my face!! Especially since we're paying around $675 per car each year for 2 Subaru's (02 Forester and 06 Legacy). That means it'll basically bump my insurance payments up $100/quarter. Only limitation is that it won't be a winter car...which this wouldn't be anyway for me. So as long as I don't drive it (much) from say mid-dec. to mid-march...and put under 8,500mi on it per year...I'm good to go! Since we put around 10k a year on each of our vehicles using them almost exclusively/daily, 8,500 isn't really an issue.

I had no clue it would be so cheap to insure these! That means even with insurance figured in I'll be well under $400/mo. for this car. Kinda takes any financial concerns out of the equation, unless the parts and electronics/computer turn out to be costly. At this point other than tires (which I know will not be cheap) and brakes, no other large costs I'm seeing in any of the threads, especially since it's under warranty.

Just figured I'd share.

-Emt1581
Same insurance provider. 2015 GTPP is $455 a year and is about $100 less than my 94 GT for the same coverage. 9 months of use, 3 of storage, Dec - Mar. Actually my Explorer is the most expensive of my vehicles, but that has 12 month coverage.
If you live in PA and have good credit / driving history, Erie is a great insurer.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Same insurance provider. 2015 GTPP is $455 a year and is about $100 less than my 94 GT for the same coverage. 9 months of use, 3 of storage, Dec - Mar. Actually my Explorer is the most expensive of my vehicles, but that has 12 month coverage.
If you live in PA and have good credit / driving history, Erie is a great insurer.
Yes it is. But I really thought the accident and tickets in past years was going to screw me over. That's why I was so shocked with how low it was.

Essentially, I now have NO excuse not to buy one...in the future. :D

-Emt1581

Texican1911

Ford Certified Sales Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a Lightning Blue with Midnight Blue 20" wheels Safe & Smart, Active Exhaust, Shaker
I've done this several times over several years. Each time my current insurance company was the lowest, all things being equal, mostly due to how long I've been with them.
Farmers has my homeowners AND I got the "I'm an agent" discount because I used to be a Farmers agent. Geico still killed it.

BKinn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brendan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I pay about $750 for six months for my GT. I'm 22 with a clean record... can't wait to turn 25 so it reduces.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
$304/month *palm to face*. 25y/o no accident record, first car. Tearing up as I'm typing this.
Welcome to the club bro.. :D
I'm part of this too :p :cheers:

Age and record? $200 on an ecoboost is outrageous...
Agreed.

24 here and I was paying $200/mo for my 2008 dodge charger SE. Insurance only went up $7 when I traded it in for a brand new GT, lol. Got 3 speeding tickets over the 6 years and a couple of accidents I wasn't at fault in.

Can't wait to start paying $30/mo like some of you other guys here.

Sponsored

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
100 a month 25 years old full coverage on a gt they are pretty cheap to insure

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I pay damn near as much for my 08' Vic Interceptor as I do the 15' GT. It cost me $7 less a month to insure the GT than my 2013 Charger RT. ??? I pay $89 a month for full coverage on both cars through ERIE.

McCarthy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
No accidents, No tickets, not a blemish on my driving record, $454.08 per month.

I hate Canada sometimes...

JSCOTT0812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
EB premium and 05 SRT 6 Crossfire for $90 a month through Geico. I'm 25 in Washington State.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
one fifty a month. Bad Bad driving record (all speeding and some accidents). Should be more but I am on board with several cars. Alone would probably be two-something.

I was prepared to get a base, option-less 'stang if the insurance was too high. As long as it meant I could have one of these :)
Sponsored