Insurance agent just made my day!

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Threads like these remind me how much I hate michigan. I pay $400/month for 3 cars. 25, married, perfect driving record (not even a written warning in my 9 years driving). Used to live in Ohio and my insurance rates more than doubled when we moved to Michigan, and that was after shopping around for the best rate.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I pay $200 a month on an Ecoboost Base.. (paid $1200 for 6 months) spotless driving record, zero tickets.. quotes I got for a GT were $415-$490 a month.. Statefarm was $415, Geico $490.. Car note on a GT for me would of been $420 a month.. Lol. Ffff that..

I can't wait a few more years to trade this thing in for a GT.
Only thing I can imagine to justify the cost, knowing what I was quoted, is age...guessing your late teens early 20's??

-Emt1581

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
Only thing I can imagine to justify the cost, knowing what I was quoted, is age...guessing your late teens early 20's??

-Emt1581
Nope.. mostly location.

The price you pay for living in sunny 90 degree weather year round.

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I pay $770 every 6 months using 21st Century. This is for full coverage on a 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium and my 2015 Mustang. Wife has a few speeding tickets, I think my record is clear now lol. Oh and we're both 30.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I pay $770 every 6 months using 21st Century. This is for full coverage on a 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium and my 2015 Mustang. Wife has a few speeding tickets, I think my record is clear now lol. Oh and we're both 30.
I'd like to know how a record becomes clear. I guess 10 years time is what they go by. But I thought my record was clear and then my current employer pulled it (so I could drive for campus field trips) and there were all my tickets and the accident (which I was never cited for).

If there's any other way to clean it up...cheaply...I'd love to know.

-Emt1581

Sponsored

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'd like to know how a record becomes clear. I guess 10 years time is what they go by. But I thought my record was clear and then my current employer pulled it (so I could drive for campus field trips) and there were all my tickets and the accident (which I was never cited for).

If there's any other way to clean it up...cheaply...I'd love to know.

-Emt1581
Every insurance company uses a different formula to "clear" you of your previous tickets. I think they use 7 years back. I had a DUI 9 years ago and it's off my record now...and that would be driving record in the insurance companies eyes.

SBLee29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang V6 w/051a
$304/month *palm to face*. 25y/o no accident record, first car. Tearing up as I'm typing this.

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
$304/month *palm to face*. 25y/o no accident record, first car. Tearing up as I'm typing this.
has anyone called up insurance.com and found the best rate that way? That's how I found my deal. They price check with other companies and you pick the cheapest. Kind of like priceline for auto insurance.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome to the club bro.. :D

Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was gonna say...sounds like ya'll could use a support group! :help:

-Emt1581
Yeah well I'm hoping in 6 months my insurance will go down.. for one I have decent credit, 2 spotless driving record and 3 turning 27 finally..

What I'm losing sleep over now is whether I should mod this EB and keep it or pay it down as much as possible and trade it in for a GT in 2-3 years.. I have positive equity in it already so it wouldn't be too much of a hit.. least I hope not.

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
I am an insurance broker. I work with many, many different carriers and also shopped my policy with carriers I don't work with. Due to my zip code, not so great driving record, and needing higher limits liability limits... I am paying $460/month. I have looked everywhere and even working in the industry I am being bent over. The really shitty thing is my mom lives one city over, it is probably 25 miles away, if I used her address it would drop my premium by $1,200 every 6 months, but it isn't the right thing to do. Gotta pay to play.

you guys paying $400/year or $400/6 months... I could only dream.

Edit: Just FYI to you guys in CA, minor violations (speeding, running red light, etc) and accidents stay on your record for 3 years. Major violations(dui, reckless driving, etc) cause you to lose CA good driver discount for 10 years. That is easily 20% and also makes it so you can't be with the preferred carriers.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah well I'm hoping in 6 months my insurance will go down.. for one I have decent credit, 2 spotless driving record and 3 turning 27 finally..

What I'm losing sleep over now is whether I should mod this EB and keep it or pay it down as much as possible and trade it in for a GT in 2-3 years.. I have positive equity in it already so it wouldn't be too much of a hit.. least I hope not.
I didn't know credit score factored into it. Mine is perfect so that could be another reason my quote was so low. Not sure why that matters though other than cutting the check each quarter or year.

-Emt1581

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
I didn't know credit score factored into it. Mine is perfect so that could be another reason my quote was so low. Not sure why that matters though other than cutting the check each quarter or year.

-Emt1581
Some states use credit. CA does not use credit for personal auto policies, but some carriers will run credit for commercial policies and discount/surcharge/not offer terms based on your credit.