Sponsored

Insurance agent just made my day!

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
Record + age? You should be able to full coverage (or even $1,000,000) for less than that.
I am 34, a handfull of moving violation tickets but all mostly 7 years ago or more, one of them being wreckless driving when I had Hydraulics. (1) speeding ticket in the last 4 years. I live in a good area of Orlando, FL. My Insurance on my Hemi charger was $680 every 6 months, but when I got the mustang and the required limits bumped up to 100/300 etc it went up to $820 for 6 months.
Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I pay $200 a month on an Ecoboost Base.. (paid $1200 for 6 months) spotless driving record, zero tickets.. quotes I got for a GT were $415-$490 a month.. Statefarm was $415, Geico $490.. Car note on a GT for me would of been $420 a month.. Lol. Ffff that..

I can't wait a few more years to trade this thing in for a GT.
Nope.. mostly location.

The price you pay for living in sunny 90 degree weather year round.

Age and record? $200 on an ecoboost is outrageous...

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
The difference between two zip codes even in the same state can be huge.
I am moving 13 miles away to another zip code and my insurance is going up another $170 for the 6 months. The new area is nicer then where I am at now so I dont get it.

Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I am an insurance broker. I work with many, many different carriers and also shopped my policy with carriers I don't work with. Due to my zip code, not so great driving record, and needing higher limits liability limits... I am paying $460/month. I have looked everywhere and even working in the industry I am being bent over. The really shitty thing is my mom lives one city over, it is probably 25 miles away, if I used her address it would drop my premium by $1,200 every 6 months, but it isn't the right thing to do. Gotta pay to play.

you guys paying $400/year or $400/6 months... I could only dream.

Edit: Just FYI to you guys in CA, minor violations (speeding, running red light, etc) and accidents stay on your record for 3 years. Major violations(dui, reckless driving, etc) cause you to lose CA good driver discount for 10 years. That is easily 20% and also makes it so you can't be with the preferred carriers.
If you don't mind me asking, what city is that?

NYC here, 188/mo for 1k/1k deductible, 28 years old.

I'm assuming lots of tickets.

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Slight thread jack, any of you guys with the super low rates ever actually need to use your insurance? I know some people who have had ridiculous low rates which correlated to ridiculously low customer service.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I didn't know credit score factored into it. Mine is perfect so that could be another reason my quote was so low. Not sure why that matters though other than cutting the check each quarter or year.

-Emt1581
Statistically people with higher credit ratings get into far fewer accidents than those with poor credit ratings. My friend worked for a major Insurance company and showed me the study. I thought it was BS before but the numbers don't lie. A person with a <600 credit rating is 6 time more likely to be in an at fault accident than someone >780. People who make good financial decisions tend to make good driving decisions too
:shrug:

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Slight thread jack, any of you guys with the super low rates ever actually need to use your insurance? I know some people who have had ridiculous low rates which correlated to ridiculously low customer service.
Yup, I had to use mine a couple times. The big one was after I flipped my last car. The insurance company's check essentially paid for my current car outright. (I think I might have been able to pocket $50 or so)

Only complaint I have about my company is they don't call a tow truck...but that's what AAA is for. Progressive is amazing for this!! I've had them tow my bike several times... free, fast and easy!

-Emt1581

Sponsored
OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Statistically people with higher credit ratings get into far fewer accidents than those with poor credit ratings. My friend worked for a major Insurance company and showed me the study. I thought it was BS before but the numbers don't lie. A person with a <600 credit rating is 6 time more likely to be in an at fault accident than someone >780. People who make good financial decisions tend to make good driving decisions too
:shrug:
That's interesting, and it makes sense.

Thanks

-Emt1581

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Never used insurance before in my life.

Texican1911

Ford Certified Sales Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a Lightning Blue with Midnight Blue 20" wheels Safe & Smart, Active Exhaust, Shaker
Pro tip: shop your insurance every year. My Farmers agent told me to call Geico because how much mine was and they cut it in HALF for the same coverage. Next year, she'll get to quote me again.