Installing New Speakers in B&O System

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
If anyone knows where I can find a stealthbox for our cars that would great! Lol
I wouldn't bother with it. JL says on their website that in order for it to fit, you need to move some car equipment in area it goes on the gt350s (not sure what's behind the sides but they have the disclaimer listed).

Order a JL sub and one of these boxes.. it's what I used and didn't have to modify anything in the trunk in that cubby area.

https://store.audiodesignscg.com/fi...=18&syear=464&cfm=Ford&cfmo= Mustang&cfy=2018

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I wouldn't bother with it. JL says on their website that in order for it to fit, you need to move some car equipment in area it goes on the gt350s (not sure what's behind the sides but they have the disclaimer listed).

Order a JL sub and one of these boxes.. it's what I used and didn't have to modify anything in the trunk in that cubby area.

https://store.audiodesignscg.com/filter-page/?make=13&model=18&syear=464&cfm=Ford&cfmo= Mustang&cfy=2018
Is the GT350 trunk space really that much different than a GT? I installed a Stealthbox in my 2019 Bullitt and the only thing I had to remove was the factory metal subwoofer bracket.

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Why would you order the car with the B & O if you were going to do this unless it was bought from stock on the lot already there. I didnā€™t get it on purpose to save the money for the planned upgrade.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Is the GT350 trunk space really that much different than a GT? I installed a Stealthbox in my 2019 Bullitt and the only thing I had to remove was the factory metal subwoofer bracket.
Don't know but their statement is pretty clear.

Screenshot_20210510-215326_Chrome.jpg

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase

I get it if someone wants to make sure they keep their trunk space valuable but JL is the only jokers who make this box that fits in that space that I know of. They are very smart to charge a shit ton for it so nobody buys it to throw away their sub par woofer. If I could buy the box only that would be great. There are so many better products out there subwoofer wise but no one else is willing to take the time to make a product specifically for the mustang. I would just skip the enclosure from JL and just make your own killer system. Just my thoughts.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
@Matthewstorm, howā€™s the stereo mod coming along? Are you satisfied with the aftermarket sound vs factory?
Ok, so I lied. I ended up getting the JL Audio TWK88.

I also got the Hertz ML Power 5D amp.
Alpine A-60M subwoofer amp.
Hertz DSK 165.3 6.5.
Hertz C26 OE Cento tweeters.
Dayton Audio 3.5 for the dash.
Audiofrog GS25 2.5
Focal RCX 165.
JL Audio 10" woofer

I only have the woofer, Dayton, Focal, and the Hertz tweeters installed so far.

I'm insane.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

I believe they are referring to the electronic box thatā€™s attached to the tail light. My GT500 has it too and I have no idea what itā€™s for.
Not that it really matters since no one has the stealthbox in stock.

As for anyone wondering why some would want this piece of equipment...until you pay our loans or buy our cars, what we do with them is our business. Thereā€™s a difference between offering up suggestions if people ask vs. trash talking products with opinions no one is seeking.

Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I would like to get a stealth box, but it's really expensive over here in Germany and no one has one in stock either, so i guess i make my own. I always wanted to learn how to do a fiberglass box myself. :p

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Ok, so I lied. I ended up getting the JL Audio TWK88.

I also got the Hertz ML Power 5D amp.
Alpine A-60M subwoofer amp.
Hertz DSK 165.3 6.5.
Hertz C26 OE Cento tweeters.
Dayton Audio 3.5 for the dash.
Audiofrog GS25 2.5
Focal RCX 165.
JL Audio 10" woofer

I only have the woofer, Dayton, Focal, and the Hertz tweeters installed so far.

I'm insane.
I'd recommend to skip the 3.5 center dash and also the rear speakers. Also if possible, run the system fully active (6 channels and sub) with 6 channel amp+ mono amp for sub since you already have the TWK88. Active vs passive makes a significant difference on how you can dial in the system. I'm no audiophile expert, but trust me - I went through 3 different setups on my car, so I know. The only minor downside with TWK88 IMO is 10 band EQ instead of 31, this was the reason my installer recommend Helix DSP.3 over it.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
10 band parametric eq is ok. If you choose wisely on where you set the bands the result will be very good. That doesnā€˜t mean that the Helix isnā€˜t the better device.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT